SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A Christian's Attitude Towards War

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
PosterThread

Re:

Mathews 26:51-52

With that, one of Jesus' companions reached for his sword drew it out and struck the servant of the high priest cutting off his ear."Put your sword back in its place," Jesus said to him, "for all who draw the sword will die by the sword".

Ronans 12:19-21

Do not rake revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written, "It is mine to avenge, I will repay", says the Lord.......Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

In light of these and other verses how can any Spirit-filled, blood redeemed child of God justify war and violence.

Ok. This is a forum. In the spirit of the Puritains I say set forth your case. I challenge any who believe war is justified to show me from the New Testament that support your position.

We are governed by the New Covenant writings. So where in the New Testament do you find a justification for violence or war? Where do you find scriptural warrant for the taking of human life? Please state your case from the New Testament, please?

Posted by Bearmaster.

2012/4/30 9:37

Re:

Pilgrim,
I think at this point, all that could/should be said to Old_Joe has already been said, both from a reasoning standpoint and straight from the scriptures. I don't think it would be beneficial, personally (unless you feel led of the Lord to state/show something specific) would benefit, do you?
My 2 cents,
Jeff

Old_Joe,
If per chance you have murdered/killed someone, you need to know that God can/will/is able to forgive you, wash you under the blood, and renew you. I don't know that you have/haven't, but I just feel led to share that with you. God is able to wash it under the blood and say to you/anyone: "Go and sin no more" and/or "Do no violence to any man". Just wanted to make sure you really knew that deep within your heart/mind/soul.
God Bless you as you truly seek the truth, for Jesus "is the way, the truth, & the life", & He has sent unto us (when we cry out asking & believing for Him) "The Spirit of Truth. He will guide you into all truth and bring into your rememberence all the things that I (Jesus) have said"

2012/4/30 9:45
pilgrim777

Re:

Hi Jeff,

I agree with you wholeheartedly and my thanks to everyone for their input, especially Old_Joe.

Indeed we may all be tested someday and when we are, may we choose to do what the Lord Jesus and the Apostles did as demonstrated by their very lives when they were walking the earth.

To quote bearmaster,

Pilgrim, standing down.

2012/4/30 13:33Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy