SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Are my childhood pets in heaven?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

I agree with you all except Jimmy... lol

I believe that when God creates the New Heaven and the New Earth animals will be included, that it will be like in the days of the Garden of Eden, Man will have dominion over the animals.

Now if this is true my only real question after that is will there be mosquisto and flies to bother us on the New Earth LOL!

2012/4/22 16:15Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Now if this is true my only real question after that is will there be mosquisto and flies to bother us on the New Earth LOL!

what really gets my mind spinning is were flies and mosquito created to bother humans or was that a result of the fall? For example did the mosquito bite before the fall or was that a result because of it??? :)

God bless
mj

2012/4/22 16:26Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

I'm not 100% sure on the fall thing, I do know that our Ecosystem is very delicate in terms of the food chain. My guess is God made the mosquitos and flies to feed other animals like frogs. Flies also help in breaking down food and dead things :) Side effect being we as humans are bugged by them.

I actually had this pet discussion with a friend who had a family pet die and a youth pastor who insensitively said they would never see them again because animals aren't in heaven. Which I guess goes to my second question, what do we tell someone greiving the lose of a pet?

2012/4/23 6:55Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

I believe the new earth will be populated with newly created animals, just as it will be populated with newly created trees. Unless, you want to argue that trees are going to be resurrected too?

Seriously, on Scriptural basis do you believe animals would be resurrected? If animals are to be resurrected, I think an argument could be better made that they would be damned for eternity than spend eternity in the kingdom of God. They, after all, are under the curse that brought about death into this world. Adam's fall effected them. Jesus Christ didn't die for animals, did he?

Of course, I would never argue animals are damned. I just believe tha when they die, they die, and that's it. They are no different spiritually than trees. Why would animals be resurrected? Does 1 Corinthians 15 not teach that the dead shall be raised to the newness of resurrection glory because they are reaping the Spirit's activities in their lives? My question is how does such work for dogs, who are devoid of the Holy Spirit? And if dogs, what about sharks? What about trees? What about insects?

2012/4/23 7:32Profile
jochbaptist

Re:

Another trait that animals share with humans, is that they too can be deceived. My dog believes it/she is human .....

2012/4/23 7:32Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

I believe we are on the same page Jimmy, I am only presenting the question for discussion sake. And because as a father I will evemtually have to have some kind of answer when Fido or fluffy bites the bullet.

I would still like to explore the idea of pets making it to heaven. Their entrance being based on ignorance perhaps? Also we see in genesis God commissions Adam charge over all things that have the Breath of Life in it. Where did this breath come from? Obviously God. The same breath Adam received in his nostrils the difference being Adam was in the Image of his Creator. I would also argue that Christ redeemed not only man but the whole world. John 3:16 For God so Loved the "World" He sent his Only Begotten Son. We are also Christ inheritance and with man comes the earth and everything we have charge over.

I really exploring this side of the argument but like you agree it's unlikely. Iron sharpens Iron though eh? lol

2012/4/23 7:58Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

I am not a father. But I think you could be honest with them and tell them the bible doesn't say what happens to dogs when they die, but reassure the child that whatever has happened to the dog, the dog is in the arms of Jesus. I would see such as Biblically accurate and appropriate in comforting, and doing so without creating a false sense of hope, or saying something that would not be Biblically accurate.

2012/4/23 9:08Profile
Solomon101

America's Heartand

Re:

Another way to look at this...

There is not a single scripture that in ANY way indicates that God can not or will not decide to breath life back into a pet and allow it into eternity with its owner. Indeed He very well may! There is nothing in scripture to indicate he can't or won't. If as God's child I would like to see my pet in the next world then there isn't a scrap of scripture that says God can't or won't do it.

According to your faith be it unto you.

Blessings!

2012/4/23 11:13Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy