SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Bible College Recommendations

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Anamosa41

Georgia, USA

Bible College Recommendations

I am currently planning on going into the ministry, and I am praying and seeking God on what Bible college I should attend. I would appreciate any recommendations to Godly Bible Colleges. The classes I will take will have to be online, so if anyone knows a Bible College that is Biblically sound in what it teaches and offers online classes it would be much appreciated! Thank you for any feedback you may give, and God bless.

2012/5/28 13:57Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re: Bible College Recommendations

Go into the mission field for a season. This is the best recommendation that I can give you. Let Him draw you to His ministry.

Blessings!

2012/5/28 14:14Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

If you are considering enrolling in a Bible College, I studied at Lee University. They have an online/distance studies program where you can earn a Bachelors in Christian Ministry.

2012/5/28 14:51Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Calvary Chapel Bible College offers both correspondence courses and online courses, go to the link for distance learning;

http://calvarychapelbiblecollege.com/site/

In Christ,

Ron

2012/5/28 16:29Profile

Re: Anamisa41

I saw your post asking for Bible school guidance from the forum. You say you are planning in going into the ministry. Yet you did not provide any background what has led to your decision. I commend your decision to.want to go intothe ministry. But this is not a decision that should be made like a career choice. Like one is planning to go to med school to be a doctor or planning to go to law school to be an attorney.

I woukd like to ask you some questions that I hope will help you think through your decision for ministry. First have you been called to the ministry? I assume when you say you are planning on going into ministry you are speaking of some type of leadership time in an organized church. So to repeat my question. Has God given you a call to ministry? Have you discussed such a call with your spiritual mentors? Have you saight wise council from mature saints who know you anf can speak into your life about a call to ministry? Has such a call been confirmed into your life by your local assembly?

I urge you before you decide on a Bible school decide with the supportive wisdom from others if God had called you to ministry.

My next question to you is how well fo you know Jesus? What I mean is do you have a time where you are talking to him in prayer? I don't mean is prayer part of your life. I mean is praying like breathing to you? Is prayer your life? Any ministry you have had to be fueled and maintained by prayer.

How well do you know your Bible? .How well do you know the heart of God as revealed in the Old and New Testaments? Bible school may give background about the Bible. But how well do you know the truth as found in the Bible? How well do you know him who is the truth of the Bible?

Are you reading through the Bible on a regular basis? Are you reading through the New Testament on a regular basis? I don't mean just a few verses but I mean extended times in the word and praying through what you read. There are some excellent messages by Keith Danirls which can be accessed in this forum.

John Bunyon said pray and read and read and pray. For a little from God is better than a whole lot from men.

My last question would be are you presently involved in ministry in your church? Are you leading Bible studies, evangelizing, discipling, preaching, doing visitation, visiting the sick and prisons, etc. Are you reaching out to people? Ministry is people. Do you love people as Jesus did? Do you know what your spiritual gifts are?

My questions are asked on a spirit of love to help you think through your decision of ministry? If God is leading you into ministry then it is a high and noble calling. But please make sure God is leading you and your decision is not based in flesh reasons.

Bearmaster.

2012/5/29 10:25
Anamosa41

Georgia, USA

Re:

Thanks to everyone who has replied to this post. I appreciate the recommendations and advice.

I would like to reply directly to bearmaster's questions now. First, thank you for asking me what you have and for wisely stating all the truths that did! Any brother or sister in Christ that loves someone that is going into the ministry would ask those questions. So thank you again for saying what you said. I know that I have been called into the ministry because it has been confirmed in several ways by other brothers in Christ that only God could orchestrate, and because of the inner urgings, longings, and desires that I have. My family and others who know me, ministers and others, believe the same. Currently I am not involved in a church ministry because I am in a transition from my previous church to another, with much prayer. But I am visiting others, especially the elderly, and spend half of the time with my family helping to take care of my grandma who is bed ridden. Over the past several months I have grown much in the area of prayer, and the prayer closet is a place that I seek daily. About a year ago I read Why Revival Tarries and Revival Praying by Leonard Ravenhill, and that encouraged me greatly to go to the prayer closet and linger there, intercede, and seek God.

God is faithful, and has helped me to grow in my faith and walk with Him. I can answer the questions you gave with a "yes", but I am always in need of the Lord's strength, guidance, direction, and wisdom. Like Jesus said, "Without me, ye can do nothing." And that is very true.

Thanks again to all who replied. I am praying and seeking God's will. Any other recommendations are appreciated, and prayer is much appreciated!

God bless.

2012/5/29 17:14Profile
JB1968

Ohio USA

Re:

I would suggest God's Bible School and College. One of my children attend there and my wife is finishing up her degree through their online program. Here is their website: http://www.gbs.edu/. I graduated there with a Bachelor degree in ministry. A great and godly school.

2012/5/29 19:20Profile
Elibeth

Re:

Dear Anamosa41,

By reading your answer to bearmaster,..I sence you have a sincere
and true desire for the Lord.
Anamosa, have you maybe ever thought about ..just letting the Lord,
Who is the truest Teacher, teach you ?
That you will not get misguided in any way ?
I believe He taught the one's in the first church,(the original intention of God) about His WAY and Himself.

...Yes, there are some that have the Lord' teaching,
But first of all, ...being filled with the Holy Spirit,and getting alone with God and read, read,read,....in 1Jn,..it says, you have no need that man teach you,..that the Onointing will teach you...What do you think,...do we really FIRST need Him to teach us,? He will bring all thing to our remembrance.

Then as we hear others, we will be able to weigh all things by His plumline.
Not that we will ever learn everything,...we could go on forever,and the
Lord still reveal more and more of Himself to us.
And also,like Mary at the feet of Jesus,being taught by Him,...He said,
What she had chose, would never be taken away from her.

Many years ago, when the Lord was drawing me to Himself through His mighty Grace,...I was so hungry for the Word,..He said to me,...' Don't get any material, tapes, books,etc.,...just get my Word,and I will teach you.'
At the time,I did not know that, that what I had just told you was even in the Word.
I know I say all this at the risk of many that might not agree with this way,
but I felt that I needed to say this to you,because there is so many 'ways'
out there,but the Lord has One 'WAY'

Be blessed mightly in the Lord,

Elizabeth

2012/5/29 21:31Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Do whatever you can to learn more about the Lord and His word. If that means staying at home and praying all day, do that. Or if that means you go off to Bible college or seminary, do that.

Whatever you do, do it unto the Lord. A Bible college education may not be for everybody. But I can think of a lot of people who could greatly benefit from it.

In my pursuit of the Lord, He told me to go to Bible college. And I'm glad I did. I learned a lot of fantastic things there, and the Lord used it to really deepen my walk. I am eternally thankful for the wisdom, knowledge, experience, and relationships I gained there. And many people have been blessed for my going.

And lest we get too spiritual for our own good, let us remember that the vast majority of the preachers featured on this website went to Bible college and/or seminary. And some of those who did not do such managed to find themselves lecturing there from time to time just the same. Tozer, Katz, Wilkinson, Ravenhill, etc. All graduates of Bible colleges, seminaries, or somebody who sometimes lectured there.

2012/5/29 23:16Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, i live in a bible col. dorm in baton rouge.centered on the cross but not acredited or recognized by anyone. very good men as teachers who truly love Jesus but no help after graduation for placement. you really need to have faith to come here or be a swaggartite. i have seen great students and awful, flighty and serious, it is up to the person in how they apply themselves in any bible col. at 73 yrs old, the wonderful one i went to has dust and weeds growing there.jimp

2012/5/30 2:41Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy