SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Food Stamp Usage Jumps 70 Percent; Highest It's Ever Been

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Food Stamp Usage Jumps 70 Percent; Highest It's Ever Been

The number of people using Food Stamps has jumped 70 percent in the last four years, the Congressional Budget Office reported. In 2011 alone, 45 million people received government assistance.

Food Stamp usage is expected to increase until 2014, said the CBO, because by 2014 the economy is expected to turn around and improve. As it stands, the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) spent $72 billion last year, which is a $30 billion increase from 2007.

Those numbers are incredibly high and reflect the poor economy, the CBO stated in a new report. ...

read more: http://www.christianpost.com/news/food-stamps-70-percent-increase-highest-its-ever-been-73723/

2012/4/24 12:41Profile

Re: Food Stamp Usage Jumps 70 Percent; Highest It's Ever Been

Not wanting to go off topic, but someone asked about the monetary system in Canada but I can't find that thread where that was asked.

I read that they're getting rid of their 'penny' and if one does a search on the "MintChip Canada" they'd find some info. There's a youtube video about it entitled, "MintChipChallenge".

On topic of this thread - this mess started in 2007 and the lid blew off in 2008 - when it affected me in a personal way, when my 90 yr old father that had worked up to 16 hrs a day, most of his life and with his aging yrs in mind, so that he "would never be a burden to his kids" - lost 60% of his retirement and was forced to move from his Total Living Center - that he bought into because it provided him with an independent apartment but would provide every level of care that he'd need down the road.
It happened right around his Birthday and the man that was always strong as nails, looked so gutted at his Birthday party, but only I knew at the time that he'd been hit so hard financially. And I had to try to hide the fact that I was down-right enraged and depressed for him at the same time.
Since then, we all have watched hard working people lose their homes and I'm reading a book now on Homelessness of those that never wanted to be.

There are illegal aliens and lazy, system abusers getting food stamps and then there's those who have been taken under by the lack of jobs since 2007-8. The welfare state was in the plan from the get-go - but an article that I read yesterday stated that the $$$ is going to run out.
Have you ever done a search on the term "useless eaters"?
The EBT card, that is used like a debit card for food-stamps, besides financial assistance, is issued by J.P. Morgan. That's a name that's worth a search as well - if you also type in WWII.
Welcome to the nwo. That means that He's Coming back in our generation and we should be honored to be considered worthy to live in a time such as this. We're a Strong bunch, Daniel & John wrote and we shouldn't forget that. The meek inherit the earth, in the end.
GOD Bless!!

2012/4/24 15:12
elias7291

Los Angeles

Re:

This is definetly a SIGN of the end things to come. Everything is being set up for the coming of the anti-christ.

This is the time when the church needs to awake and have a heart for the lost.

Lord helps us!

2012/4/24 15:18Profile
consecrateme

Texas

Re:

Illegal aliens do not receive snap benefits, just wanted to let you know, I was a caseworker.

2012/4/24 15:32Profile

Re:

How long ago, and in what State and then, what County?

2012/4/24 15:36
consecrateme

Texas

Re:

In Texas, a year ago but am still in the eligibility field so I am updated with any changes, and the guidelines have not changed.

2012/4/24 15:53Profile

Re: Food Stamp Usage Jumps 70 Percent; Highest It's Ever Been

I'm not trying to be a wise-guy, and I never was interested at all in Economics until it hit my Dad - though he's not on any State aid except SS - but this is from approx the same month that he was gutted, in 2008, in just one county, in one state in this country, $432 million a year went to illegal aliens in the form of food stamps and welfare benefits. This is just welfare and foodstamps for that county, not education, healthcare, etc.. Statistics from the Department of Public Social Services reveal that illegal aliens and their families in Los Angeles County collected nearly $37 million in welfare and food stamp allocations, announced Los Angeles County Supervisor Michael D. Antonovich. In August 2008, illegals collected over $19 million in welfare assistance and over $17 million in monthly food stamp allocations, for a projected annual cost of $432 million. Nearly twenty five percent of all welfare and food stamps benefits is going directly to the children of illegal aliens.
“Illegal immigration continues to have a devastating impact on Los Angeles County taxpayers,” said Antonovich. “Annually, the cost of illegal immigration to Los Angeles County taxpayers exceeds one billion dollars, which includes $220 million for public safety, $400 million for healthcare, and $432 million in welfare allocations. This does not include millions of dollars for education.”

2012/4/24 16:04
consecrateme

Texas

Re:

I'll just pm you...

2012/4/24 16:08Profile
consecrateme

Texas

Re:

I'm sorry haven't been on here for a while, I forgot how to pm someone. But the 1996 welfare reform, the Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act
addresses this issue.

2012/4/24 16:23Profile

Re:

Hi CM. As you can see from the previous post that the situation in L.A. is just one example dated from 2008. Food stamps are available to the children born here ["anchor babies"] of illegal alien parents.
Do I want them to starve? No. But if the system is being drained, which it is, it's factoring in for those that are citizens that have contributed taxes before their need came about and not just in California.

SNAP - "In 2008, the participation rate for non-citizens was 51% and the rate for citizen children living with non-citizen adults was 55% -"

http://www.fns.usda.gov/snap/government/pdf/Non-Citizen_Guidance_063011.pdf

http://www.examiner.com/article/the-children-of-illegal-aliens-anchor-babies-have-bankrupted-the-state-of-california

GOD Bless!

2012/4/24 22:54

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy