SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Deceived on Purpose?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Deceived on Purpose?

By Warren Smith.

It seems that Rick Warren is little more than a re-invented Schuller. Have you read this book?

2005/2/7 11:16

Re: Deceived on Purpose?

Havent read it... but I have read Purpose Drive Church, and was not impressed by a lot of it. I know many people who's church grabbed ahold of the Purpose fad, and I havent heard much positive about it.

I would not go so far as to call him another Schuller, tho he does lean in that direction.

Krispy

2005/2/7 11:45
jeremyhulsey

Re:

Quote:
I would not go so far as to call him another Schuller, tho he does lean in that direction.

I Think what Lahry is referring to was that PDC is in many ways a rip off of Robert Schuller's Church Growth seminars which Rick Warren attended religiously (so-to-speak) in the 70's. Rick Warren now speaks at those seminars, however, I heard on a radio program that Schuller is somewhat upset that he is not given the credit he should be for inspiring the Purpose Driven books.

2005/2/7 13:48Profile

Re:

Quote:
I heard on a radio program that Schuller is somewhat upset that he is not given the credit he should be for inspiring the Purpose Driven books.

That says a lot right there... If it's a movement of God, then how can any man "take credit" for it?

The "Humility Award" goes tooooo... Robert Schuller!

Krispy

2005/2/7 15:37

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy