SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Spellings and Grammar

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Ah JiG, your always a breath of fresh air, always looking for any opportunity to criticize one's intentions.

If you read my first post you'll see that I completely understood the person who might not be able to spell properly, or throw words together like a professional writer could. In fact, there is a brother on here that I particularly like to read though his writing skills are terrible, but I like his spirit and genuineness. As for having nothing to do but start these threads, I had this thread in mind months ago just never got around to doing it.

Can you please do something for me Sister, can you stop judging others until you've at least walked one mile in their shoes. For I know many people that can't talk right, can't spell, but they have a terrific faith, a wonderful aura about them that I most admire. I myself can't talk right, I type because the flow from my brain to my hands work better than if I were to speak.

The purpose of this thread was a simple asking, if at all possible to look at one's post before submitting, that is it, nothing more.

Thank you Sis.

2012/5/18 23:10

Re:

Your reply is over-kill to what I posted, but I shouldn't have expected anything else. I read much more than I type, on a few forums and I pick up on intentions in signatures as well, Approved.
Again, this reply of yours to my post is over-the-top and your OP says what it says, so I stand by my reply.
Also, I'd rather you didn't address me as "Sis" or "Sister".

2012/5/18 23:39
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

You have got to be kidding me, as if we don't argue and debate over enough here, now we get called out for our grammar and spelling, only on a Christian forum. Like my old Pastor from the 50's and 60's use to tell our congregation, you have never been beat up, until you have been beat up by a Christian, guess it still stands for today. :)
Thank you your Holiness, I will personally work on mine, and try to be better at my grammar and spelling. Lol

2012/5/19 0:02Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

Hvae you ntocied taht it dneost mtater waht oderr the leettrs in a word are wertetn. The snetnece is sitll radebale. :-)

Coming from extreme southwest Missouri we have a "hillbilly" stereotype. It is expected, I think by some, that we would not be able to use good grammar or spell correctly.

My problem is that my fingers seem to hit two buttons at once when I type quickly. The curse of big hands and small laptop keyboards.

2012/5/19 9:20Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Spellings and Grammar

Subtleties never work in a public arena because the one you were speaking of will probably never consider that you were talking about them BUT!! The one who hardly ever posts now will never post again (thank you very much), because they will just know that you ARE talking about them.

If you can't love people past their typing imperfections, how can you say you really love them?

2012/5/19 9:37Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

LOL

Now if one could only get the grammar police to allow the spelling of Mississippi to be spelled like it is pronounced by the natives here it sure would ease the fingers in the typing. Hey, we pronounce it "Missippi". :-) Opps, I forgot, the state and federal employees comply to the dictionary rules.

Now, there are the words "there", "their" and "they're" in case people are not aware ....

Have a good day, y'all!

EDIT:
The way we pronounce Mississippi is "mis-sip-i", not "Miss-i-sip-pi". :-)

2012/5/19 10:00Profile

Re:

I remember a brother who lives in South London, England and I wished that I kept the email because it was not legible. I had to ask another brother from the same country to decipher it. It was English but bad English. It was worse than the quote below.

Quote:
Hvae you ntocied taht it dneost mtater waht oderr the leettrs in a word are wertetn. The snetnece is sitll radebale. :-)

A brthoer tlod me taht if you keep the fsirt and lsat lteetrs of a wrod and samrclbe ervyetinhg esle it can be udnoorsootd.

I enjoy reading these.

Quote:
My problem is that my fingers seem to hit two buttons at once when I type quickly. The curse of big hands and small laptop keyboards.

We probably have the same 10" wide computer. My fingers are fat too and I had to come to sit up straight with the computer up near the edge of the table in order for me to type with fewer mistakes. It's good for posture too. This hasn't always been the case of course, when I am on vacation and laying down in the motel room I will type sideways can you imagine, having no sense to sit up and do it.

I am enjoying most of the posts here, thanks for sharing.

2012/5/19 10:42

Re:

As far as internet grammar goes, the only thing worse than appearing to be illiterate, is pretending that you aren't.

Write to be understood, and so it at least appears that you understand what you are writing. Don't write either below OR above your own head. Pretend your posts are teaching a grade 2 student how to write and spell, do not pretend that you have a Phd in English, or at least if you do, write with the understanding that most of us do not.

OJ

2012/5/19 11:50
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Later tonight, I am going to make a Ribeye steak on the grill. I'm thinking about making a dish along with the steak that I have never made before, stuffed mushrooms! I was not sure what to use as the stuffing, so I picked up some onion and chive cream cheese... Does this work?

Suggestions on what to use for the stuffing is well appreciated. Thanks!

2012/5/19 12:05Profile

Re:

Definitely, Progresso 'Garlic and Herb' bread crumbs.
Now I'm hungry.

2012/5/19 12:35

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy