SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : New Personal Blog (moderator Greg Gordon) Thoughts Along The Pilgrim Way

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 New Personal Blog (moderator Greg Gordon) Thoughts Along The Pilgrim Way

Saints,

This project has been a long time in consideration, prayer and thought. And finally there has been a release to get the site out and in public. I have had many encouragements from saints including my precious wife to continue writing and building that gift. One of the ways to do this will be writing for this blog. Feel free to bookmark it and refer to it as you feel led. I will be posting a few of the blog entries on sermonindex.net time to time. You are also welcome to contribute blog comments also.

"Thoughts Along The Pilgrim Way | The Blog of Greg Gordon"
http://www.greggordon.net

here is a piece I wrote about the blog and some of its purpose and intent:

Dear Reader, With millions of bloggers or “to be” bloggers in the internet why another blog? This was the one of the questions I asked myself when registering the domain and setting up this blog template. One of the driving forces that gave me continued patience and desire to invest the time and energy necessary was the glaring need in the Christian Blogosphere for a blog that pointed people to an eternal mindset.

There seems to be an epidemic of blogs that point the finger at others in the body of Christ but rarely have I seen blogs that truly keep Christ as the focal point and point Christians on this weary sojourn in earth to our eternal home and the reward there. One of the driving verses that speaks to me of this truth is a passage I memorized as a young Christian and have continued to reference it back to myself in my walk with the Lord over the last 15 years:

“Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory.” (Colossians 3:1-3 NIV).

This setting of our “hearts on things above” is not only a continual challenge for followers of Jesus Christ in our day but it is one of the chief desires of the enemy of our souls to distract us from what truly matters.

Here are some of the ways I plan to as I am led of by God contribute to this blog:

1. Daily Quotes focusing primarily on the theme of the blog.

2. Articles on themes of eternity, heavenly thinking, death to self, the pilgrim walk, catering intimacy with Jesus Christ, and being led of the Spirit.

3. One major focus is to also interview godly men (in audio format and also transcriptions being provided) for practical insights into the Christian walk.

4. God willing the release of ebooks and potential books in the near future.

May Jesus Christ be glorified in all that is said on this blog and may all these posts simply be signposts pointing to the way and the One above.

Father In heaven this website is yours.
May you see fit to use it for your glory.
May the entire way of our lives be changed as
we look to your Son Jesus and set our hearts on pilgrimage.
Even the weakest of us let us follow in the train
of those precious saints in hebrews 11.
Do the impossible in us for your glory. Amen.

2012/5/22 1:22Profile
ArtB

New York

Re: New Personal Blog (moderator Greg Gordon) Thoughts Along The Pilgrim Way

Greg Gordon,

May God bless you and your blog, and use you to lead some to Christ and others to maturity in their relationship with Jesus.

From what I know of you, I believe you are one whom the Holy Spirit can effectually use you to feed others through such a ministry.

My Best wishes and God blessings upon you and the Blog, as well as those whom the Spirit leads there and partake in your blog.

Sincerely,

ArtB

2012/5/29 18:14Profile
Blayne

Re: New Personal Blog (moderator Greg Gordon) Thoughts Along The Pilgrim Way

Hi! Greg
I wish to invite you to FREELY use the JLC Multimedia Server (Streaming Audio/Video) to host your Blog Media Content. Also, you might also want to consider having your own independent Radio/TV Station to be available on your Blog. It would be very easy to set up and only needs you to insert the Links as normal. (There is of course no Logo branding other than your own; the Multimedia Server is completely anonymous to your own Blog).
Perhaps, I should also mention that I'm a commercial WebSite Designer and that I habitually make every effort to also volunteer professional services for Christian needs at absolutely no cost whatsoever.

2012/5/29 19:28Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Brother,

Thank you for your offer and encouragements. At this point we are using wordpress and our own hosting and also able to host our own media. I would be open to your ideas of what an independent radio station looks like and what is the website for your JLC multimedia server.

We are looking to possibly podcast our show at this point.

2012/5/29 20:23Profile
Blayne

Re:

Hi!
Ooops! Sometimes my OLD-Zymers kicks in and konphuses me a bit. That's my only excuse for not recognizing that my offer was given to the SYSOP of this Board. (Not that it changes anything about the original offer). :)
I guess I could bore you to death with the details of how a Live Streaming Radio and/or TV Station functions, but I'll spare you that grief.
Simply put:
You can choose Live streaming or Offset Streaming of previously recorded media. Live streaming is a bit more sophisticated and is normally used for simultaneous broadcast in real time to many connections. The Offset Streaming is very similar to the 'norm' ... DownLoading and the media playing after a percentage delay. Of course, the big benefit is that the Multimedia Server streams media to the Cache in manageable bits without any need to delay the display in a Browser.
Yes, PodCasts are easy to implement through a Multimedia Server. These would be 'Offset' streaming.
However, you would need to Upload/FTP the media to the Server here beforehand and create the Publishing Point (URL) to distribute on your Blog.
Normally we prefer to do the retrieving and uploading of the Media ourselves and thereby bypass potential security risks to our Server. After we publish the media to our Server, we return the Publishing Point (URL) to the SYSOP ... yourself to be subsequently placed on your Site. This can be accomplished in minutes.
Since we are running Windows Media Server, you could choose to read more about the Software at: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsserver/dd448620

2012/5/29 21:06Profile
Blayne

Re:

JLC has just now sent an E-Mail thru your 'Contact Us' and is related to the Multimedia Server services.

2012/5/29 21:31Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy