SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : brutal truth or folly?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
DEADn

Lakeland FL

brutal truth or folly?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/brazil-rocked-by-abortion-for-9yearold-rape-victim-1640165.html

I saw this link in my twitter feed and read through it and was shocked. Then I asked myself, 'Truth is a hard pill to swallow and not everyone can do such a thing. When it is on paper it looks one way but in reality it takes on a different reality'. The reality is that the Catholic church is against abortion in all areas and yet in this case the doctors and mom are ex communicated but the rapist is not. Has truth been compromised here?

I think the common idea also is why does the Catholic church not do anything with the rapist unless of course many reside within the church itself as child molesters?

What are your thoughts?
Does this actions of the Catholic truth here glorify Jesus at all and if so how?

2012/5/24 11:50Profile
MaryJane

Re: brutal truth or folly?

What are your thoughts?
Does this actions of the Catholic truth here glorify Jesus at all and if so how?

Other wise it is a very heart breaking story and I think we need to really be praying all the more.

God bless
mj

2012/5/24 12:04Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Quote:

"and not true believers following CHRIST."

of course, the same can be said for the protestant church.

2012/5/24 13:49Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

It is too easy to get into a shouting match over denominational stuff. This is where organized religion comes into play and does humanity a major disservice. Kicking out the problems of the RCC and looking solely at the incident here what do you think should have happened?

Maybe the girl should have had the babies and given them up for adoption and then put the stepfather in jail yet if a 9 year old girl way too young to even give birth? If I girl is young enough to get pregnant is she young enough to give birth?

Do you think the more conservative a person is in relgious views the more likely this kind of thing is too happen?

2012/5/24 14:30Profile
MaryJane

Re:

by TMK on 2012/5/24 7:49:12

Quote:

"and not true believers following CHRIST."

of course, the same can be said for the protestant church.

Yes it can be said of protestant churches that are not following Biblical truth as well. However the RCC is historically a pagan religion based off of lies and false teachings that have deceived many into believing they are saved when they are not.

I do think we need to pray for those lost in the RCC that their eyes and hearts would be opened to see truth.

God bless
mj

2012/5/24 14:31Profile
MaryJane

Re:

(Edit)My husband said that my original response might be to blunt for some and I should have heeded his warning. I am sorry for being so blunt, I should have just responded with a simply no to your question in the opening post to the thread.

Deadn wrote:Does this actions of the Catholic truth here glorify Jesus at all and if so how?
________

My answer: No it does not.

God Bless
mj

2012/5/24 14:45Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

quote:

"Kicking out the problems of the RCC and looking solely at the incident here what do you think should have happened?"

I do not believe God is upset with the 9 year old girl, her parents or her doctors, under these circumstances. Nor should the RCC be.

The stepfather, however, should be wishing for the proverbial millstone. Mt. 18:6

2012/5/24 15:09Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

MaryJane wrote:

"Yes it can be said of protestant churches that are not following Biblical truth as well."

The point is that there are many who are not true believers following Christ even in churches following Bliblical truth. And there are true believers following Christ in the RCC (many??), despite the problems of the RCC (and I certainly agree they are numerous!).

2012/5/24 15:14Profile
MaryJane

Re:

by TMK on 2012/5/24 9:14:30

MaryJane wrote:

"Yes it can be said of protestant churches that are not following Biblical truth as well."

The point is that there are many who are not true believers following Christ even in churches following Bliblical truth. And there are true believers following Christ in the RCC (many??), despite the problems of the RCC (and I certainly agree they are numerous!).

As I edited my last post I should have been more thoughtful in how I answered, I do not want to get off track from the original posts topic so I will just leave this here.

God bless
mj

2012/5/24 15:29Profile

Re: Brutal Truth or Folly?

The Roman Catholic church is always ensnared by its own folly. It is the folly of hypocrisy; even the same hypocrisy which the pharisees in the Lord's day were ensnared by. Had the pharisees come to Jesus privately {as some did} they would not have put themselves in the place of blaspheming the Holy Spirit. They would not have rejected God's will for their lives. In private Jesus could have tested them and they could have been found wanting without the provocation of open pride.

Rome faces the same problem today. Its Cardinal's and bishop's always set a net for their own feet. Had the Cardinal in question gone on record with tears expressing his sadness and shock at what this child had to endure, both before and after becoming pregnant, he could have made a real case for the preservation of life and compassion and understanding for the terrible reality which this little girl had faced. Due to the legalistic position which Rome has placed herself in, claiming to be true keeper of the very truth of God, it cannot cry and it cannot show compassion. Rome's power lies in its hardness and lack of compassion for human suffering and understanding. Not that this is true of all those who take the name "Roman Catholic". But the Cardinal's and the bishop's they are caught by their own lie and can do no other.

Abortion was first legalised by the various governments of the world to establish a medical basis for the crime which is become 'social' abortion. This little girl was suffering from "pains in her stomach" who but a doctor could have determined whether she was capable of bearing twins without a cost to her own life. Had the Cardinal gone privately to Jesus instead of making what would have been for him a public stance with others in mind, he may have found the tears and compassion to have spoken according to the reality of a crime, and not to uphold a sacred truth for the sake of the authority of a man. His decision shows that he does not know how to shepherd the flock of God. Because of this Rome is making certain her destruction and will one day bear the hatred of the nations in a devouring effect.

Quote:
I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, so that you will not participate in her sins and receive of her plagues; for her sins have piled up as high as heaven, and God has remembered her iniquities. Pay her back even as she has paid, and give back to her double according to her deeds; in the cup which she has mixed, mix twice as much for her. To the degree that she glorified herself and lived sensuously, to the same degree give her torment and mourning; for she says in her heart, I sit as A queen and I am not A widow, and will never see mourning. For this reason in one day her plagues will come, pestilence and mourning and famine, and she will be burned up with fire; for the Lord God who judges her is strong. Revelation 18:4-8.

Andrew

Edited for spelling

2012/5/25 14:12

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy