Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Trekker

northern USA

Baptist Pastor Commits Murder

MISSOURI WOMAN ADMITS PLOTTING TO KILL HER HUSBAND WITH HER PASTOR

Published May 02, 2012

FoxNews.com

INDEPENDENCE, Mo. – A Missouri woman admitted Monday to plotting with her church pastor, who was also her lover, to murder her husband, Fox 4 reports.

40-year-old Teresa Stone pled guilty to conspiracy to commit murder in the March 2010 shooting death of her husband Randy Stone.

Teresa Stone confessed that she and her 51-year-old church pastor David Love agreed one of them would kill Randy Stone. Randy Stone was later found shot to death in his office at an insurance company.

David Love admitted shooting Randy Stone to death in November 2011, and pled guilty to second-degree murder and armed criminal action. He is serving a life sentence.

Love's attorney admitted at the time that it was well known Love and Teresa Stone were having an affair. Randy Stone's relatives told Fox 4 they believe the affair last for as many as ten years.

Love once was the pastor of New Hope Baptist Church in Independence, and delivered part of Randy Stone's eulogy. He moved to South Carolina not long after the murder and was arrested there in November 2010.

Teresa's Stone's guilty plea ensures she will not serve more than 10 years in prison. She will be sentenced in June, and remains free on bond.

Her husband's relatives say they are outraged over what they see as a lenient sentence for a heinous crime.

“I think she should have got a lot more time than 10 years,” Randy Stone's cousin John Stone told Fox 4. “I got 16 years for stealing cars and this woman takes my cousin’s life, a Christian, a good man, and 10 years? I just don’t understand the law.”

Click here for more on this story from Fox 4.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/05/02/missouri-woman-admits-plotting-to-kill-her-husband-with-her-pastor/#ixzz1tnC2APKx

Trekker's comments:

1. Ironic that his last name was "Love", aint it.

2. I'm glad the pastor got a life sentence at the very least. But given his position of authority in the church and the utter hypocrisy of his actions and the immense shame he has brought upon Christ i would also support the death penalty in this case, mostly because he took a life for no just cause and because as a pastor he should be held to a higher standard.

2012/5/3 4:19Profile
ET101

Re: Baptist Pastor Commits Murder

Accounts like this are great because they make me to go back to the fundamentals of the faith and question them. Like what really is 'salvation?' What is sanctification? How really are we transformed? What does it mean when Paul says 'not I but Christ living in me?'

In this case, I don't judge anyone in this account. I see me in them. . . the lust that no doubt was there, the scheming, the hiding for ten years. . . this is man! This is me!

May God make my salvation true. May God make my Christianity real. May God save me; chastise me; pass me through the most painful fire and relentlessly (as God is my witness right this second as I type this and will eternally hold me to it) sift me so I am nothing but His alone - exclusively. May God be me perseverance to the very end!

2012/5/3 5:09Profile

Re:

Wow... how unregenerate can a man be to murder another man and then deliver part of the eulogy? That is evil.

I hope these two get saved some day.

Krispy

2012/5/3 8:32

1 John 3:15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.

Proverbs 23:28 She also lieth in wait as for a prey, and increaseth the transgressors among men.

Proverbs 30:20 Such is the way of an adulterous woman; she eateth, and wipeth her mouth, and saith, I have done no wickedness.

2 Timothy 2:25 ...if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

I hope they both find salvation.

2012/5/3 8:52
iceman9

New York

It is shocking how callused to sin a person must be to be having an affair for allegedly 10 years; committing a crime like this murder and yet standing in the pulpit. Even speaking at the victim’s funeral. Unregenerated men in the pulpit – how brazen.

2012/5/3 9:32Profile
pilgrim777

Re:

Religious spirits do shocking things:

Murder Abel
Murder Prophets
Murder Jesus

All in the name of God...

As I always say, "Salvation is not a commodity that you own because you got your ticket punched 20 years ago by walking the aisle. Salvation is walking in relationship with Jesus Christ in the HERE and NOW".

He is our Salvation!!

Pilgrim

2012/5/3 9:51Profile
rbanks

Re:

A pastor friend of mine, who is spirit filled, went to a Baptist church years ago by the invitation of a Christian leader in that church and almost didn’t get to go because of some of the leadership opposition. The revival services began and about the second night the pastor repented and got truly saved and a couple of nights after that some of the deacons got saved. It was amazing what God did in that week.

I know of another situation where a spirit filled Baptist preacher got invited to several Baptist churches in a certain geographical location and several of those people in leadership from different churches came to the altar confessing adultery and all kinds of sins going on in their local church. We desperately need God to raise up some Holy Spirit filled evangelists and pastors that can be led by the Spirit to help set these local houses of God in order.

It is a mockery to God to appear to be religious but to have no power for living a godly life unto the Lord. We don’t need any more local churches and assembly meetings without the power of God present to cause conviction of sin and godly living. This brings shame to the cause of Christ who was crucified for us to deliver us from all iniquity and to purify unto Himself a special kind of people that radiate His glory. The leadership of any assembly will be held accountable to make sure that they are the one's who lead the way of an example of being filled with the Spirit and living a godly life.

Blessings...from brother rbanks

2012/5/3 10:14Profile

Re:

Agreed rbanks... good word.

Krispy

2012/5/3 10:23
iceman9

New York

Pilgrim & rbanks,

Good points.

2012/5/3 10:26Profile
Trekker

northern USA

Re:

You all made some very good comments which i agree with.

QUOTE: "
Wow... how unregenerate can a man be to murder another man and then deliver part of the eulogy? That is evil.I hope these two get saved some day."==KRISPY

Exactly.

2012/5/5 0:00Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy