Discussion Forum : General Topics : A brief eschatological primer

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

Docs

I am only somewhat interested in eschatology. When it comes to 'end times' stuff I am not at all interested in the 'nation against nation' stuff because it really doesn't mean anything to me. If it were something that just began happening and history showed it then that is one thing but it isn't like that. Technology and the expansion of knowledge would be a much better fit to talk about end times. Does that make sense?

2012/6/8 12:37Profile
EverestoSama

Re:

Don't forget the main thing Christ warned about as a sign for the last days; spiritual deception. The very fist words out of His mouth concerning the last days were "See to it that no one misleads you". Christ warned about Spiritual deception against believers in the Olivet discourse four times more than anything else.

Spiritual deception propagated against believers on a massive scale should be the number one telltale sign of the end days.

One has to simply browse the forums for a minute or two and observe the heaps of un-Biblical rubbish being toted and promoted on here by many to see that this is already taking effect on a large scale.

Get ready for the rest to follow.

2012/6/8 12:52Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

EverseetoSama

Again, as in my other post, I don't know that saying spiritual deception is a tell tale sign of the end days. If it is then this means that spiritual deception hasn't happened alot until recently, would you agree? 2 things that we can agree on that has happened recently in dramatic fashion. Israel becoming a state and the rise of technology and knowledge. Beyond that it really isn't something knew. This is a reason why it is hard for me to go hardcore into 'end times' stuff because too many people blow alot smoke with it and the unsuspected fall hook line and sinker for it. Does that make any sense?

John

2012/6/8 19:14Profile
docs

Re: Reply to DEADn - expansion of knowledge

Hi DEADn,

You said,

"I am only somewhat interested in eschatology. When it comes to 'end times' stuff I am not at all interested in the 'nation against nation' stuff because it really doesn't mean anything to me. If it were something that just began happening and history showed it then that is one thing but it isn't like that. Technology and the expansion of knowledge would be a much better fit to talk about end times. Does that make sense?"

Again, I would advise you to read past the nation against nations passages and continue on until the end of these chapters that deal with such. Israel and Jerusalem are mentioned with specificity so the end time events are impossible without a Jewish presence in the land. It's my opinion that it isn't so much a question of where did the prophets speak of a final spiritual restoration of Israel at the end of the age but where didn't they speak of it. It's their main theme regarding the end of the age. Of course that restoration will be in Christ.

Regarding the expansion of knowledge, I find that the way the Amplified Bible presents Daniel 12:4 to be intriguing. The people who put the Amplifed Bible together were no rookies and they spent untold thouands of hours doing their research. In line with their efforts to expand and amplify on the meaning of each verse, their rendition of the verse is,

4 - But you, O Daniel, shut up the words and seal the Book until the time of the end. [Then] many shall run to and fro and search anxiously [through the Book], and knowledge [of God’s purposes as revealed by His prophets] shall be increased and become great. (Daniel 12:4)

Many scholars agree that this is more in line with Daniel's original thoughts than the typical versions that are thoght to mean that there wil be a expansion of man's technological, scientific and medical knowledge etc. That may be part of the expansion but is that all? Daniel was told that "these words would be concealed and sealed up uhtil the end time" when "none of the wicked will understand" but "those who have insight will understand" (Daniel 12:9-10). This insight will likely come from a "anxious" (diligent and determined) search of the prophetic books as to their meaning and relevance for the end of the age. So a turning to and a searching out of the prophets will be a sign of the end also. One of the best things I can recommend for fellow saints is to study again the writings of the prophets and Jesus so as to help us understand the meaning of the times we live in and the signs we already see. Many are already doing so. If we still have questions then let's get together and study. I've found that the study of eschatology is not such a plodding through a science fiction maze as many seem to think it is. The prophets all spoke of a Jewish presence in the holy land and a last days controversy surrounding their presence. That is the epicenter around which the events of the end will swirl. If one still has questions then we need to expand our knowledge of the prophetic books and what they reveal about His prophetic plan at the end of the age.

Blessings to you.

2012/6/9 10:31Profile
EverestoSama

Re:

Quote:
Again, as in my other post, I don't know that saying spiritual deception is a tell tale sign of the end days. If it is then this means that spiritual deception hasn't happened alot until recently, would you agree?

Not necessarily. Spiritual deception has been around since day one, however the amount of spiritual deception that is allowed by believers in even the last 30 years is absolutely staggering. The low regard for the Word of God and rightly interpreting it, where subjective experience triumphs over all, and personal interpretation is the norm. Where 100 years ago half of the stuff being welcomed by most of the modern day church would have been considered heretical blasphemy, (and rightly so) we now see believers by the droves openly accepting anything, without the slightest hesitation, and without an ounce of spiritual discernment, in the names of "love", "peace" and "unity".

"Even the elect will be deceived if possible" (and the Greek grammar does not present this as an impossibility as some state, but something that actually could happen). Isreal, the rise of natural disasters, nation against nation, wars and rumors of war, etc. etc. All of these things do indeed help mark the end of days, but these things are just primers. Jesus warned about these things each once. Spiritual deception though he warned about four times (in Hebrew thought you repeat a point over and over again to show it's importance). The mass deception and the great falling away are going to be the big signs, which is why Christ (and the apostles) warned about it with such frequency, and right now we're beginning to witness the first fruits of it. The rest of the stuff will come for sure, but the deception has already begun.

By the number of times Jesus warned about it, it is THE telltale sign of the last days. Just look at how the apostles address the last days in the epistles. Look how much warning against spiritual deception is included in their admonitions. It should speak volumes.

2012/6/9 12:19Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy