SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : On leaving the "institutional" church

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Think about it long enough, and you may develop a thought deeper than a Fox News sound bite.

2012/4/24 22:11Profile
pilgrim777

Re:

Jimmy,

Your friend's article was not even spiritual. It was earthy, fleshly. He does not even deal with the "spirit" in many Institutional Churches that pretty much tells Christ to "shutup, this is my show". It may not happen in his church and that is fine, but for him to not deal with this on a spiritual level and just deal with it on a fleshly level as you are doing right now with your comments about FoxNews, white middle class people, is very sad.

I will be glad to give him another hearing.

Pilgrim

2012/4/24 22:17Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Read the essay again, and I think you will discover a man who is stretched somewhere between heaven in earth in his wrestling.

2012/4/24 22:21Profile
pilgrim777

Re:

Jimmy,

Please! I read it slowly, very slowly.

Now, if you have something specific, just state it.

Thanks,
Pilgrim

2012/4/24 22:24Profile

Re:

Jimmy,
Forgive me for getting off the thread subject, but I am very curious - what is your testimony?
Blessings & Peace,
Jeff
Also, is Jimmy your real name? Why "King" Jimmy?

2012/4/24 22:49

Re: On leaving the "institutional" church

We don't need Mormons, Muslims or Masons to devour the Church / fellow Christians, when we have post replies such as these.

This is outrageous. For the first time in almost 30 yrs, The LORD gave me a green light to "join a "institutional church" because of the caliber of the pastor that calls himself - "Dan" only. Never once "pastor" and he's got the elders and the deacons Over him, though the man is a spiritual head from The LORD and there isn't a doubt about it. He lets the Holy Spirit guide him. He may even be a pastor/prophet/evangelist but he would never believe that if I ever told him.
Because it's an organized church - they're able to support over 50 missionary families, world wide and build non-profit nursing homes where the workers can share Christ freely and reach out with help and evangelism to the whole County... while the house churches I know of, sit around in living rooms, not reaching out to their communities and complaining about the 'organized' Church.
Give us all a break - please!

2012/4/24 23:19
noone

United States

Re:

IMO... there cannot be blanket statements made concerning people "in church" or "out of church" I personally don't care for either of those terms to describe my life in Jesus.

The building and doing things different is not the heart of the problem. The heart of the problem is the heart, the inward motives of man/woman.

Still not sure what being white, middle class and Fox news has to do with the heart of man?

2012/4/25 0:19Profile

Re:

noone, I have some dear Friends in house churches and I agree with what you've said. It's our heart's motives.

If I were to critique this young pastor, it would be to say, Stay away from Brian McLaren and don't use that "s" word. It's offensive.

Otherwise, I think he's just trying to make his case of why he's not coming out of his denomination and has probably dealt with the folks that argue that the organized church is not Christian at all. It sounded to me as though he had faced that ridicule as well.

I take it that he's young and that the other parts may be just human emotions coming out. I think everyone here has had days when our humanity displays itself in emotions or have been not quite 'perfect' in our choice of words when bordering on or getting emotionally involved.

As it turns out, RobertW just posted a good Article - "The Example and The Departure" that's worth a read.

GOD Bless!!

2012/4/25 0:45
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Jeff wrote:

Quote:

Jimmy,
Forgive me for getting off the thread subject, but I am very curious - what is your testimony?
Blessings & Peace,
Jeff
Also, is Jimmy your real name? Why "King" Jimmy?

I'll gladly share. First, yes, my name is really Jimmy. And I go by "King Jimmy," because in my first year at Bible college, I wasn't very good at quoting the Scriptures. Once we were debating a topic in class, and I quoted something from the Bible. One of the students asked, "Um, what translation was that?" To which I replied, "The King Jimmy Version." Everybody laughed. After that, many people at school began to call me "King Jimmy."

*** edited ***

2012/4/25 21:56Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

*** I have re-posted my testimony in another thread so as not to distract from this one *** edited ***

2012/4/26 7:31Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy