Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : How to Love God

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
bakary

GAMBIA, WEST AFRICA

How to Love God

How to Love God
How to Love God
“If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen? And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.” (1John2v20)

In the natural, if a bride and bridegroom will fall in Love, they must first see each other countenance. Voice communication without seeing each other may help, but were there was no countenance, no voice, before they meet then that union was never established by Love but circumstances. If they cannot Love each other after they had seen each other countenance, then they can never Love each other by any other way.
The Apostle John, in the scriptures quoted above, knowing that Love is activating by what the eye sees admonished us if we cannot Love the brother we see, it is not possible to Love the God we did not see. If we cannot see God then we cannot Love Him, and if we can Love Him then we can see Him, for we cannot Love the one we see not. As this principle is true in the natural so it is in the spiritual.
The new covenant is a covenant of Love; Loving God. In the old covenant only a selected few, the priest, prophets and kings were able not only to Fear or reverence God, but also to Love Him because in a measure they saw His Face. .
It is a waist of time to tell sinners to Love God ; it is even better to tell them to fear God and obey the ten commandments because out of fear they can keep the moral Law and make the world a better place ; but to Love God to live the Life of Christ they most first see Him through the revelation that comes by the Faith of Jesus.. His countenance is so beautiful that none will see Jesus and reject Him.
Loving God
“Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.” (John14v23)
No man has ever Loved God who did not first saw His face . “If any man loves me he will keep my word ..“(John 14v23) Says the Lord. Love Him How? By first seeing His face:
“If any man sees my face and love my countenance after seeing it then I will come and make my abode in Him as I live in Him I will strengthen Him to keep my word because He loves what He saw in me. “
You see the responsibility is given to man to enter the kingdom, not before He saw God or His kingdom but after He saw it. Before he enter the kingdom He must first see it (the face of God).The Lord will Judge sinners for breaking all form of restrains but not for Loving Him .It is the born again with new spiritual senses that can lose the Love of God not the sinner; he had never get it to lose it.
SEEING JESUS
“Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the God.”(Hebrews12v2)
We said earlier we can only Love God as we see His face . The scripture admonish us, to keep looking unto JESUS not just once; that is the face of God. Why? Because like in the natural if we missed the face of a person we knew before for years, we are more tended to forget his looks; and sometimes when we meet him again, we will not even recognize him. It is as if we had never known Him before. The more intimately we know the face of a man, the harder it will to forget the Looks of his face. The less intimately we know the face of man ,for example when we saw him only once or twice ,with time we will be more tended to forget His looks, than the one we knew more intimately .As if we never knew Him before. The same principle work in the spiritual .
.Seeing Jesus is the revelation given in the heart to recognize the sufficiency of His grace over all circumstances. As we state earlier we can love a person just by hearing His voice but the perfection comes as we sees His face.
“But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.”(2Corin.3v18).
For example when Job was going through His trial the Love that He had of God was a voice relationship not a facial relationship . When the sufficiency of the grace of God and ways of God were revealed to Him after the trial having seen the power that give life to the dead , he confessed “ I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee. Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes.”(Job 42v5-6).
If there is one thing the enemy tries is to keep our eyes off Jesus. All the righteousness of a righteous man is zero as if he never did any righteous work before when he turn to sin, the Lord told Ezekiel. “ When I shall say to the righteous, that he shall surely live; if he trust to his own righteousness, and commit iniquity, all his righteousnesses shall not be remembered; but for his iniquity that he hath committed, he shall die for it” (Ezekiel 33v13).
The Lord also told us about the many that will be rejected on the Day of Judgment after doing many mighty works in his name because He never knew them (Matt.7v22-23). As if they never saw His face before. They saw His faced before, but when they turn and stop looking into His face being distracted by the cares of the world they fall into iniquity all their spiritual records became zero . In the Law of the spirit, it is the same as those that never knew Him. It is like forgetting the face of a man you knew before. In another sense, it is as real as you had never known him before.
.Seeing Jesus is the revelation given in the heart to recognize the sufficiency of His grace over all circumstances. As we state earlier we can love a person just by hearing His voice but the perfection comes as we sees His face .Spiritual prayer activate faith, and Faith reveals Jesus, and Jesus gives strength , and wisdom . If we trust on our prayers and fasting our eyes are off Jesus, but when our prayers and Fasting help us trust Jesus, then that is true spiritual exercise. Some have grown cold because they have lessened or cease the spiritual exercise. I might have seen Jesus yesterday over a certain circumstance I was going through, but am I still seeing Him over what am going through today ? Do I trust that He can bring me out over this situation?
We cannot see Jesus without trusting in Him; and the fruit of trusting Jesus is a surrendered heart. When do we see Jesus? It is when He comes and fights for us, help and strengthen us. The more we see the face of Jesus as we surrender more daily, like in the natural the less we are likely to forget His face. The more we see the Face of Jesus the more we will love and mature in Him. It is possible to forget the face of Jesus though we might still have his words in our head, our doctrines, religious group, records of date of conversion etc. We may honor Him with our mouth but does our heart trust in Him, because it sees Him? We see Jesus with our hearts; we are not speaking of our natural eyes. If our heart is faint in our trials then our faith is faint .When our faith is weak our Love is weak because our spiritual eyes are dim. Satan uses the daily abounding inequity that comes against us , to shake our faith so that our Love will grow cold. “And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.”(Math.24v12). The Love of the heart that has grown Cold can only be restored through a surrendered heart that works by Faith. His is still saying “Come behold my face. You will Love me when you see my face and then will keep my Word because when my Love work in you the Love of the world will walk out of you, that was why I told you if any man Love the world my Love is not working in Him.(1john2v15) .”Amen.

2012/5/2 13:15Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy