SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Is the Roman Catholic Church really rooted in EVIL?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re: The Spirit of Religion is MIXTURE.

AmrKelly wrote:

It would be impossible to live with such a blasphemy [Mormonism] having come to a knowledge of the Truth concerning The Lord Jesus.

In Rome however, the centrality of Who Christ Was and Is, has been preserved in every detail. What makes it possible for RC brethren; the "my people" of "come out of her my people" in Revelations, to remain in Rome having come to a "living" understanding of the greater substance of salvation, is the centrality of your puzzlement.

What makes for a difficult understanding, is why these brethren don't see the blasphemous titles and idolatry which Rome practices as well as the blasphemy of the Mass. Then when you read Revelations and "Mystery Babylon" the Apostle John "wondered with a great wonder". You may see that perhaps this is because he could not actually fully comprehend what he was seeing in the vision. Which is to say, perhaps it seemed impossible to believe that a Church bearing the attributes of Christ could have come to such a place.

I know that this a view of some people who have given this a great deal of thought. What I personally find even more disturbing than the thought of Masses and blasphemous names, such as "Mary Mother of God" or idolatry and praying for the dead, is what all this means for the end of this age. Rome as a religious system is determined to maintain its position as the Mother of the True Faith, and does indeed believe that she will not become a widow.....ArmKelly

Brilliant ArmKelly: I hadn't considered John the Revelator "wondering in great awe!" as he beheld the spiritual reality of the Roman apparition as the wicked claptrap she is, and at the same time considering her naming herself as the One and holy church of the Lamb. Thank-you for that; it solidifies my convictions.

In his position, I would wonder in great amazement too. In John's time, there were 1300 Satanic, demon worshiping temples in Rome, practicing the ancient mass, and praying to the Queen of Heaven, by name; Astarte. [ Easter ].

Several hundred of the ranking demon-gods were given specific days and feasts to be honored. Is it a coincidence that those exact days and feast days were transcribed to the Roman church, and celebrated today as "Saints days"? It makes you wonder.....

How could a holy brother or sister endure such mixture in their worship?; Half Satan, half God; But, some do.

Holy acting while murdering the the true. This is the RCC.

2012/6/20 11:18
proudpapa

Re: Is the Roman Catholic Church really rooted in EVIL?

by Brothertom on 2012/5/26 13:59:44

//BE VERY HAPPY YOU WERE NOT BORN BACK IN 1232 A.D.

As on this very date back in 1232, Gregory IX issues the Bull Declinante jam mundi, bringing the papal inquisition to any that will not kiss the ring, in which the sole purpose was to root out and punish with torture any heretics in their dioceses and like cancer it spread fast and hard, with the end death.
We point fingers at the Muslims and the bloody history from that religion but non is liken to the Roman Church which killed oceans of humans in this 350 year period and would have had their way with many of us on facebook for our stance or even just reading the Bible//

umm??
I am glad that I was not alive during the Synod of Dort as was Johan Van Oldenbarnevelt and was and others that did not see eye to eye with orthodoxy.

I am Glad that I was not around during the years the reformers took power as was Felix Manz and many others who did not see eye to eye with Orthodoxy

I am Glad that I was not alive Here in America in the 1660s
with the Boston martyrs such as Mary Dyer and others who did not see eye to eye with orthodoxy.

When I read Catholic History books they apologize for there wickedness. When I read reformed History books they try to justify there actions

2012/6/20 11:38Profile

Re:

"Yes, they attend mass but they know the truth and they feel compelled or my be even obligated to stay right where their at."

Krispy responds.
I find it odd that I have never heard anyone ever say that concerning those who were Mormons or JW's... yet I hear it all the time concerning the RCC. Can you even imagine the outcry of a response someone would get if they suggested that new believers stay in the Mormon or JW church so they can "be an influence"? No one would ever make such a suggestion.

I consider the RCC to be way more dangerous to the Christian than the other two because on the surface the RCC seems to be close to the truth... until you start to really look at what it teaches and why it teaches it. Then you realize just how far from the truth the RCC really is.

The RCC is not apostate, which is what people imply when they speak of Christians who dont leave it so they can "make a difference". The RCC is not going to suddenly come around to the truth. In fact in the last 40 years or so since Vatican II the RCC has done nothing but strongly reinforce it's doctrines of demons.

The RCC is not apostate... The RCC is anti-Christ! The child of God is to not partake of it. Thats a Biblical command."....KrispyKritter.

Excellent point Krisp, and one that needed to be said. The RCC is a satanic cult, with no other ideology rooted below than to utterly resist and devour the truth of Jesus, His doctrines, and His holy seed; the true Church. If she repented to her first love, she would rest in the heart of Lucifer as he shook his fist at the Lord attempting to murder him, the moment he was given his second name; Satan.

Not a good thing to repent to, eh?

2012/6/21 8:12
proudpapa

I have heard the RCC caled Babylon,The Harlot,the anti-Christ and I am not so sure that I would argue, even though I do not think from my observations that I would limit those statements to just the RCC.

At what point in history did this become?
Was the RCC once good but now fallen or was it bad from its beginnings??

2012/6/21 20:45Profile

Always the bad seed.

"I have heard the RCC called Babylon,The Harlot,the anti-Christ and I am not so sure that I would argue, even though I do not think from my observations that I would limit those statements to just the RCC.

"At what point in history did this become?
Was the RCC once good but now fallen or was it bad from its beginnings??"...proudpapa

In Rome, at the time of the apostles, there were 1300 or so satanic temples, each of witch offered direct engagement with a demon, demoness, or a group or council of devils.

The author of "Two Babylons", Alexander Hislop, "demonstrates that almost all of the practices of the Roman Cult have been brought over from Paganism.when we come to see that the worship of the virgin Mary is really the worship of Venus, [ Astarte; Easter ]and that it comes from Babylon, the center of the system is revealed to be satanic."

"The Jesuits, the warring arm of the RCC, also push for the error that there is one mediator between God and Man, and that is the mediatrix, Mary."

Hislop writes and proves; "That Rome is in very deed the Babylon of the Apocalypse, and the essential character of her system, he grand objects of her worship, her festivals , her doctrine, her discipline, her rites and ceremonies, her priesthood, her orders, have ALL been derived from ancient Babylon, and finally that the Pope himself is truly and properly the lineal representation of Belshazzar."

All of these 1300 temples mentioned above, shortly after the death of the apostles, were then merged into the rites , structure, mass and ceremonies of the Roman Cult, which is erroneously called a church. It has nothing to do with God, and everything to do with the destruction of God's work on Earth.

It is estimated that over one billion people today worship at the feet of this prostitute Venus, all in the symbolic nature of an omnipotent goddess they call the mother of God, while honoring the vicar [ vicarious king] of the Lord] of Christ as head.[ Pope ].

It seems that throughout modern history, from the year of our Lord, the RCC has been evolving in and out, twisting to gain more power. She may have peaked near the end of her last great inquisition, which ended about 1600.

2012/6/23 10:26
proudpapa

Re: Always the bad seed.

Thank you brothertom for the reply. I have never read Alexander Hissop but am familiar with him, I have wanted to get his book for several years but have not thus far.

If The Catholic Church is the Mother of Harlots whom is her offspring??

2012/6/23 11:20Profile

The Babies of Babylon.

"If The Catholic Church is the Mother of Harlots whom is her offspring??" Proudpapa

Her cup is a cup of MIXTURE! Her offspring are of those who partake of the same drink.

"For in the hand of the LORD there is a cup, and the wine is red; it is full of mixture; and he poureth out of the same: but the dregs thereof, all the wicked of the earth shall wring them out, and drink them."..Psalm 75

" So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.

And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:

And upon her forehead was a name written, Mystery, Babylon The Great, The Mother Of Harlots And Abominations Of The Earth."..Revelation 17

The RCC has her roots in pure Satanism, and the worship of "THE HOST OF HEAVEN." This Host are the fallen angels; that became known as demons and devils. Before she settled in Archetype of the Roman, more symbolic order, she existed in more direct communion with Devils.

There were 1300 temples worshipping these wicked personalities in Rome alone, at the time of Paul the Apostle. There have always been Priests of Baal, and "Nuns" of different wicked order throughout time that tend to the order, and maintain and spread this worship unto mankind.

The clandestine brilliance of HOW the RCC pulled this off, is stunning; A direct Symbol of Worshipping God, and His Christ, while actually offering worship to the Devil and his brethren.

One infiltration would be the acceptance of Transcendental Meditation; CONTEMPLATIVE/MEDITATIVE inward gaze, as a true form of communion with God. It is not; it is satanic in nature, and of the church of the darkness; always has been.

It does however, lead you into awareness and "enlightened experience", as a counterfeit to authentic Holy Spirit manifestation, as the Catholic Mystics write about, and espouse. These are but carriers of that ancient satanic cult, established way back at Babel; and ensuing Babylon.

I would say that ALL of those in Christendom who teach these doctrines of prayer as holy, and the monastic "sacrificial" life that must accompany them as a deeper and more valued life, are of the Whore: Her children.

Does it mean that these movements and people involved are LOST? Not necessarily, but if followed continually, without repentance, probably. Why? Worshipping God in Spirit and in Truth is a requirement to Know Him and He rejects those who do not.

[ One idea of "WHO ARE THE OFFSPRING?"....More to follow....Great Question...."Any More ideas out there?"]

2012/8/24 9:24
roadsign

Re: The Babies of Babylon.

Quote:
Does it mean that these movements and people involved are LOST? Not necessarily, but if followed continually, without repentance, probably. Why? Worshipping God in Spirit and in Truth is a requirement to Know Him and He rejects those who do not.

This is true regardless of religious affiliation – theologically ideal or not. Of course, people are much more than a composite of their religious influences. They may in fact, be more shaped by their society than their church's formal beliefs.

Really denominational distinctions are paper-thin walls – human constructs that can dissolve in times of upheaval and testing. Recently I heard a documentary by a Catholic about the persecution in Romania under the communist regime. As we know, communists see religion as the enemy, and so they ensured that religious leaders - like priests and nuns were persecuted extra severely. While many of them died, there were many who survived and lived to tell their testimony. They confessed deep gratitude for their suffering – because that is how they learned to trust God deeply. They had nothing else! (and that means all the religous pariphanelia) They had come to experience God's wonderful assuring presence - and that was worth it all.

Can we not rejoice with these Catholics and embrace them as our brothers and sisters? Or can we only see them as “those others” – people separated from us by monstrous religious walls that are as rigid as the wall of Berlin was… while we’d rather cling to our suspicions about them all.

Considering that a rather high percentage of Americans claim to be born again, and that a shockingly low percentage of those in evangelical affiliations even read the bible or pray – we would do best by keeping silent when it comes to attacking the evils of the “other camp”. For our camp may not be much better in God’s eyes.

The propensity to drift from grace-and-faith living into law/ritual-and-fear living happens across all religious affiliations….. including web site communities! Right? mmmmm

Is our God's arm too short that he cannot reach certain groups at all? And who are we to designate the name "Bablyon" to any people group? It is surely not time yet to separate the wheat from the chaff!

Diane

2012/8/24 12:19Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Diane wrote:Can we not rejoice with these Catholics and embrace them as our brothers and sisters? Or can we only see them as “those others” – people separated from us by monstrous religious walls that are as rigid as the wall of Berlin was… while we’d rather cling to our suspicions about them all.

This has become such a difficult topic for me. Here is my trouble, my mother whom I love very much will talk of her devotion, and deep love for the LORD JESUS. She speaks of how HE is working in her life and how close her walk with HIM now is, she talks of repenting of her sins and then she picks up her rosary and spends two hours each day praying to Mary. She worships Mary with devotionals and prayers as well as lighting candles and praying to dead saints. She believes Mary was born free from sin and shared in the sacrifice of JESUS as co-Redeemer with JESUS CHRIST. These teachings are right out of the RCC catechism books. So where does that leave my mother?? IF those who practice faithfully the RCC tradition are brothers and sisters in CHRIST then how much of the Bible do we have to throw out to embrace that idea...

God bless
maryjane

2012/8/24 12:40Profile
roadsign

Re:

Quote:
So where does that leave my mother??

Your mother is uniquely your mother, and cannot be defined by those I spoke about, can she? The better question may be: “Mom, where would your faith be if you could no longer practise those things? Perhaps you may wish to tell her about the persecuted Catholics who were stripped from all their religious connections and learned to trust in Christ alone AND enjoy his presence in a dirty prison.

We may be repulsed by Mary-reliance, yet unable to see our own false trusts – like ourselves, our church habits, our ideals, our sense of right-ness, etc. Personally speaking, I did not see that in me till it was all stripped away from me through illness and crisis. It is amazing how many idols we can carry unconsciously – and don’t see it until the Lord reveals it through testings. As they say, humans are idol factories. Of course it’s always easier to see it on others – especially when it is an established outward tradition. Growing deeper in our trust of God is a life long journey – and if we think we have arrived, we likely don’t know ourselves.

Much is being said here on SI about great coming persecution.– but we must also recognize and value the testings that come to us in our daily walk. This too is a way that the false gets sifted from the truth within us. Trials – and the victories of faith have a way of defying religious boundaries. Is that not true?

Diane

2012/8/24 14:40Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy