SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Sermons | About

Free Conference Call Meeting
FREE Secret Underground Church Conference Call - April 18th (6 hours)

Login

Nickname

Password

Main Menu
· Home
· About Us
· Audio Sermons
    by Speaker
    by Topic
    by Scripture
    by Podcast
· Text Sermons
    Christian Books
    Online Bibles
· Video Sermons
· Vintage Images
· Discussion Forum
· Help Support
· Contact Us

Share SI with others - Add a website link or image banner on your website or blog.

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Agendas

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
pilgrim777

Agendas

Hi Robert,

Just to clear any misunderstandings up. I had not read your long post to Fishn4Souls on the rules of the Forum before I replied to his message so I did not know what he was replying to. I was just speaking generally on the topic of "agendas". I was neither defending nor promoting Fishnsouls and I was not challenging the authorities on SI.

I do not promote my blog, but seek to promote the truth of the Scriptures on SI.

Pilgrim

2012/4/29 19:07Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Agendas

Dear Brother,

That is no problem. We are just trying to allow the saints to understand the ramifications of when we let a few brothers "do what they want 100%" without thought to the rest of the body of Christ on the forums. Because of all of us being from different backgrounds, different stages of growth in Jesus Christ we must be very careful and thoughtful to each other and expressing our faith in love to each one.

Just so the saints know what you are referring to I am going to post the 2 sections that are applicable to what you are referring to and also the link to the entire list of sermon index community guiding principles:

3. HAVING A PERSONAL AGENDA - We look down on people who come with personal agenda's or are trying to justify themselves on a particular doctrine or emphasis. We believe it is not healthy to try and impose a truth that you have on many other brothers or sisters. This type of believer feels that a truth they have is more important then the rest and feels a godliness for holding to that truth. Such a godliness is false and will not bring about the fruits of the Spirit in the life of that believer (Galatians 5:22-23).

6. SELF-PROMOTION - Self-Promoting your own teachings or articles, sermons and videos is not encouraged in the forums. We have hand-selected over 50,000 audio, video and text resources on sermon index and we ask that the majority of the discussions centre around those materials provided. You can post another article or sermon from another source also long as its not contrary to the tenor of the materials on SermonIndex. But we ask that you do not promote your own audio sermon materials. 'Let someone else praise you, and not your own mouth' (Proverbs 27:2).

SermonIndex Community Guiding Principles
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=44556&forum=13

"We out-thought the Lord here in America. We told His Spirit that we can do it all in our own cleverness or we told Him that He could not work that way anymore. Either way, we seem to have lost Him here in America. He took His fire to China." - anonymous

2012/4/29 19:22Profile

Re:

There is one prominent characteristic of one who has a personal agenda, anger. It manifests every time. If it's a godly truth it should manifest good fruit, but it doesn't, it promotes a false godliness that leads to bad fruit.

Everyone of has some spiritual truth we would like to contribute to these forums but we don't share them because the will to push it is not there. I think most of us would rather stay at peace with everyone and not be singled out and lose our place here on this site. I think that is worth maintaining, I know you'll agree beloved.

2012/4/29 21:11
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
There is one prominent characteristic of one who has a personal agenda, anger. It manifests every time. If it's a godly truth it should manifest good fruit, but it doesn't, it promotes a false godliness that leads to bad fruit.

Everyone of has some spiritual truth we would like to contribute to these forums but we don't share them because the will to push it is not there. I think most of us would rather stay at peace with everyone and not be singled out and lose our place here on this site. I think that is worth maintaining, I know you'll agree beloved.

Tremendous insight dear brother. I absolutely have seen this in those who have personal agendas if that is alluded to that great anger and vehemence comes forward. We must promote Gods truth with patience and love and the best way its not preaching it at others but allowing it to come through our posts, replies and whole person.

Great thoughts brother.

"We out-thought the Lord here in America. We told His Spirit that we can do it all in our own cleverness or we told Him that He could not work that way anymore. Either way, we seem to have lost Him here in America. He took His fire to China." - anonymous

2012/4/29 21:27Profile

©2002-2014 SermonIndex.net Audio Sermons | Google+
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival. | Privacy Policy