SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Are the "Gifts of Healings" for today??

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 )
PosterThread
Trekker

northern USA

Re:

QUOTE: "Have you ever received comfort straight from scripture?"==DRHUMM

No sir, i can't much say that i have, except in the most minimal way. For example, one time when i read the verse where Jesus says to Mary in the garden, "Woman, why are you weeping?" that gave me some small comfort but not for what i have been facing the past decade.

QUOTE: "I do not take this lightly and you will be in my prayers from now on. You strike me as someone with a sense of humor. I like that."==DRHUMM

Thank you dear, kind brother. That makes me smile. I very much appreciate the prayers. And yes, you perceive correctly, i am a person with a sense of humor, normally....; )

2012/6/13 2:23Profile
drhumm

Re:

When I was first learning to hear from the Spirit I would ask the lord to lead me to scripture that would help me understand my circumstance or help me with negative emotion. It sounds like you have had a rough decade and I am sorry for that. Without support it is hard to keep plugging along, and I am praying for an undergirding for you. I find it interesting the scripture that brought you some comfort. Mary cried because she thought she had lost Jesus and He could not help her anymore. I think this scripture is telling you that the Lord cares for you and is concerned about your heartache. Makes me wonder what else He wants to say.

2012/6/13 2:48Profile
Trekker

northern USA

Re:

QUOTE: "I find it interesting the scripture that brought you some comfort. Mary cried because she thought she had lost Jesus and He could not help her anymore. I think this scripture is telling you that the Lord cares for you..."==DRHUMM

To me the scripture was saying to her that she had no reason to weep, even though she thought she did; she thought she had lost all but she had not lost anything and had gained salvation. But this verse does not apply to my current trauma/situation AT ALL, although it was mildly helpful in other situations. As for "a rough decade", truly, truly i wish that i had not ever been born; it had been better if no one in my family had ever been born.

2012/6/13 6:55Profile
drhumm

Re:

I am sorry it has been so difficult for you. I am praying for you. I appreciate your prayers for me.

2012/6/14 1:37Profile
Trekker

northern USA

Re:

Ok, thank you, and yes i will pray.

2012/6/14 4:35Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy