SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : We are commanded to judge!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
Krispy, since I know you so well I do understand where you're coming from. I know you care about the Lord's commands and you believe in protecting the "sheep". What Robert and Chanin said above is so true though. I think when we (Body of Christ) speak against sin, it can't be just because we are going "by the Book"..........there has to be a great grieving towards those who are lost in their sin or deceived in sin. Our ultimate goal must always be for reconcilation and restoration. Unfortunately, on the internet many cannot see the "grieving" of the person typing. They just know they don't like their words. I'm a pretty matter of fact person, like you, so I know people get offended by me. The thing is, people who are offended, don't see my stomach in knots. This is not a good medium for clear communication-----especially with heartfelt concerns. I know you are speaking from the heart----though you ex Marines are a bit rough around the edges---unlike us ex Air Force people---gentle souls that we are

Hey Cindy... good to see you hop in.

I really dont have any problem with anyone's responses here. It only took a day or so of cruising this site to see that most folks are serious about the Word of God. I was inspired to start this thread because I had a private IM conversation with a brother on this site who had a real emotional tirade concerning something I said. I stand beside what I said, and I honestly believe I said it boldly, but not offensively. However, this person seems to label anyone who would critique his doctrines as hateful, spiteful and judgemental (and he used the old "Do not touch the Lord's annointed" line on me). The purpose of this thread is to point out that it is not a hateful thing to expose error.

Am I rough around the edges? Yea... and God's been smoothing some of that out. I've a long ways to go. However, people need to not be so quick to be offended or hurt.

And you're correct, sometimes intentions and motivations do get lost in the words when the reader is the one who interprets what your saying through whatever glasses they happen to be wearing.

Krispy

2005/2/7 9:18

Re:

Cindy... by the way... did you know we're expecting a baby anyday? This will be our fourth son. ...my wife has given up on having a girl.

Krispy

2005/2/7 9:32
moreofHim

Re: fourth child

Quote:
did you know we're expecting a baby anyday? This will be our fourth son.

Wow, congratulations to you and your wife! How wonderful to have another child to glorify the Lord. May you all be blessed!

In Him, Chanin

2005/2/7 9:45Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Hey Krisp,

You're all right brother. That line is 'old' and cleverly misplaced.

Quote:
Am I rough around the edges? Yea... and God's been smoothing some of that out. I've a long ways to go. However, people need to not be so quick to be offended or hurt.

Is true of many of us, all the iron sharpening can produce flying slivers sometimes. Here is a great message that I think is applicable for everyone:

Blessedness of the Unoffended
T. Austin Sparks

[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=3196&forum=31#24727]http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=3196&forum=31#24727[/url]

And by the way do let us know when your gift arrives!

2005/2/7 10:04Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy