Image Map
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Catholic Revival

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
jeremyhulsey

Re:

Hi prayer4am,

Here's a quote from her own book titled "Life In The Spirit: Reflections, Meditations, and Prayers."

Quote:
"[b]We never try to convert those who receive [aid from Missionaries of Charity] to Christianity[/b] but in our work we bear witness to the love of God's presence and if Catholics, Protestants, Buddhists, or agnostics become for this better men -- simply better -- we will be satisfied. It matters to the individual what church he belongs to. If that individual thinks and believes that this is the only way to God for her or him, this is the way God comes into their life -- his life. If he does not know any other way and if he has no doubt so that he does not need to search then this is his way to salvation." (Pages 81-82)

The next quote is a conversation with a nun in Nepal who was trained by Mother Teresa.

Quote:
'In 1984, my wife and I had a recorded interview with a nun who works with Mother Teresa's organization in Nepal. Seated in a small, dirty room by Nepal's 'holiest river', surrounded by Hindu temples and idols — and sick, and elderly, waiting to die in this 'holy place', in hope of escaping the life-cycles of reincarnation — we asked questions. Sister Ann had spent three years in Calcutta in training and service at Mother Teresa's main centre. Now she was in Nepal, and one of her duties was daily to visit these sick and aged people, to do what she could to help alleviate their pain and their need... I queried: "These people are waiting to die. What are you telling them to prepare them for death and for eternity?" She replied candidly, [b]"We tell them to pray to their Bhagwan, to their gods[/b]"

http://www.diakrisis.org/mother_teresa.htm

Here is a link to a very good article:

[url=http://www.challies.com/archives/000034.php]challies.com[/url]

The life of Mother Teresa is a tragic life lesson to Christians that NO MATTER what your good works are, in the end they are just filthy rags. The work of God is to believe on His son Jesus Christ through whom is only found salvation. There is no other way.

In Christ,
Jeremy Hulsey

2005/2/18 12:07Profile

Re: Thank you Brother for your efforts

Thank you for your efforts. Most people would not have even taken the time to help. I read everything you post. I even went to the website you offered and read everything they had.

Let me share somethings with you. I have been curious of Mother Teresa and Christian Mystics for about 14 years now and my book on Mystics is coming out next month. I have done research from the 1st century down to present time. Interviewed several real Stigmatist, been allowed in some of the finest rare collections of old manscripts and books that people have never seen. The Lord has opened doors and provided books that would make even the British Musuem Library envious. All to accomplish the task that God has laid on my heart and driven me like I have never felt in my life to do.

While Mother Teresa was alive, I would video tape or record everything I could about her and listen to it many times to find fault with her. I do not accept anyone without a serious trial to judge their heart. Been led a stray severly by a Minister once that cost me years money wise by his mis-interpretation of the scriptures. Now I check everything I can if I need to or feel led to.

The quotes that the website and you offer, I have listen to those recordings of her's many times, let us hope that we too can be like Jesus and have others take what we say and do after we are dead and talk bad about us. For we are no better than Jesus and he warned us about this to come. The entire website is an attempt to cut down Mother Teresa after her death and they have wisely taken bits and parts of what she said, taken out of context and made up a very good argument. It's very convincing to the ignorant of Mother Teresa.

I do not believe everything that Mother Teresa believed. I probably do not believe everything that you believe. I am a Wild Beast and like to try and see what the other creatures are like out of my pack.

I do believe 100% that the information offer is a bold attempt by a weak person to try and obtain praise of themself in the eyes of those that did not really care to check up on the person's information offered. This person, like you and me, have never walked in her shoes, we have never lived among the poorest of poor, we have never stepped over dead bodies in the street we could not have gotten to fast enough to help, we do not take in unwanted babies....we do not a lot of things that Christ commands us to do....we have never come close to walk in Mother Teresa's shoes.

We do not know what took place the last hour of her life. We do not know what Jesus did with her during the last few minutes. We do know that God did richly bless her and provided for her and the misson that she was involved in. And yes, God does rain on the just and the unjust. You might not believe in what she believed in and she might not believe in everything you believe in. But she did not make it a habit to speak bad about anyone. Not even those that did not believe the way she did.

I believe that Mother Teresa loved Jesus more than I do today (she should...she had many more years with him than I do today!) and maybe she loved Jesus the most in the God head due to his being there with her, helping her....all I know is that God truly did love her. And I believe that right or wrong in all the fine points...I think she got it all right before she walked into heaven.

And for anyone to say anything different....let's hope they are surprised when the roll is called up yonder!

Thanks Brother for trying to help. But I do not have anymore time to research this nor do I find any reason to continue to spend valuable time on this. I am coming very close to finish my book and must spend the time doing so.

In Christ Your Brother
PJ

2005/2/19 6:06

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy