SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : the carnal christan doctrine herecy

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Ooooh. :) Good. I got worried with that wee bit that I quoted.

Quote:
when the time of the getiles is over at the season that god chooses ,all gentile grafted branches ,THAT DID NOT PRODUCE good fruit ,will be conidered bad branches and cut from the vine ,,then god will turn again to the jews ,and graft in the natural branches ,and those that that take and graft in to the vine in a sufishet manner and bare fruit ,will remain

Yes, horticulture. Reminds me of Luke 8 with the sower of the seed and what we do with that seed in our hearts and Matt 13 & 25 [etc], in that, it's the branches that don't 'abide' in the vine by their own choice and not the fault of the husbandman that grafted them in or had sown the seed.

'Thank you' for taking the time to expand your thoughts, Brother.
Appreciated!

2012/4/16 9:46

Re:

I hadn't been to this site below in a number of years.
Just listened to the Introduction to 1Corinthians so far. Seemed pretty good - though I wondered if he judges poor sad Jeremiah by his "happy fruits".
Anyhow - it's a weekly [Thursday] live Bible Study by Chip Brogden but the past weeks stay up for catch up.
They're up to 1Corth 3 with 4 coming this week.

http://theschoolofchrist.org/mp3/1corinthians-intro.html

Does anyone know what happened to all of the messages that he used to have up on his Site? There were a very many but they appear to be gone.

GOD Bless!

2012/4/16 13:27
brothagary

Re:

your welcome ,no i dont no what happend to them ,,but you will more then likly find him on you tube ,or from there own church web site ,,,,,,blessings ,,im off to work its neary 530 in the morning have a good day///////

2012/4/16 15:17Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Brother,

I just wanted to let you know that posting to outside sermons from sermon index is not encouraged from these forums. This is for many reasons but namely to prevent abuse. I hope this helps for future reference.

It is a good subject of discussion though and I trust it will bear fruit.

2012/4/16 15:23Profile

Re:

Quote:
When we concern ourselves with THEM it tends to exalt US in our own eyes, but our concern is not with THEM, it is with US. When we see and deal with that which is in US, enough more of that which is in US will be shown to US so that we have a neverending supply to deal with, before we ever have to concern ourselves with THEM.

Waiting for you to practice what you've written above. I also doubt that you "listened" to Albert Martin's messages.
Quote:
Of course he did, and included himself in the condemnation so that Christ alone would be glorified.

Was Martin Luther doctrinally sound in all his beliefs? Anyone with an ounce of knowledge of Church History could answer that.

We're to form our doctrine from the Whole of The Word of GOD Only.
The Whole of the New Testament contradicts your belief that Paul was speaking in the present tense about himself rather than figuritively in Romans 7, as Wesley, just for one, brings out .... but you choose to believe it so that you can continue on with that belief as an excuse for your behavior and to continue to cause the Biblically weak to stumble. By making Paul out to be "a slave to sin - carnal and sold under sin" you've contradicted ALL else that he and all the of the other books of the New Testament state, and by doing that you have made yourself an outcast. Also because, when we spoke on other threads last year about "obeying GOD and His Word because we Love Him" - You came against us all for that - So it's no surprise that these two sermons in the OP would 'bother' you enough for you to feel the need to post onto this thread and against these messages - as the sermons expose what you attack most ... "What is Written".

Do you truly believe that you're gaining a following here? You may get a few truly carnal ones to join you - but as long as there's some here with a caring heart for the young in Christ - someone will always expose your deceptions.

2012/4/16 16:26

Re:

Thank you, Brother Gary.

2012/4/16 16:32

Re:

JIG
I am not here to gain a following. If I was here to do that I would play all nicey-nicey and fill people with flattery, but as you can plainly see, that is not the case.

Are you carnal JIG?

OJ

2012/4/16 19:30
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Quote: By making Paul out to be "a slave to sin - carnal and sold under sin" you've contradicted ALL else that he and all the of the other books of the New Testament state

Rom 7:9 Once I was alive apart from law; but when the commandment came, sin sprang to life and I died.

So when exactly was Paul alive?

What does Paul say he clearly stated that we were all spiritually dead in our sin in Ephesians 2:1-3.

2 Corinthians 4:14 For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead:

1 John 5:12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

Are not Jew and Gentile all dead in sin because we didn't have the Son?

So when exactly was Paul alive?

Edited for spelling

2012/4/16 19:42Profile
Dlight

Re:

Dear Old-Joe and murrcolr,

I believe I see the disconnect between you and mama27. I agree with you completely, and yet I agree with her.

I think it might be in the way you're using/understanding the word 'carnal'. I have found that there are two ways in which people use this word:

1.Predisposed to sin by nature and by virtue of being in the flesh; sold under sin. (I believe this is how you're defining carnal) Like you said, this is true of ALL men, including believers, for all are selfish, proud, given to folly and debate, lust etc.

2.Living in a lifestyle of constant UNREPENTED sin.(mama's definition) This is not true long-term for a believer. You mentioned that even Saul was uncomfortable with his sin. Yes, sin makes everyone uncomfortable because of its consequences. Everyone is afraid of tarnishing their reputation, death, shame, getting caught etc., but not everyone is REPENTANT. The key word here is 'repentant', not uncomfortable. It is God himself who leads the believer in the path of repentance; so it is impossible, by definition, for a believer to live indefinitely in constant known unrepented sin without the discipline of God.

So, in conclusion, every christian is carnal, and yet every christian is not carnal.

My two cents. I hope this helps in resolving the differences.

Dlight.

2012/4/16 20:45Profile

Re:

Double post

2012/4/16 23:04

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy