SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Does He know you.....do you know Him?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Does He know you.....do you know Him?

Luk 13:22 And he went through the cities and villages, teaching, and journeying toward Jerusalem.

Luk 13:23 Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them,

Luk 13:24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

Luk 13:25 When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:

Luk 13:26 Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets.

Luk 13:27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all [ye] workers of iniquity.

Luk 13:28 There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you [yourselves] thrust out.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Such a sobering passage of scripture, one we must not overlook. It does not take a theologin to understand the depth of it's meaning. I especially want to direct your attention to vs. 26.

""Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets. ""

Such a limp excuse. Saints, our excuses might work between us and the brethren, but they won't hold up in the presence of God. What these people above have stated is actually their own incrimination. They ate and drank with Him. Friend, you have to be pretty close to Jesus to eat and drink with Him. There are millions upon millions who attend church everytime the doors open.

They said that "He taught in their streets". Weren't they listening? Or were they just hanging around hoping for handouts or supernatural entertainment. If they were that close to Jesus, and listened to His word being preached, the question obvious has to be "why weren't you changed"? How is it that God was in your midst and you did not abandon your sinful ways, and run to Him for life?

Going to church does not validate your christianity. Listening to good messages won't do it. Watching so called "christian t-v" wont' cut no ice with God. Attending conferences won't do it.

There is so much confusion among believers today. Why? Because preachers everywhere are trying to find scriptures taken out of context that will appease the desire in carnal man to have a relationship with God by works and have all that the world offers as well. We all know that Jesus said we cannot serve two masters. We are without excuse.

Many live their life trying to avoid "wrong doing". Beloved, it's not about avoiding evil. It's all about pursuing God. He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. What is diligent pursuit?

Well, I remember when I met my wife. The rest of the world seemed to not matter. My head was in a spin with love for her. She was all I thought about. I wanted to speak to her at ever opportunity, and be with her every moment I possibly could. It didn't matter how inconvenient it was, anything was worth the sacrafice, just to be with her.

Read the Song of Solomon. There is no better description of the love of Jesus toward us. He pursues us in and by the power of the Holy Spirit. How do we respond to His wooing? Do we notice? Do we run to Him? Or are we running after other loves?

But Lahry, you don't know how busy I am. Saints, we are not saved by busy, we are saved by grace through faith. You say you love Jesus, why do you line the pockets of t-v producers and movie people? Why is it that you have time to read the newspaper, but not God's Word. See, truth is that we always have time to do what "we want to do". It's a fact of life. If God is not the centerpeice of your life, occupying your thoughts, desires, filling every available moment, where is your proof of your passionate love that you "say" you have.

Others came to Jesus and said (note 'said'. It doesn't say they did, they just said they did) "Lord, we cast out demons and prophecied in Your Name". What was His reply? "Depart from me you doers of iniquity, I never knew you."

Why? While He was wooing us, we were whoring after other loves. Too many things were a higher priority than spending time with God. Do you think my wife would be convinced of my undying love if I only called her now and then, saw her once a month? Not likely. What is the evidence of a love affair? Come on somebody, you know very well what it's like. Is that what your relationship with Jesus Christ is like. I pray that it is. If it is not, maybe you should give this message some thought. "Depart from me" is not a phrase we want to ever hear. Will He know you? Does He know you now? Do you know Him. Do you pursue Him just as He is?

Saints, the hour is late and grave. The world has never been more volitile. Life in this country as we know it may not last another day. The American Dream will go up in smoke. Will that matter to you? Or will you be like Lot's wife, and look back sadly longing for the life of sin and shame?

The Bible says, that when you hear His voice, harden not your hearts. It's time to get serious about what our walk with Christ should be, what the bible says it should be. Forsake all. Run to the cross and die with Him, that we might rise with Him, and enter into the most wonderful love affair beyond imagination. See, the more you know about Him, the more you will love HIm. You won't learn about Him on HBO or MTV. He is not exalted on the front page of USA TODAY. He does not play for the NFL. He never won the U.S. Open golf tournament.
He waits in the secret place, to be alone with His bride. Oh beloved, when you are in love, you can't hardly wait to be alone with each other. When the marriage is counsumated, and ultimate intimacy is achieved, it not only brings forth deeply satisfying pleasure, but it also brings forth life. Intimacy with Jesus brings forth life, everlasting life, in this life and the next. People will look at you and think "that guy's head must be in the clouds". Think about Stephen about to be stoned....he was looking beyond the horrible circumstances of the moment, into the eyes of His first and only love, Jesus Christ. Do you love Him? Do I? In light of the consequences, it is a very sobering question. We had better have that question settled now, for no one has a promise on tommorrow. SUDDENLY He will come. Will you be ready? I pray that you will. Will I? Oh my God, I give you all I am. Save me and fill me with your wonderous love for You and Your Son Jesus. Deliver me from myself, consume me with your will. Fire me to holiness. Cleave thy purity in my soul. Wash me and I shall be white as snow. Take me into and intimate and divine love affair with you, oh precious Savior. I must not miss what You have for me oh God. I need you so very desperately. I want you in this life. I want Your life abounding in me. Flood me with more of You. Oh God I'm so thirsty for more of You. Consume me. Speak to me. Let me hear thy voice. Give me strenght to obey, in Jesus' most Holy Name I pray.

2005/2/7 21:21
rookie

Re: Does He know you.....do you know Him?

Brother Lahry wrote:

Quote:
When the marriage is counsumated, and ultimate intimacy is achieved, it not only brings forth deeply satisfying pleasure, but it also brings forth life. Intimacy with Jesus brings forth life, everlasting life, in this life and the next.

"The Life," gives us salvation. "The Life," gives us the "testimony of Jesus." Our hearts grow together as one. His love becomes our joy. The joy of the Lord is my strength. His strength overcomes the world.

Keep preachin!
In Christ
Jeff

2005/2/8 15:33Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy