SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Developer plans 200-foot-tall cross in Missouri

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Trekker

northern USA

Developer plans 200-foot-tall cross in Missouri

Oh my, ya'll wanna to read this awesome article from today's FoxNews:

Developer plans 200-foot-tall cross in Missouri
Published May 11, 2012
FoxNews.com

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/05/11/developer-plans-200-foot-tall-cross-in-missouri/

2012/5/11 18:49Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Developer plans 200-foot-tall cross in Missouri

Quote:
LOL....Take That ACLU!!

Dear brother,

I have edited your title for your post to the title of the news item. I know you were doing it in "PUN" but I don't think as Christians we should have that type of attitude even towards ungodly organizations such as the ACLU. May God give us grace to pray for them and be a witness to them were they will no be able to say anything evil against us.

But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, 16 keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander. (1 Peter 3:15-16)

2012/5/11 22:47Profile
Trekker

northern USA

Re:

I only meant it in humor, that is why i put LOL, in front of it. The humorous side almost had me rolling on the floor and that was where i was coming from. It is sad that neither cops nor Christians have or understand humor. I just thought it was hilariously funny, given the fact that the ACLU has waged war on Christianity and crosses everywhere to the point of obsessiveness. No hard feelings toward your editing though; I can kinda understand what you are sayin... Now please just scream with laughter, ROFL. I mean, come on! It's a 200 FOOT GIANT CROSS TOWERING OVER THE CITY. ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2012/5/12 2:42Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

There is a similar cross along an east-west interstate road in Texas. Since it is located in a flat area, it can be seen for miles. Nearby is a collection of man-sized statuary depicting some man's idea of Bible characters from the life of Jesus. It is interesting if you do not mind that it is Catholic in inspiration.

2012/5/12 4:13Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy