SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Women in the ministry

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 )
PosterThread
Jimm

Harare, ZIMBABWE

I will sanctify also both Aaron and his sons, to minister to me

Quote:
May I say that you are the kind of man that it is easy for a girl to be under authority.:) You have the right tone and understanding I believe. I thank you for that!

Awww shucks. :lol:

1 Corinthians 11:1-16 1 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ. 2 Now I praise you, brethren, that ye remember me in all things, and keep the ordinances, as I delivered them to you. 3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God. 4 Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonoureth his head. 5 But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven. 6 For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered. 7 For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man. 8 For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man. 9 Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man. 10 For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels. 11 Nevertheless neither is the man without the woman, neither the woman without the man, in the Lord. 12 For as the woman is of the man, even so is the man also by the woman; but all things of God. 13 Judge in yourselves: is it comely that a woman pray unto God uncovered? 14 Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him? 15 But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering. 16 But if any man seem to be contentious, we have no such custom, neither the churches of God.

I think this passage is worth deep prayer and meditation and sitting at the Lord’s feet to understand it clearly. We have all read this (passage) a thousand times before and I sure most did not put themselves through it again but have we touched the Spirit of these verses, or the letter. Why does Paul go against the common tradition of the day (Jewish men, cover their heads)? This based on revelation by the Holy Ghost and there certainly is nothing logical about it, but there is deep and profound spiritual significance. Let us remember that Adam was not the original man made by God, he was only half of that man, and the other half was Eve (woman). We are the same person split in two. How can I be contentious with myself (women) when I am the other side of a the same coin. Authority and submission is the basis for all of God’s structures. In the Godhead, Jesus is submissive but this does not affect his divinity. Concerning the Church Jesus is authority and we are submissive. Concerning the Church, man is authority and woman is submissive. This is not a tragedy for woman but it is a glorious position. Who wants to have authority anyway? Is not the greatest one the minister of the least? Is not the last made first?

There is great reward for humbling one’s self to be “behind the scenes” while others get the glory, but God is not blind. Those with a true meaningful relationship with Him will not loose their place. We are here to live not to save souls, and this life we live is the light of men. We loose the life of the church when we loose God’s divine order (this is a general statement concerning all of God’s orders for they are not all bound up in authority and submission). We must never become desperate, even if the situation looks desperate. We should not let our environment dictate our order but the will of God in our Lord Jesus. This is a scary concept for some, but God may not require me to save any souls, but to plough the ground so that seeds (the word) may be planted. Nevertheless, a fully functioning church will produce life spontaneously, without our assessments of what is needed.

The church has many in full time ministry to lost souls but how many are in full time ministry to the Lord (Exodus29:44And I will sanctify the tabernacle of the congregation, and the altar: I will sanctify also both Aaron and his sons, to minister to me in the priest's office.)? Is this a acceptable to the church of today? Is it supported practically? These are the comely parts of the body that all decayed away. Are we taking advantage about being that peculiar people ordained to worship in Spirit and in truth. Are we really putting in as much into this great ministry as we are in putting out tracts knocking on doors, broadcasting producing seminarians and theologians? What have we done in the department of full time worship?

1 Corinthians 12: 23 And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness. 24 For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked: 25 That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.

James

2005/2/9 20:49Profile

Re: I will sanctify also both Aaron and his sons, to minister to me

The last couple of posts were great, and I couldnt agree more. In the Lord there is no male or female spiritually. We are all sinners saved by grace, and God loves each and everyone of us without prejudice. (not sure i spelled that right!)

I hope I did not ever give the impression that women are useless... thats not what I believe at all, and those who know me from other websites understand that. Those who dont know me well yet, please dont have that impression of me.

Having said that, there is an order in God's family. It's not my order, it's God's, and He has specific reasons for the way He has ordered things.

So lets shift gears and discuss ways in which God allows women to participate in ministry in keeping with His order and scripture.

Krispy

2005/2/10 8:33
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re: I will sanctify also both Aaron and his sons, to minister to me

Quote:
. Are we really putting in as much into this great ministry as we are in putting out tracts knocking on doors, broadcasting producing seminarians and theologians? What have we done in the department of full time worship?

Hi James,

This is a very good point. It takes me back to the days at the Institute when the Church was often exhorted not to make a distinction between their sacred and secular life. In other words, everything that a believer does is spiritual and an act of worship. Our worship is not so much that we simply prostrate ourselves before God in our prayer closet, but that we prostrate ourselves before Him in public by utterly submitting to His Lordship.

The Jews made Bible study to be the very highest form of worship. Personally I view our works for God in obedience to Him as proof that we are true worshippers. Obedience to do the works of Christ authenticate our worship. Many come to church and sing hymns and raise hands and consider it worship. We might call it 'lip service' if there is no real submission beyond the four walls.

This is a great problem in the Church because a majority of the work is done by a small minority of the people; yet those same people sing hymns and verbalize worship. Jesus gave an answer to this when He said and why call ye me Lord Lord and do not the things I say? and again; this people draw nigh unto me with their mouths and honoureth me with their lips, but the heart is far from me.

The greatest act of worship I can perform is to visit the fatherless and the widows in their affliction while keeping myself unspotted of the world. My body is and we as believers, are all the Temple of the Holy Ghost. From this Temple I am to offer up the praise unto God continually; that is, the fruit of my lips giving thanks to His name. My house shall be called the house of prayer, Christ said.

Many Christians do not understand that this was why they were saved. The were saved to become the habitation of God by the Spirit. We are mobile tabernacles taking the light of God's glory everywhere we go.

God Bless,

-Robert

2005/2/10 9:29Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
[u]Jake writes:[/u]Ron, so are you telling me that Paul shifted back in forth in his life from a state of perfection to a state of fallenness based upon whether he was writing scripture or not? Soon as the writing instrument went down, sin came up? Zigging and zagging back and forth between perfection and sinfulness.

No, but then you never listen anyway.

2005/2/10 11:17Profile
Jimm

Harare, ZIMBABWE

Re:

Quote:
This is a very good point. It takes me back to the days at the Institute when the Church was often exhorted not to make a distinction between their sacred and secular life. In other words, everything that a believer does is spiritual and an act of worship. Our worship is not so much that we simply prostrate ourselves before God in our prayer closet, but that we prostrate ourselves before Him in public by utterly submitting to His Lordship.

The Jews made Bible study to be the very highest form of worship. Personally I view our works for God in obedience to Him as proof that we are true worshippers. Obedience to do the works of Christ authenticate our worship. Many come to church and sing hymns and raise hands and consider it worship. We might call it 'lip service' if there is no real submission beyond the four walls.

This is a great problem in the Church because a majority of the work is done by a small minority of the people; yet those same people sing hymns and verbalize worship. Jesus gave an answer to this when He said and why call ye me Lord Lord and do not the things I say? and again; this people draw nigh unto me with their mouths and honoureth me with their lips, but the heart is far from me.

The greatest act of worship I can perform is to visit the fatherless and the widows in their affliction while keeping myself unspotted of the world. My body is and we as believers, are all the Temple of the Holy Ghost. From this Temple I am to offer up the praise unto God continually; that is, the fruit of my lips giving thanks to His name. My house shall be called the house of prayer, Christ said.

Many Christians do not understand that this was why they were saved. The were saved to become the habitation of God by the Spirit. We are mobile tabernacles taking the light of God's glory everywhere we go.

Hallelujah AMEN!

2005/2/10 22:21Profile
Jimm

Harare, ZIMBABWE

In beauty of Holiness

Quote:
I hope I did not ever give the impression that women are useless... thats not what I believe at all, and those who know me from other websites understand that. Those who dont know me well yet, please dont have that impression of me.

I think we are all slowly starting to get you brother ;-)

Quote:
So lets shift gears and discuss ways in which God allows women to participate in ministry in keeping with His order and scripture.

You can probably tell that I am going to say this already but the prayer ministry is short handed desperately! Worship and praise songs, poetry and articles (God bless your soul Miss Chanin). Exhortation in needed(1 Corinthians 12:8 Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness.); the lazy men (such as me) and women of the church need to be encouraged constantly and have their fire rekindled. Charity work in our own communities (James 2:15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, 16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?) giving and showing mercy in the Spirit of Christ, in the beauty of Holiness are a glorious ministry that requires one to have Christ in their heart.

2005/2/10 22:55Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy