SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : a film i must reccomend-"Take Shelter"

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

a film i must reccomend-"Take Shelter"

i stumbled upon this quiet gem yesterday. i know SI is not the venue for "films", but there is something here, that i thought would resonate with many saints. let me post a review first, then the trailer, and you'll see why i posted this at all.

i watched the film, it had me watching intently, and then, at the end, it had me giving praise to God, our King, Master, Father and Savior:

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20111028/ENT02/110280320/1034/ent02/Review--%e2%80%98Take-Shelter%e2%80%99-reflects-contemporary-anxiety

trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5U4TtYpKIc

i could NOT, not share this with you all in Jesus' love, neil...or as Jesus said in Mark, "Don't be afraid, just believe".

2012/4/24 9:50
Trekker

northern USA

Re: a film i must reccomend-"Take Shelter"

Watched the trailer. Wasn't enough to impress me. Toward the end i was wondering if it was some kind of horror movie. Was wondering why anyone would think a guy crazy just because he is building a tornado shelter. But read the comments and apparently the movie is meant to be a commentary on seemingly rational people vs. seemingly crazy people. I guess the movie could be extrapolated in all sorts of ways from the sound of it.

2012/4/25 8:51Profile

Re:

its NOT a horror film, i dont watch "horror" films, coz they are the handiwork of the devil.

this film is much different than all that, some call it a "pyschological thriller"....its escapes any sort of description....its about an ordinary man, foreseeing EXTRAordinary events, whilst those around him, think he has gone insane. Thats a familiar Biblical rubric, wouldnt you say?

i wouldnt even deign to post up a film recco, that wouldnt stir followers of Jesus, to some sort of personal revelation.

we all see thru a glass darkly. watch it, dont watch it, i was just sharing, beloved, tis all. in Jesus' love, neil

2012/4/25 9:31
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings Neil

I watched the trailer first just wanting to see what the LORD might have for me from it, wrote down what I felt the LORD leading me and then I read the review :) Even after the review the things the LORD first showed me still linger.

First let me just say that I think many people would walk away from this seeing differing things. For me the LORD laid two things on my heart. The first was there is value in being ready, not so much on a physical level but on a spiritual one. JESUS told us to live every moment as if it were our last. To live waiting and ready for HIS return, the imagery of the possible approaching storm really made me think of that. At any moment JESUS will return am I ready?? Of course the world will attack and insult any who attempt to live for JESUS but we already know that as the LORD told us these things would happen. In the movie it seems the lead character encounters this as well, his behavior changes, those around him do not understand why so they attack him. I think any believer who has abandoned all to live for CHRIST can relate and understand what that is like.

The second thing that I saw was I must keep my faith in JESUS, truth is I could prepare I could agonize and worry about the very real approaching storm(although we do not know when) but if I am not walking with HIM it will consume me and drive me mad. There is a storm coming and it will be unlike any have ever seen but I can not be caught up in fearful living I must remain in HIM. I can live my life daily in HIM and be ready according to HIS leading but as soon as I go off on my own to "prepare" I will be doomed. I could see this movie being used to cause some to reflect on their life and take stock of what truly matters.

Thanks Neil
God Bless
mj

2012/4/25 9:57Profile

Re:

MJ, dear sister, i couldnt have said it better.

i'm taking a break from chores, and where i live, its a population density of 7 people per sq mile, God answered my prayer, hid me away.........what comes next?????

don't know, we live by Faith.

2012/4/25 13:12
Zionshield

Ohio

Re: a film i must reccomend-"Take Shelter"

When I went to you-tube there were other videos there that were ungodly and filthy. In addition I went to the website for the film and would have gotten a virus if it hadn't been blocked. ...So be careful when you check into this film.

2012/4/25 15:20Profile

Re:

a virus from a film that won the critic's grand prize at Cannes?.......i dont think so, and as far as the right hand bar on the youtube page being "ungodly and filthy", i dont mean to offend stumble anyone, its like driving thru any town, there is much ungodless everywhere.

watch the film, dont watch the film

2012/4/25 17:17
Trekker

northern USA

Re:

So was/is this a Christian movie then? Was it produced by Christians? I didnt get enough of anything out of the trailer to feel i know anything at all about this movie but all the comments sound so intriguing....

2012/4/25 19:19Profile
Zionshield

Ohio

Re:

May the Lord bless you HezWelling with His grace and manifest presence. May His desires be yours. I hope you have a great weekend with Him. Love is the air in the kingdom.

2012/4/27 22:44Profile

Re:

Hey MJ, the phrase you used about the coming storm reminded me of another movie. Two things I know about the movie, it wont makes Cannes :) And the director loves Jesus :) http://youtu.be/mmJQ46nDn04

2012/4/28 0:41

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy