SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Support : mp3 Tags?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
richrock

UK

mp3 Tags?

I'm just curious - Many of the mp3's I download don't seem to have the proper artist/title tags and I've had to add them in. Is this the fault of the person uploading, or is i removed during the upload and renaming or is it something else I'm missing? ( I don't know how this works )

I tend to listen on Windows media player, and also on a windows phone - practically all come up as no artist and no title.

If that's the way it is, fine - I will just have to keep with editing them in the mp3 tag editor I use. just wondering if I'm missing a trick, because trying to find a sermon which is only labelled SID34039.mp3 is a bit obscure and hard. I could listen to it again :-)

It's still a blessing to use this, and I've got over a hundred sermons which have all blessed me incredibly. Keep up the good work anyway!

2012/4/17 10:39Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: mp3 Tags?

Quote:
I'm just curious - Many of the mp3's I download don't seem to have the proper artist/title tags and I've had to add them in. Is this the fault of the person uploading, or is i removed during the upload and renaming or is it something else I'm missing? ( I don't know how this works )

This has been a project to fix and get IDE tags for all the sermons. At this point we have not had time to work on this but this is a consideration. Thanks for your patience towards this. Because sermon index is a free resource we ask people take the time right now to download the files, rename them and also add the IDE tags info if they need it. This is a little price to pay to access freely some of the best materials.

But we also want to offer the best service to the body of Christ as possible and God willing will be able to add these automatically in the future! thanks for your comment and question.

2012/4/17 12:35Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy