SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Frank Volia discussion thread deleted and how to move forward..

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
The reason why Greg took it down was in these few short lines.

If we can expand our minds just a bit further to include the fact that we have thousands of people worldwide that are looking in on these threads every day, if they see us bickering, backbiting, condemning people, etc.. what kind of a testimony is this site projecting? Furthermore, if we condemn like that be sure that we will turn on ourselves with the same.

I commend the brother for doing what he felt necessary to get rid of such stuff, it's not becoming as brothers and sisters to do such things. If anyone wants to do that sort of thing, then by all means find a site that does that and throw stones all day if they like. But it should not be done here.

I feel this brother has really caught the spirit in which I was doing this. I did after better review consider the articles about frank viola to be less constructive then I thought they would be. It is fine to talk about the aspects in the book and then quote a source but to try and demean or undermine the "man" and not the "message" is a wrong way to handle discussions on these forums.

There is a time for warning the church of errors but I would say the most effective platform is from one who has walked with God has credibility with many, who has already wept and prayed over the situation, has approached the individual in love and meekness first, these are just a few steps that one should take before publicly accusing of character flaws or other things one can not be sure of.

May all be done in the Spirit of Christ for the glory of Christ. We must be more focused on our own walks with the Lord not with defaming others. I am sure if most of us were able to sit down and have a conversation with this brother you would be surprised how much you would agree with him.

We are locking this thread and ask that these things be heeded. thank you brethren.

--

We also ask anyone who has "serious" questions to contact brother Viola personally on his blog: http://frankviola.org/

2012/4/25 18:45Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy