Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Prayer request for my health

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Trekker

northern USA

Re:

QUOTE: "The lord's healing presence needs to be manifested in your spirit and body. James 5:14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:

15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him."==RBANKS

I would like to point out here the difference between being sick and being afflicted. Lindi is not sick, per se, rather she is afflicted. Thus, this verse would not apply in this case. If you continue reading, the very next verse after that one is for those who are AFFLICTED, that they should PRAY. THEY should pray. AND it makes no promise that the prayer of faith will necessarily heal them like the prayer for the sick will.

Here are some examples of what qualify as sickness and what qualifies as afflictions:

The flu or colds=sickness
The Black Plague=sickness;
Any viral or bacterial invasion of the body=sickness

A broken or crippled leg=affliction
Withered hand=affliction
Alzheimers=affliction
Backpain=affliction
Brain Damage or stroke=affliction
Parkinson's Disease=affliction
Lou Gehrig's Disease-affliction
Migraine Headaches=affliction
Deafness=affliction
Blindness=affliction (i.e thorn in the flesh))
Basically, any injury, accident, genetic mutation or genetic anomaly can result in an affliction.
ETC.

2012/5/1 3:35Profile
lindi1208

Re:

Thank you beloved saints for your continued prayers. I truly express my heart felt gratitude for your labor in prayers! I have been fine all day headache did not afflict me at all today. I am seeking the Lord's face about many of the suggestions given on here.Approved asked about my diet.

I am a careful eater :) I live on plenty of fruit and vegetables. I do like fish but am not keen on many meats except beef and lamb occasionally.I do watch what I eat.I have been going through a trigger elimination by trying to find physical causes of the migraines.My body is just weary so often I just need to have a good balance between work and rest but even that doesn't seem to be working nowadays. I do a brisk 30 min walk three times a week in the morning. My work is both physical and mental I do 12hr shifts three days a week. Most of the people I nurse are elderly dependent people. Nursing is hard work so I do need my strength. I am wondering about magnetic waves as we are surrounded by these all the time at home and at work. Hospitals are full of electronic equipment everywhere!

I confess I was afraid for my health last night and earlier on this morning I kept thinking I might not make it through the day but God is faithful and He showed me my unbelief.It got me thinking that Our father hates unbelief in his children. I started to meditate on unbelief and lack of completely trusting in God in all areas of my life.I know that God healed my pain last night and answered your prayers yet there was this bit of fear in me.Now perfect love casts out fear because fear involves torment. I don't know why I felt that way probably afraid of the pain, discomfort and being unable to do anything when I am afflicted.The headaches at their worst are so bad that even when lying down my head literally pounds away even when sleeping with so much pressure it feels like it will explode.I thought I completely trusted in God but I think He is using this affliction to show me that I have some lack of trust in Him. I do not know what it is but there is something that He wants to work in me.

Please do continue to pray with me as I seek His face and will.

Blessings to you all in Christ Jesus

2012/5/1 17:34Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy