Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Contemporary Christian Music

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
alanrepent

Re:

Quote:

Mostly when I think of this style of music I am not able to distinguish if the object of the affection sang about is a girlfriend, boyfriend, spouse, your pet, or God Almighty?

amen

2005/2/6 14:14Profile
Tears_of_joy

Re:

Quote:
i used to be involved in ccm. had a little "christian" band. that was before i was born again. i thought i was christian for four years, but did stuff like this. as a whole, it is not of God, brethren. it is about the people on stage. here is a picture of my old man i just dug up today.

Alan, brother, you are giving great testemony.

2005/2/6 15:36Profile

Re:

Musical styles dont bother me. What bothers me is that most people believe it's ministry... and while ministry does happen at some concerts, it isnt thru the music, but thru the preaching of God's Word. I remember back in the 80's and early 90's Mylon LeFevre (who has since gone off the deep end into Word of Faith) used to play music for an hour... and then preach for 45 minutes. That NEVER happens anymore.

So my contention is this... why do people deceive themselves by calling it ministry when in fact it is ENTERTAINMENT? Sure, God does reach people thru CCM. But most of the motivation behind the musicians SEEMS to be entertainment. (I say "SEEMS to be" because we cant throw everyone involved into the same boat) ALL the motivation behind the corporate aspects of it is MONEY.

Once money got involved, and once almost 99% of CCM become controlled by secular record companies, we started to see a decline in the value of CCM. Not to mention the artistic and creative level of it drop off almost completely. CCM today is awful.. musically speaking. I cant stand it.

Krispy

2005/2/7 8:39
tedlock

Michigan

Re:

Amen brother Alan

www.godlychristianmusic.com Here is a website with wholehearted Godly music by brothers and sisters in Christ who have only one ambition for the music they sing, to be pleasing to God (it's free not for "filthy lucre") "Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him." 2 Cor 5:9

2005/2/8 0:09Profile
hredii

Fresno CA

Re:

Quote:

tedlock wrote:
www.godlychristianmusic.com Here is a website with wholehearted Godly music by brothers and sisters in Christ who have only one ambition for the music they sing, to be pleasing to God (it's free not for "filthy lucre") "Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him." 2 Cor 5:9

Thank you for the link Jim!
I have been longing for music like this!
I especially like the kids singing, the Fournier family.

Everyone that loves simple Godly music that edifies check this site out.

2005/2/8 19:33Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy