SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : John MacArthur on Divorce: We Can't Edit God

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 John MacArthur on Divorce: We Can't Edit God

Pastors should not be afraid of offending their followers with the message that God hates divorce despite churches having congregations that often reflect the same alarming rate of divorce as the general population, said theologian and pastor John MacArthur.

"We have one responsibility as pastors and that is to teach the word of God. We don't have an alternative. We can't edit God. That's the wrong thing to do," said MacArthur during a recent broadcast on Focus on the Family Daily.
"We have been called into this ministry for the purpose of disseminating to our generation the truth of the word of God. We have no other message. I have no other message than what God has put in the word," he added while discussing the subject with FOTF President Jim Daly.

read more: http://www.christianpost.com/news/john-macarthur-on-divorce-we-cant-edit-god-75083/

2012/5/18 19:54Profile

Re: John MacArthur on Divorce: We Can't Edit God

true enough; would like to say I have known both Pastors and Deacons who were divorced and remarried and they justify themselves by saying they were divorced before they were saved. Not sure where they get that Scripture because I dont find it in my Bible.

2012/5/30 20:44

Re:

this was very good, John Macarthur is no compromised when coming to the word of God, whether or not you agree with him all the time or not, John stands on the word more than almost anyone i have seen. It is a blessing their our men like this.

2012/5/30 23:23
Dlight

Re: John MacArthur on Divorce: We Can't Edit God

John MacArthur is a breath of fresh air in this "evangelical" world in which we live. As far as I can discern, he defends the truth without compromise. God bless him!

2012/5/31 1:16Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy