SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Abused Girl's Parents Get the Message

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
learjet

Abused Girl's Parents Get the Message

** Disclaimer: This is not about the ministry that Tom White was affiliated with. I've read the letter from VOM and my heart goes out for them, they have the job of doing damage control for something that I know that they new nothing about **

I found something that gives me great hope in the body, sometimes I forget about Romans 8:28.

This pastor wrote an open letter to the victim in this case, here's a quote from the article:

Quote:
"The first person I thought about when I read the story of your abuser’s death was you. I do not view his death as something more tragic than his abuse of you. Let me say that again in a different way. The abuse perpetrated on you is far more tragic than your abuser’s death. I did not think of his ministry, his reputation, or even his family when I first heard of his death. I thought about you. Your abuser’s sin and shame and his lack of personal responsibility and courage are the direct causes of his death. Your abuser took his own life and you had nothing to do with it."

Imagine the shock when his secretary calls him and tells him "I have a man on the phone who claims to be the father of the young girl abused by Tom White and he wishes to speak to you."

He spoke with the man for an hour and a half on the phone, you can read the article here:

http://blogs.christianpost.com/guest-views/tom-white-abuse-vom-and-the-power-of-the-internet-9776/

Many of you have asked about the victim in this case and I wanted to pass along some good news to you. Your prayers for the victims have been heard and the Lord in His graciousness is answering.

2012/5/8 22:43Profile
Trekker

northern USA

Re: Abused Girl's Parents Get the Message

Wow. How amazing.

2012/5/9 1:06Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy