SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Judgements of God

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
dkr777

Judgements of God

And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment. Hebrews 9:27

I've been thinking lately about the "judgements of God" after listening to Ravenhill's sermon.

How many judgements are their in scripture that God talks about and who will be at which? What is the purpose of both?

Thanks.
dkr777

2012/4/20 18:07Profile

Re: Judgements of God

Judgments vary depending on the subject in question. The judgment you are referring to, takes place after the resurrection. Some will be resurrected to eternal life and others will be burnt and got out of the way.

This doesn't occur immediately, there's a judgment of 100 years for each individual to live and learn the way to true peace, joy and abundant living under the body of the Holy Priesthood, "the Elect" and by the authority of our High Priest and King Yahshua Messiah. This judgment takes place after the millennium rule.

Hallelu-Yahweh
Praise

2012/4/20 20:39
brothagary

Re:

well the bible says ,that there is a resarection of the just who will escape the wrath of god ,and a resarection of damnation ,these will be all who ever lived on the earth whos names are not writern in the lambs book of life

resarection of damnation ,,,souls will be brought back to life sufer damnation in the presence of the lamb in a place called the lake of fire ,,where the beast and false prohert are ,and the smoke of there torment asends for ever and ever ,,,,,this is as jesus said where the worm dieth not ,and fire is not quenched ,where there will weeping and gnathing of teath of the damded dead ones

evalastingly destroyed is the condition of these poor wrecthed souls ,, the broken souls of the resarection of damnation ,,kept in outer darkness for there rebelion

theres also judment here now on the earth in many forms

groups of people givern over to earthly lusts to do what is not fitting ,is said to be a judment of god

lampstands ,which is the holy spirit being taken out of churches is judment

satan being let loose on the earth is a judgment of god

what ephah is saying is not bibilcalat all

lets stick to the bible

2012/4/20 21:22Profile

Re:

Quote:
what ephah is saying is not bibilcalat all

Even though he didn't list his references he's quoting from Revelation 20.

He was not wrong or un-Biblical that there will be a judgement period after the 1000 year reign of Christ on earth. The Bible says so in the aforementioned chapter.

2012/4/20 21:56

Re:

EverestoSama---thanks for listing those references, I didn't know the chapters of the top of my head thanks.

Praise Yahweh

2012/4/20 22:03
brothagary

Re:

brother puting a time span of 100 years is not in the bible ,,,and saying that those who are doomed to hell just get burnt up , is not what the bible teaches

2012/4/21 2:11Profile

Re: Judgements of God

The day I realised that every element of the universe is in God's hand....that He has appointed times and seasons for all things....that He has set the compass of the earth and the heavens obey His commands...I rejoiced. For the first time in many years of knowing these things in the inner witness, I discovered that they attend to actual physical things. Even our own bodies.

The Scripture "it is given unto everyman to die once, then cometh judgement" is just as real in physicality as it is in Spirit and Truth. On the one hand it is true because God has said it so. On the other it is true for every soul of man in their personal experience. It belongs to God and at the same time every one of us will physically taste the reality of it.

As to what judgement one ought to be looking for as saints, this has to do with your own conduct. If we sin and do so for the love of self and the fleshy benefit which sin brings to a man, then we ought to look with a fearful expectation to the Lord's return. If we are willing to reckon with sin; to take account of its power working in us, then we will no doubt accept God's estimation of all flesh. The only remedy is the cross of Christ and our part in it.

This too must be an actual real and physical thing. God has esteemed all flesh as unprofitable to Him, regardless of our best efforts. So as it is written "By His doing you are in Christ Jesus Who became to us, both the wisdom of God, Righteousness, Sanctification and Redemption. (Corinthian Letter). We are none of these things in our selves, but Christ is become all of these things to us through obedience unto death, even the death of the Cross. His obedience, our benefit.

I realise that there are judgments of distinction made in the Scriptures. But I prefer to lay hold of that which is already a reality in time and place. If I am looking for a future judgement it concerns the Lord Jesus and His soon coming again. I know already in this very hour whether I truly fear Him, or whether I prefer myself. Judging ones self is the better judgement.

2012/4/21 6:33

Re:

Quote:
brother puting a time span of 100 years is not in the bible ,,,and saying that those who are doomed to hell just get burnt up , is not what the bible teaches

The idea comes from a VERY loose translation of the Hebrew word קָלַל (qalal) in Isaiah 65:20 that I personally don't agree with, and I'm sure theEphah can and will speak for himself on this matter. But he didn't pull the number out of nowhere.

2012/4/21 10:17

Re:

Quote:

here is the corresponding scripture:

"There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed." (Isa 65:20)

Obviously a child is not a child if they are a hundred years old, but one who is child-like is blessed with the inheritance of the kingdom...

2012/4/21 10:20
brothagary

Re:

wow that is a loose interpratation endeed

i dont think it is a good idea for me to coment on that

after the resarection of the just there will be no more death of the just ,,,,,, so to say that the just are the child like ones ,and then after 100 years they will die is realy against the concept of the resarection

blessings

2012/4/21 18:52Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy