SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Can a Child Molester Inherit the Kingdom of God?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
maxlaboy

Re:

God already granted repentance through The Cross of His Son, Jesus. But this man all he has to do is receive it by faith on what the Son did for all of us.

2012/5/27 13:22Profile

Re:

"all he has to do"

We don't know this for a fact. He may very well be "given over to reprobate". He may have been a reprobate while he was molesting these children. What if the whistle wasn't blown on him? Does anyone here know this man's soul?
Even the State is showing more wisdom -- because they keep these people on the "Sex Offenders List" for the rest of the person's life - because NO ONE KNOWS if these people will be "Repeat Offenders".

He has children of his own - and there are young people in his Church where he was "an elder", that know about this now and his wife - they ALL are affected by this now and his own children will bare the shame of their father probably for the rest of their lives - but there's more "sympathy" going out for this defiler than for all of these others.

I pray that they and 'he' knows the Word of GOD better than some here.

1Co 5:9-11 I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators [nonetheless child molesters]: yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world. But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.

Eph 5:5-7 For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.
Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience. Be not ye therefore partakers with them.

Gal 5:19-21 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which
I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past,
that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

I pray for his children and all the young people that knew this man. GOD Help, Guide and Heal Them.

2012/5/27 14:05

Re: Will a man cause offense or will forgiveness?

We all need understanding when speaking about something which is so harmful and which has harmed others. It may well be that some saints cannot realise how dark and wicked this subject is. To speak of the world as showing more wisdom in this is really to fail to see that the world doesn’t actually understand what produces such wickedness in the first place. Psychology is the best which the world has to offer, and its best effort is precisely that such men are kept on file for the rest of their lives.

I wouldn’t advice this, but in anyone were to read the theoretical perspectives presented by Psychology on this issue they would find that it is a claim to irresistibility which drives men to commit these crimes. In this, lies the reality of making excuses. There are no excuses. In the Scriptures there are no excuses. There are reasons. The things which have been spoken in this thread are all true in part because they have to do with a realisation that this man is both guilty and accountable for his own actions before men and God. Yet he may be forgiven in the end. This possibility of forgiveness may seem to one saint as “all he has to do” but to another, “who killed his” innocence?

It would be easy to share something of the dark reality of this crime from the position of the children, yet even that would not explain or shed light on how it was possible in the first place. Psychology is a blasphemy because it takes away the Lord’s sacrifice of Himself for sin. The Scriptures can’t speak as Psychology speaks for this reason alone. God is not restrained in His mercies because He sees the destruction which is wrought in the lives of children who have been abused. God sees both the instrument of destruction as well as the creature which is destroyed. Many saints know the reality of being abused. Sometimes because we are taught of the world we continue to see ourselves as victims. As children innocently assaulted we are victims. But here on SI we are none of that because we are all adults and saints regardless of what has happened to us in life we are in Christ; neither male or female. God Himself is the avenger of these children and all children, including what happened to ourselves when we were children. It would be perverse to make a claim to forgive another man for what he has dome against little children. But if God Himself grants repentance to that man, how will his victims respond when as adults they hear of it. Will they freely forgive recognising that Christ died for them also? Or will they be offended?

Speaking a balanced truth does not amount to keeping company with fornicators. To keep company with this man you would have to go to prison with him. This man may be reprobate, but only God Himself knows that. His actions certainly do exclude him from any inheritance in the Kingdom of God. But will we ourselves be offended if God grants him repentance? And he turns?

Andrew

2012/5/27 15:16
dkr777

Re:

There are a few facts I left out of this story, the 5 young girls were his daughters.

Also, his wife knew about this "secret" and the senior pastor knew as well and since he was 'repentant' they allowed him to be an elder of the church.

It was his oldest sons who turned him over to the police when the daughters confessed about this sin to their older brothers that occurred when they were under 12 yrs old...

-dkr777

2012/5/27 16:11Profile

Re:

dkr, you waited until page 3 to tell us this, after asking if he can be saved and letting us all go on and on with this 'not knowing'?

And they allowed him to remain "an elder"?

Have they not read the Biblical Qualifications for "elders"?

2012/5/27 16:42

Re: Why?

DKR777 why did you wait until now to reveal these facts. Your original post taken at face value should have been about the difficult question of whether a child molester could enter the kingdom of heaven. I can see why you asked the question the way you did given your disclosure that this man was said to have repented. Maybe you should have asked can a repentant child abuser enter the kingdom of heaven. I can also see why you asked about him becoming an elder or continuing as one. Seeing between the lines it would appear that this all happened 6-10 years ago or thereabouts. His daughters having now grown up. He having continued or having become an elder after the crimes were revealed to the senior pastor etc.

I am not taking a swipe at you. Please don't see that or believe it. I have been a little confused at the way you asked the questions. Now I understand why. Perhaps the answers would have necessarily been the same as far as the kingdom of heaven is concerned. Becoming or continuing as an elder that truly beggars belief.

Andrew

2012/5/27 17:03
hulsey

Missouri

Re:

dkr777

Would you mind telling us approximately how long ago this happened and perhaps what led the daughters or his son in this case to report him?

Is there evidence of any attempt at reconciliation in the past?

2012/5/27 17:22Profile

Re:

Quote:
Also, his wife knew about this "secret" and the senior pastor knew as well and since he was 'repentant' they allowed him to be an elder of the church.

It was his oldest sons who turned him over to the police when the daughters confessed about this sin to their older brothers that occurred when they were under 12 yrs old...

Okay let me get this straight. The sisters confessed to the brother what their Dad did to them before they were 12, but since then the Mother knew and the Pastor knew and the Dad has since repented, but the brother decided to turn his old man in anyway.

Some information is missing. Did Dad face his daughters and asked them to forgive him, or what? It seems that he did not, otherwise the brother would have known about it if they had a sit down during Dad's repentance. Usually repentance involves all injured parties. If he failed to do that, it was a fatal mistake.

2012/5/27 19:55

Re:

Well, my heart is going out to dkr in this. This has traumatized him and whomever went to that church with him, I'm sure and we can see that in his OP.

I'm sorry dkr that you were hit with this news, even though you had left that church, it's still a shock to anyone's system.

They should have asked him to step down from the elder position as soon as they were told yrs back.

Again, I'm sorry that you, yours and I'm sure, very many others as well have been so close to this whole issue. The LORD heal you and yours also. Only the truth from His Word straightens our own minds back out and only GOD knows if his repentence was sincere, but the Pastor and whomever decided to leave him in a leadership position were wrong.

The Balm of Gilead of our Precious LORD on you, yours and all involved.
GOD Bless you.

2012/5/27 21:52
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

In our church Alliance there was a church leader who molested a couple girls...the girls told on him and he went to the police and turned himself in.

The law took over and now he is under its restrictions as per a child molester.

The Alliance leadership stripped the man of any leadership responsibility for the present AND future.

This decision was not made by vote of the churches but by the overseers..

In the meantime there are those working to bring some kind of restoration, repentance but it does not include restoration to leadership.

I think the overseers were very wise...

2012/5/27 23:24Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy