SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : "how does this effect your life's

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MaryJane

"how does this effect your life's

"Many 'pastors' criticize me for taking the Gospel so seriously. But do they really think that on Judgment Day, Christ will chastise me, saying, ‘Leonard, you took Me too seriously’?"
~ Leonard Ravenhill

"If Jesus had 'preached' the same message that 'ministers' 'preach' today, He would never have been crucified!"
~ Leonard Ravenhill

These quotes were shared with me and the question posed with them, "how does this effect your life's testimony?

Wow when I think these comments over and weighing them on my heart it just really makes me stop and think about my walk with JESUS. Does my life truly reflect that of someone who "lives" daily for King JESUS, do those around me, who know me think I take HIM to seriously, does the world hate me? I already know the answer, far to often the answer would be no, I am soft, filled with compromise, and willing at times to tickle ears and give comfort to self. These truly are very convicting quotes, that give one reason to pause and consider...

"My LORD JESUS, I pray in this late hour please help me to stand always, moment by moment of each day seeking YOUR Kingdom, to lay down my life for others and to take up my cross daily following YOU. Help me LORD so that when another views my life they will only see YOU!!
Amen

God bless
maryjane

2012/5/11 8:48Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re: "how does this effect your life's

I think too many times we are hard on ourselves. Think about it, should it be surprising if many christian suffer depression because 'I AM NOT GOOD ENOUGH' 'I FAIL SO MISERABLY'. To constantly have his on your shoulders eats away at moving forward in the Spirit. We have to have a healthy does of this and not go so overboard that it holds us captive in fear which is what happens to many people. I believe a healthy does of this reality is to know you are imperfect and when that weakness comes forward you recognize it and repent to your fellow human if you did them wrong. They you take it to prayer and ask God for help in order to deal with it.

When I have those checks in my heart I will usually obey them if I recognize they have a moral objective of some kind. If I don't obey them I will take it to meditation at some point and ask myself and God why this happened and why I decided what I decided. In this way I have my heart exposed and I become intimate with my own self and in the process become a mature individual. I believe God gives you a power through it as well.

2012/5/11 9:01Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Greeting DEADn

you wrote:I think too many times we are hard on ourselves. Think about it, should it be surprising if many christian suffer depression because 'I AM NOT GOOD ENOUGH' 'I FAIL SO MISERABLY'. To constantly have his on your shoulders eats away at moving forward in the Spirit.

Interesting what you shared here. I will admit in my limited circle this has not been the case. I can honestly tell you that I do not know one single confessing christian who is ever to hard on themselves.(but as I said my circle is limited :)

On a personal level for me, I am just the opposite, its quotes like these that challenge me, they do not cause depression. They actually point me toward JESUS and then yes I see that I am not good enough(cause I'm not, no one is) and I see that I do in my own strength fail all the time and very miserably but that is ok because it draws me closer to the LORD to depend on HIM all the more. HE is so good and faithful to show me these things about myself so that we have no stumbling blocks between us.

you wrote:When I have those checks in my heart I will usually obey them if I recognize they have a moral objective of some kind. If I don't obey them I will take it to meditation at some point and ask myself and God why this happened and why I decided what I decided. In this way I have my heart exposed and I become intimate with my own self and in the process become a mature individual. I believe God gives you a power through it as well.

Thanks so much for sharing what the LORD put on your heart.

God bless
maryjane

2012/5/11 9:40Profile
brothagary

Re:

good post maryjane
let the spirit cause strong conviction of our inperfections let him cause a godly sorrow for those things that you mentioned ,it eventualy leds to a deeper repentance and broken spirt or poor spirit ,,brings us to desperation and brings hating our sinfullness ,,i want more of that ,,it was this that led me to resists the devils temptation ,regarding cigerets

i might even called it spirtual depresion reaching our lowest ebb allways brings a new tide of grace ,oh god take me lower into the depthes of a poor spirit take me into the vallies of weeping over my remaing sin ,and break my spirit in cunvolsions of trembleing pain with veament crys and tears , so that waves of the fresh tides of your graceious joy might flood the vallies of my heart and fill me with a season of peace that passes all understanding ,,

pray that for me brothers and sisters ,pray that for all of us ,,, blessings

2012/5/12 8:01Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy