SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Power in Action: Holy Spirit Stops Robbery

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
learjet

Power in Action: Holy Spirit Stops Robbery

I have been trying for a few months to find a link to this video after I saw it on TV to post it here.

The woman runs a jewelry store in Texas and was being robbed, she tells the devil to get out of her store with this:

"I bind you in the name of Jesus Christ, now get out"

Amazing thing to watch! The clip is about 2 minutes long:

http://gnli.christianpost.com/video/a-cashier-uses-the-power-of-god-to-stop-an-armed-robber-4050

Blessings :-)

2012/5/8 19:13Profile
Trekker

northern USA

Re: Power in Action: Holy Spirit Stops Robbery

She actually never said the name Jesus Christ, she only said, "in the name of Jesus" which could be anyone's "jesus", Catholic, Mormon, JW, whatever. And she also used "the Holy Spirit". Not sure what to make of it. I do know that liars are thieves and all thieves are liars...and habitual liars are cowards so....maybe he was just a coward to begin with.
Maybe the gun wasn't really loaded. Or maybe it really was the power of God. Took him long enough to leave though. Thanks for sharing. : )

2012/5/9 1:20Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, i am amused by trekker's post. i can imagine a catholic or mormon looking at at a gun and saying "in the name of Jesus ,get out out of my store " i could tell you who her pastor was if i was there for two weeks in that city.that is language that id full of belief in the power of the Holy Spirit and very charismatic. i remember hearing john osteen talk about his dog kiier running a cat to his front door hole every time he walked him until one day the cat made a stand and ran killer back to john yelping. johns message was it is time to take a stand against the devil for he is like a roaring lion with no teeth because his teeth were removed at the cross in the name of Jesus..jimp

2012/5/9 2:06Profile
Trekker

northern USA

Re:

Jimp, i think you mean Joel Osteen, the Health and Wealth Prosperity false teacher. But that is another issue.

My point is that you have no proof that guy had any bullets in his gun at all. And when he found out the women were not going to cooperate with him despite his gun he was caught off guard, so what was he gonna do? Spit on them? lol

I have never yet seen the name of jesus have any power over any other, because there are many jesus'. There are dozens of Mexicans named Jesus. The name of jesus is just another name unless it is The Lord Jesus Christ or Jesus Christ.

Maybe it was the power of God, maybe it wasn't.

2012/5/9 6:54Profile

Re:

"She actually never said the name Jesus Christ, she only said, "in the name of Jesus" which could be anyone's "jesus", "

Trekker - either someone knows the true Jesus or they dont. Adding the word Christ at the end makes no difference. In fact, Jesus himself said it would be the word Christ that false prophets would use in the last days.

Matthew 24:5 For many will come in my name, saying, 'I am the Christ,' and they will lead many astray.

None of this is promoting a magical formula for calling on the name of the Lord. It's all about the heart.

in Him -Jim

2012/5/9 8:15
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Trekker, why is it your so negative in your posts? I am not going to ask/question your salvation, that's between you and Jesus, but you seem to go against every poster here when they post something. I can't even remember since I have been a member here, someone with your prospective on some of the things you post, you seem bitter,or hardened, maybe something happened in your childhood, or since you have become a Christian that has left you discouraged, and you seem to use this forum to vent. Well I Pray that you can get your joy back, Every word we speak should be “gracious” and “seasoned with salt” (Col. 4:6).
God Bless
Mr. Bill

2012/5/9 9:40Profile

Re: Courage to take His name

Quote:
My point is that you have no proof that guy had any bullets in his gun at all. And when he found out the women were not going to cooperate with him despite his gun he was caught off guard, so what was he gonna do? Spit on them? lol

I have never yet seen the name of jesus have any power over any other, because there are many jesus'. There are dozens of Mexicans named Jesus. The name of jesus is just another name unless it is The Lord Jesus Christ or Jesus Christ.

Hi Trekker. Rationally we don't know if there were any bullets in the hand gun. Thats true. To look at his appearance one could also make the assertion that he was 'flabby'. He may even have been weak willed. This just speaks of a man who either did or did not load the gun, did or did not go to the gym, or did or did not take 'assertion' lessons sometime or other.

The fact is though this Sister had a courage to withstand him and her courage was in the name of Jesus. Why not simply believe that. Did you watch the other lady and her reaction. She may well have felt an incredible fear, but she kept moving her head as the words passed between the robber and the saint. Why didn't she panic? Why didn't she faint with fear. The gun was pointed at her several times. I think its because the Sister had courage sufficient for both of them.

The Lord bless you and keep you.

Andrew

2012/5/9 11:16
waitonGod

Re: Power in Action: Holy Spirit Stops Robbery

Why didn't the evil spirit come out of the man in Acts 19 when the seven sons of Sceva used the name of the Lord Jesus? After all, they were referring to the Jesus whom Paul preached. The obvious answer is that "Jesus" was just a name to them. They didn't personally know Him. I think that's why fear fell upon all the Jews and Greeks in Ephesus, and the "name of the Lord Jesus was magnified." The people realized that Jesus was not just some Word to throw around, but that Name was connected to a Man who has all power in Heaven and Earth. To wield the Name rightly, you must know that Man. Anyone can verbalize the words "Jesus Christ," but only the child of God causes demons to tremble at the mention of that Name.

2012/5/9 12:15Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy