SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Not Forsaken nor begging for Bread

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
rbanks

Not Forsaken nor begging for Bread

Psalms 37:25 I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.

Matthew 6:30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?
31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

It seems to me that this is a promise from Jesus that if we seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness then all these things (things we have need of) shall be added to us. We are not to worry over these things and neither are we to be seeking them first. The Father already knows what we have need of and does not want us to be like the world seeking after things because He delights to give us good things when He and His Kingdom takes first priority in our life.

Just pondering…blessings from brother rbanks

2012/4/27 21:26Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy