Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : God's Humbling Effect

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

God's Humbling Effect

Dear Brethren

In a humbling effect of God I post to explain why it was that I suddenly withdrew from SI yesterday. The Lord want's me to post on this site both for my own edification, but also to bear witness to the Truth which is our solemn duty in Christ. Yet I left.

Was I rebuked by a man. No! I was rebuked by the Lord. In my last post, to a confused and deluded young man, I over stepped the boundary of wisdom when I wrote

"I know that you thought you had got rid of me, but I wont be got rid of. This too is authority".

Within 1 hour of that post I was 'got rid' off, though by my own hand. I asked Greg to remove me from the site because I knew as soon as I saw the words of Paul West "enough is enough" I had transgressed and offended the Spirit of Truth.

Earlier before I posted I realised that my 'ministry' which is direct and easily misunderstood had led others on to take a similar approach. I should not have posted as I did. For me to lead anyone on it appalling. So I laid against myself a rod and acted accordingly.

Greg was gracious with my request and expressed his disappointment that I was leaving. This and a night of concern has led me to re-join. My heart is for the young man who is also now 'put out'. So I am saddened too.

Please forgive me my pride.

In Christ Jesus.

Andrew M R Kelly

The beginning

2012/4/27 8:40
ET101

Re: God's Humbling Effect

Very glad to have you back!

Your comments a few days ago on discernment in the church were very useful to me!!

So please; chastise yourself no more and pour the wisdom liberally :-)

Thanks!

2012/4/27 9:02Profile

In Christ Jesus.
Andrew M R Kelly.............

Psalm 51:3-5
"For I acknowledge my transgressions,
And my sin is always before me."

"Against You, You only, have I sinned,
And done this evil in Your sight—
That You may be found just when You speak,
And blameless when You judge."

What matters is that we allow not that satanic nature to overcome us, as it continually assaults to corrupt. We may rest in our beds in the glory of Jesus before sleep, only to rise the next morning in lustful anger.

" Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity,
And in sin my mother conceived me."

Victory comes as we choose death to this way of ours, to be consumed by His painful fire, and to do so, we must confess and forsake, as "this body of death" is subjugated and slain by him, and we are delivered. I think of Cain, and the great danger if we refuse these admonitions from the Holy One.

"Then the LORD said to Cain, “Why are you angry? And why has your countenance fallen? If you do well, will not your countenance be lifted up?

And if you do not do well, sin is crouching at the door; and its desire is for you, but you must master it.”

I am guilty multiple times over, each day, and as you, identify this wicked way in me, confess it, and forsake it, as I ask the Father to look upon me pure and Holy, as he views me Under the Blood of my Redeemer. The other part is humbling yourself to reconcile with your brother.

It is a pride-slayer to do so, and it seems that your response has been exemplary and inspirational. When I heard you were gone, I cried out WHY?...and now I know. I am glad you are yet around. We need men like you Andrew. Please continue in your Humility; as it is a source of great authority, as also an example.

2012/4/27 9:37

Thank you for your encouragement.

Andrew

2012/4/27 15:26
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:

We are blessed to read your post and hear your heart dear brother. We all have so much pride to deal with and it is wonderful when the Lord through any circumstances deals with these hidden issues. God's testimony is at stake in our life's the church, and any ministry that bears the name of the Lord in spirit and truth.

May God continue to make you a burning and shining light for him as you submit to His Lordship and allow the life of Christ to come through your posts to others. May we all grow in our humility to learn of others and share the meekness and love of Christ with others without agendas. We have no rights of our own because we have been bought with the precious blood of Christ. He owns us and it is a wonderful owning. I pray I can have the same humility and honesty in my heart to confess my pride when the Lord reveals it in my actions in this community.

Bless you brother.

2012/4/27 15:35Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy