SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Obama declares support for gay "marriage."

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Govenor Romney announced today on Fox news that he is fine with gay adoption. I think hezweling's statement from another thread stands, " flee babylon." ........ bro Frank

2012/5/10 17:51

Re:

I agree krispy

I would add that this is a continual disregard for the "laws of nature and of Natures God".

This is also a continual disregard for the "rule of law that a republic functions under."

Vote out all "career" politicians.
Contunue to send the message by voting that if you do not represent the people you will be gone!

However, this is the "effect" of the "cause" that has been in place for decades.

PASTORS and CHRISTIANS ,Myself first and foremost, who have not been humble and holy in obeying the Lord and continuing to make true disciples of each generation here in America.

Pastor Rick Scarborough said, "America has a pastor problem." I agree and the church and it's "pastors" need to get low fast and repent and do the first works when we were first born again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lastly America has seen very sinfull times in her past. Great Awakenings have been the cure then and will be the cure now!!!!!

2012/5/10 17:56
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Quote:

Govenor Romney announced today on Fox news that he is fine with gay adoption.

What he said was, "I happen to believe that the best setting for raising a child is where this is the opportunity to a mom and a dad to be in the home. There are many circumstances where that is not possible. Through death. Divorce. I know that gay couples are able to adopt children. That is fine. But my preference is we encourage the marriage of a man and a woman and we continue to define marriage as a relationship between a man and a woman.”

Furthermore, he reiterated something that he has stated several times in the past...that states should be able to make up their laws about "gay adoption" and restrict or outlaw them as the state sees fit.

So, it would be just as incorrect to imply that he is somehow embracing the idea of gay adoption as it would be to imply that he embraces the idea of gay marriage. At least in word, Romney opposes both...particularly on a federal level. And, of course, there is a big contrast between what he said and what the President said.

However, the point of the article is to demonstrate how society has fallen to the point of creating their own set or morals and justice and rejecting the truth about what is right and wrong. It is the "redefining" of this that is disturbing...and an indication of the times (Isaiah 5:20).

2012/5/10 18:11Profile

Re:

http://video.foxnews.com/v/1632705999001/gov-romney-marriage-issue-isnt-about-fundraising

If you go to the 4 minute mark, or better still, watch the whole interview, I think you will see that there would be no period where Chris put it and he says that gay adoption is fine. Regardless, my advice is to flee Babylon, for things are moving along swiftly, press into the heart of God, stay close to His heart for this gay marriage is simply one more issue on the road to Jesus' return..........bro Frank

2012/5/10 18:47

Re:

2Co 6:11 ¶ O ye Corinthians, (AMERICANS)our mouth is open unto you, our heart is enlarged.

12 Ye are not straitened in us, but ye are straitened in your own bowels.

13 Now for a recompence in the same, (I speak as unto my children,) be ye also enlarged.

14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,

18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.
(KJV)

2012/5/10 19:04
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Quote:

If you go to the 4 minute mark, or better still, watch the whole interview, I think you will see that there would be no period where Chris put it and he says that gay adoption is fine.

I'm not sure what you mean. He said what I quoted above (although I got the quote from an Associated Press article that included the audio). I think that he is making it pretty clear that he doesn't support homosexual "marriage" and that he was saying that he believes that it is more important to have a mother and a father in the home. He also stated that he thinks that the people of the states should have the ability to make laws about it.

Quote:

Regardless, my advice is to flee Babylon, for things are moving along swiftly, press into the heart of God, stay close to His heart for this gay marriage is simply one more issue on the road to Jesus' return.

I agree. At the same time, I think that it is important to note that those of us who are walking with God wholeheartedly have already "fled" Babylon.

The best way to "flee" Babylon is not to point out issues with a secular government or apparent flaws in a candidate. It is to point others to run to the Lord while journeying to Him ourselves. Amen?

2012/5/10 19:33Profile

Re:

Yes, amen,except for the "pointing out secular Government part."

We are to be prophetic to the representatives of "we the people." Also the Kansas Constitution states that representative are to periodacly return, report to us and then we are to "instruct" them on what to do.

This is part of a representative republic that we are by law bound to.

Article 4 sect 4 of the Constitution states that the US Government will provide a republican form of Government.
This was written before there was a "republican" party.

This is the Law of the land.

However as George Washington and other founders and preachers from yesteryear proclaimed that this Republic could only stand if THE PEOPLE are a religious and Moral people.

Also we live in a country that God established, yes GOD established, to be by the people and for the people.

Why are we sitting back and allowing liberty to die when we have foriegn christians coming here and proclaiming to us to stand in the Gap!?

So there was a time when I would say "secular Governement leave it be."

But the cost has been to high for good christian men to sit back and do nothing. GO and proclaim liberty to the captives wherever you are. You work home town wherever.

Then vote the career politicians out and keep them more accountable. Put the power back in the congress as well.
We have bought into the lie that the executive branch has more power than the legislative branch.

2012/5/10 19:54

Re:

"But the cost has been to high for good christian men to sit back and do nothing."

Maybe some Christian are were actually obeying the commands of Jesus instead of playing politics in a country that some pretend is the new isreal?

"We have bought into the lie that the executive branch has more power than the legislative branch."

And others have bought into the lie that america is a christian nation.

In Christ -Jim

2012/5/10 20:09

Re:

Jim i'm sure you are sincere in what you currently believe.

I have been on all sides of the fence on this...for what it's worth to you.

This will be my last post on this thread topic.

I would recommend to you David Bartons book" Original Intent", the Courts,the Constitution,& Religion

this book cites original source documents on this issue.

Also, "America God and Country encyclopedia"
by Bill Federer

Lastly God raises up Nations with the intent to glorify Him. This is plain in scripture. He sets the bounds and habitations. He decides how to cast them down depending on His just judgment. He calls all nations to belive on Him and obey Him as the Creator and Governor of the universe.
An honest look at scripture as well as history shows this to be true for all nations, not just America.

Now honest look at the history in the two previous books I mentioned as well as other good books that are out there shows that America was founded with the intent to glorify God! this is plainly written in The Mayflower Compact. It is shown in the Declaration of Independence. it is also shown in the founding fathers extensive writings.

So i hope you will at least give me and other Christians liberty to belive this. insteading of telling us that we have bought into a lie.

Also I hope you will take the time to check into this material. if you cannot afford it then go to the authors websites and you can see original source documentation on America christian history.

God bless.

2012/5/10 20:26

Re:

"So i hope you will at least give me and other Christians liberty to belive this."

It was you who said "But the cost has been to high for good christian men to sit back and do nothing." and so implied those who disagree did "nothing" (nothing being your idea of nothing - not scriptures). I hope you will give Christians the liberty to pray, give their lives to preach the gospel, and avoid the moral theraputic diesm that is conservative christianity in america. I have no problem with a believer voting their conscience from a pure heart, even if I think their reasoning is misguided.

I sincerely do not intend to sound contentious, but Jesus saved me from right wing christianity and I have no desire to go back.

In Christ -Jim

2012/5/10 21:18

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy