SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Is the Roman Catholic Church really rooted in EVIL?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 )
PosterThread

Re:

Thank you for your response Diane, but I see it to be rather apples and oranges. The verses about the scarlet woman and her cup have clearly been outlined earlier in this thread. We are not talking about those who live in a corrupt system. We are talking about those who WILLINGLY continue to share in a cup of demons. The Scriptures are completely clear on this issue.

2012/8/28 11:21
MaryJane

Re:

EverstoSama

I wanted to thank you for your encouragement where my mom is concerned.

God bless
maryjane

2012/8/28 12:13Profile
roadsign

Re:

Quote:
We are not talking about those who live in a corrupt system. We are talking about those who WILLINGLY continue to share in a cup of demons. The Scriptures are completely clear on this issue.

Yes but unfortunately Biblical clarity is not necessarily the same as” clarity” in people’s minds. It’s quite amazing what this “cup of demons” has contained. There was a time when the major third interval was “clearly” straight from the devil. So where violins because they were used in ‘worldly’ places. Thus they were forbidden in church. Same with icons. And on it goes.

Don't you think we have a tendency to judge others according to OUR criteria for evil. Certainly that’s been the basis of a lot of divisiveness in the church – for centuries.

Now consider our world system of commerce? Is that not from the cup of demons according to Rev. 19? Maybe our life style is less godly than we assume. You see there is always the propensity to judge someone else’s habits while justifying our own - quite WILLINGLY (to use your word). But in doing so, we may be less aware of how we are violating other commands.

On the matter of volition: There are indeed many who have willingly left the institutional church because of its corruptness. But no one can leave their own heart – wherein corruptness dwells.

I have learned that people’s religious behaviors – using worship music or rosary –is not necessarily the distinguishing mark of authenticity. The difference is Christ’s presence within through regeneration. And that is an individual matter – which you can only discern through relationship with that person, and you can sense the unity in the Spirit. When it’s there, it is truly awesome! Where the Spirit rules, you have no bitterness, no resentment, no dead prayers, no guilt-induced ritualism… You have joy, peace, and love… and LIFE. LIVING people can be found – yes, even in dead, demonic religous/political/ecomonic systems! Amazing!

Diane

2012/8/28 13:04Profile
roadsign

Re:

Mary Jane, I am blessed by your tender heart towards your mom. You continue to love her, and bear the pain of her spiritual neediness. May God touch her with his love through you - that she may find vibrant LIFE in Him... and in her conscience be freed from the lifeless forms of religious devotion.

Diane

2012/8/28 13:06Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, there is no question that roman catholic theology is ungodly.coredemtrix of mary,infallibility,(some on here think they are infallible by the way they write)transubstanciation,etc.the ultimate separation of the priesthood and laity. the people are duped and believe beyond a shadow of doubt that they are correct in every way of worship and doctrine. most of the priests are duped and think that they are the only ones with the truth.they all need Jesus. my mother denounced me when i left the rc church and was baptized at the 1st baptist church in new orleans. i lost my wife and four children when i surrendered to the ministry.they are blinded by tradition and religion and can be just as pharisaicle as a fundementalist. just as harsh and just as wrong. these people need mercy that only God gives.jimp

2012/8/28 19:21Profile

Mercy without repentance is useless.

"these people [Roman Catholics] need mercy that only God gives."..jimp

It is true, and I try and approach them in that way, but it seems the hardest part is "TO COME OUT FROM HER!"..and I imagine it is because of the incredible maze of Dogma they ingest everyday as the only truth.

After being saved, without coming out all the way, you revert back to the lies; like a little bit of poison won't kill you. I have asked Roman Catholics that I was praying for [ for healing or salvation ] to directly renounce demonic worship practices, like some of them you have described below, and have seen dark forces rise up in them, with all kinds of manifestations.

They struggle with a spiritual indoctrination that has directly fed them with authentic "doctrines of demons", and valid manifestations of those one and same demons. They are often very hard to break without being baptised in the holy Spirit. Mercy! is right.

2012/9/5 11:43

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy