SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Are my childhood pets in heaven?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
mguldner

Kansas

Are my childhood pets in heaven?

This question was posed on a forum that I sometimes frequent thought it could be interesting to discuss. :)

My only real question based off of this one is, Is there any biblical evidence of ANY animals in heaven? Not necessarily dead pets.

Also is telling children they'll see Fido in heaven just a parents way to pacify a crying child? If so is it right to say?

Just thought I would keep us on our toes this morning ;)

2012/4/22 8:26Profile
Trekker

northern USA

Re: Are my childhood pets in heaven?

Of course there is evidence there are animals in Heaven. : ) Does not the scripture state that Jesus will return with His saints and the armies of Heaven, riding all on white horses.Where do you think those horses are kept?

And does not the scripture state that the lion will someday lie down with the lamb? While that may not be referring to Heaven it at least allows for animals to continue in the NEW Earth. And I'm confident that God can resurrect our dead pets just as He can resurrect us, if we ask.

Furthermore, there are many "odd" creatures already in Heaven, the descriptions of which make me think of some kind of (celestial) animal.

I'm so glad you raised this question. I had many different pets as a child, and mourned their deaths greatly. I believe that any animal that can feel emotion has a soul (of a different type than humans). Animals such as dogs, horses, and elephants have been observed to demonstrate signs of grief and sadness. I do not believe that sharks or fish or snakes have souls however. Just my opinion.

2012/4/22 9:34Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re: Are my childhood pets in heaven?

Animals were not created in the image of God. They do not sow spiritual and eternal things. Therefore they don't reap eternal things. When an animal dies, it is no more.

2012/4/22 9:57Profile

Re:

1Co 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. [Isa 64:4]

I don't believe our pets are in Heaven, they return to the dust - but I do believe that when GOD re-creates earth - that He 'can' reunite us with our pets.
Why would he repopulate the world with a whole new bunch of animals when HE is Good and understands the love between a pet and a human being - as He used Nathan to speak an analogy of a "pet lamb" to David, regarding David's sin and what was David's reaction to just the stealing of a pet lamb?
I and so many others have had pets when I was sick or very alone, that GOD has used in miraculous ways. I believe the verse above can also mean that, we have no idea how Wonderful things will be, future tense as well, in the new earth after he destroys the present ...

2Pe 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

Rom 8:19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
Rom 8:20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
Rom 8:21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
Rom 8:22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
Rom 8:23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

Personally, I'm sick of debating and don't give a hoot who doesn't like what I just posted because I feel that The LORD gave me this when I lost my "best friend".

:p

2012/4/22 13:04
raggamuffin

Re: My Princess (family dog)

God is the Creator of all things is He not?
And just as He created the heavens and the earth, beast of the land, fish in the sea, birds of the air, and all manner of creepy crawlies-it does not specifically say in His word that they have a spirit or soul. WE (man) have dominion over them, and they were created for us and the earth to remain abundant and rich in natural resources.

Now I do not argue that a pet cannot have/show emotion;some are simply better then others, it is all dependent upon their I.Q and what circumstances they have experienced.

What explanation will I give when our much loved dog passes away...I am not going to pretend to know about the spiritual realm or pets, as I have not experienced it firsthand, nor have I had a Holy Spirit revelation.

My answer to a child would then be simply put...when you see God for yourself, ask Him where Princess has gone.

2012/4/22 13:12Profile

Re: You made me laugh!

Quote:
I'm sick of debating and don't give a hoot who doesn't like what I just posted because I feel that The LORD gave me this when I lost my "best friend".

I had to laugh at this Brother. After all the verses which you shared supporting a more compassionate view of the creature. It was funny. Bless You.

2012/4/22 13:36
jimp

Re:

hi,when they were searching heaven for one that could open the book it was described that all the animals from above the asrth and below were there.

2012/4/22 14:05Profile

Re:

Thanks, Brother Andrew. A merry heart maketh good like a medicine and the joy of The LORD 'is' our strength.
I also figure that, when I See HIM, it won't matter, but for now - it's just a comforting or nice thought.
I read & hear a lot of News in a day and comforting or nice thoughts are Nice and so is a dose of His joy in the midst.

Bless you in return.

Your sis

2012/4/22 14:13
rbanks

Re:

yea when you see your pets in heaven they will be able to talk to you then.

2012/4/22 14:34Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Double post for no reason :-S

2012/4/22 16:15Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy