SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Memorial Day

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Memorial Day

On this Memorial Day weekend in the states, I would like to remember that Jesus Christ died and rose again so the nations would no longer have to learn war. And if they learn war, it is because they have been taught by somebody besides Him.

2012/5/27 18:31Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re: Memorial Day

On Memorial Day, we should remember that nationalism is a deadly sin that has cost the nations of the world hundreds of millions of lives. And instead of remembering our dead, we should look forward to the day in which the nations finally embrace the hope of the prophets and the teachings of Christ: that men would learn war no more.

2012/5/28 7:00Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Quote:
I would like to remember that Jesus Christ died and rose again so the nations would no longer have to learn war. And if they learn war, it is because they have been taught by somebody besides Him.

I agree Jimmy because there are many Cains still in this land who want to settle things through death but to those who are willing, God is making us Abels!!

God bless,
Lisa

2012/5/28 9:49Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

On another note about Memorial Day, my preacher had another take on Memorial Day yesterday and boy was it good! I don't think that I can do it justice with the piddly bit of notes that I took but I'd like to share it here if that's ok......

Memorial Day = Memory Day = Remember

6 that this may be a sign among you. When your children ask in time to come, ‘What do those stones mean to you?’ 7 then you shall tell them that the waters of the Jordan were cut off before the ark of the covenant of the LORD. When it passed over the Jordan, the waters of the Jordan were cut off. So these stones shall be to the people of Israel a memorial forever.” (Joshua 4.6-7)

Those stones were a memorial of God did for Israel that they were to remind their children of.

What are the stones in your life, the memorials of what God has done in your life? The supernatural events of God in your life!

The Holy Spirit is our memorial today! Christ lived this life perfectly for us and gave us a memorial, the Holy Spirit. Let God change us, Let God get rid of our human nature, the Apostles walk was Pentecost!

But God, in Christ, was beaten by His own creation as a memorial of God’s love us. He wants you to have an abundant life here as well as in our next life... that’s why He sent the Holy Spirit. Wait on the Lord and learn.

What are the supernatural events of God in your life? Where are your memorials?

*If it doesn't make sense, I apologize! It was very good and it really pointed out that we NEED to remember what the Lord has done in our lives, the memorials.

God bless,
Lisa

2012/5/28 9:51Profile
Blayne

On Memorial Day I am again reminded that it is WE Christians who are the cork which keeps this world afloat ... we are indeed the salt of the earth.
We have not been asked to save this world nor it's systems; but rather to save ourselves from this wicked generation.
On this Memorial Day, I choose to remember that it is God's people and their spiritual sacrifices over the centuries which have stayed the evil hand desiring our utter annihilation. It is spirit against spirit and God's people have triumphed and the creation continues ... although groaning and greatly pressured.

2012/5/28 17:14Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy