SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Coming of Jesus

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
budgie

The Coming of Jesus

God has of late really impressed on my heart concerning the misuse and misunderstanding of this scripture, God has been taking me on a journey opening this scripture and understanding Pauls letter in a simple and truthful way.

The letter was addressed to the Thessalonians and also applies to us today and addresses the concerns that the Christians had and still have today concerning the coming of our Saviour and our gathering together to him in which Paul included himself (the rapture of the saints )

I have used the LITERAL TRANSLATION for these verses and have provided the Greek translation as used in the Old King James.

2Th 2:1 And, brothers, we entreat you, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and of our gathering together to Him,
2Th 2:2 for you not to be quickly shaken in the mind, nor to be disturbed, neither through a spirit, nor through speech, nor through letter, as through us, as if the Day of Christ has come.

THIS WAS SPOKEN OF IN TIMOTHY

(2Ti_2:18 WhoG3748 concerningG4012 theG3588 truthG225 have erred,G795 sayingG3004 that theG3588 resurrectionG386 is pastG1096 already;G2235 andG2532 overthrowG396 theG3588 faithG4102 of some.G5100)

2Th 2:3 Do not let anyone deceive you in any way, because that Day will not come unless first comes the falling away, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition,
2Th 2:4 the one opposing and exalting himself over everything being called God, or object of worship, so as for him "to sit in the temple of God" as God, setting forth himself, that he is God. Dan. 11:36; Eze. 28:2
2Th 2:5 Do you not remember that I told you these things, I yet being with you?
2Th 2:6 And now you know the thing holding back, for him to be revealed in his time.
(Paul said to the Thesallonians in verse 5 that he had already told them these same things when he was previously with them that the coming of Jesus that Day will not come unless first comes the falling away, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition,
the one opposing and exalting himself over everything being called God, or object of worship, so as for him "to sit in the temple of God" as God, setting forth himself, that he is God. Dan. 11:36; Eze. 28:2 ) .
It is not that the Son of Perdition is in control more that God has prophecied what will happen before Christs return and those things must be fulfilled.
The Son of Perdition will be revealed before Christ comes to destroy him.

2Th 2:6 And now you know the thing holding back, for him to be revealed in his time.
2Th 2:7 For the mystery of lawlessness already is working, only he is holding back now, until it comes out of the midst.
AS YOU CAN SEE IN VERSE 6 THE SON OF PERDITION WILL BE REVEALED IN HIS TIME AND IN VERSE 7 THE MYSTERY OF LAWLESSNESS IS HOLDING BACK UNTIL IT COMES OUT OF THE MIDST.

There is only one HE being talked about in these verses and that is the Son of Perdition, the Lawless One
( There is confusion with who this he is and some say that the he is the Holy Spirit,) The HOLY SPIRIT IS NOT MENTIONED ANYWHERE IN THE 2 THESS2;1-8
When you open the scripture at any point in the Bible and there is a he word used {WHICH IS A PRONOUN AND WHERE A PRONOUN IS USED THE PERSON HAS ALWAYS BEEN CLEARLY IDENTIFIED{ this is referring to a specific person that has already been shown in the prior verse or verses exactly the same with our English grammar an example is as follows;)

EXAMPLES

Luk 24:3 And they entered in, and found not the body of the Lord Jesus.
Luk 24:4 And it came to pass, as they were much perplexed thereabout, behold, two men stood by them in shining garments:
Luk 24:5 And as they were afraid, and bowed down their faces to the earth, they said unto them, Why seek ye the living among the dead?
Luk 24:6 He is not here, but is risen: remember how he spake unto you when he was yet in Galilee,
Mar 16:5 And entering into the sepulchre, they saw a young man sitting on the right side, clothed in a long white garment; and they were affrighted.
Mar 16:6 And he saith unto them, Be not affrighted: Ye seek Jesus of Nazareth, which was crucified: he is risen; he is not here: behold the place where they laid him.

(Having this in mind the he that Paul is referring to is (the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition,) as this was the last person being spoken about before the statement he)

2Th 2:3 Do not let anyone deceive you in any way, because that Day will not come unless first comes the falling away, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition,
2Th 2:4 the one opposing and exalting himself over everything being called God, or object of worship, so as for him "to sit in the temple of God" as God, setting forth himself, that he is God. Dan. 11:36; Eze. 28:2

2Th 2:7 ForG1063 theG3588 mysteryG3466 of iniquityG458 doth alreadyG2235 work:G1754 onlyG3440 he who now lettethG2722 G737 will let, untilG2193 he be takenG1096 out ofG1537 the way.G3319

There has also been a large misunderstanding with the words TAKEN and THE WAY
The taken word in the Greek is G1096

γίνομαι
gínomai; fut. genḗsomai, 2d aor. egenómēn, perf. part. gegenēménos, 2d perf. gégona, 2d pluperf. egegónein, aor. pass. egenḗthēn for egenómēn. This verb is mid. deponent intrans. primarily meaning to begin to be, that is, to come into existence or into any state; and in the aor. and 2d perf. to have come into existence or simply to be.

This Taken word is also used in other verses such as 1Th 1:5 ForG3754 ourG2257 gospelG2098 cameG1096 notG3756 untoG1519 youG5209 inG1722 wordG3056 only,G3440 butG235 alsoG2532 inG1722 power,G1411 andG2532 inG1722 the HolyG40 Ghost,G4151 andG2532 inG1722 muchG4183 assurance;G4136 asG2531 ye knowG1492 what manner of menG3634 we wereG1096 amongG1722 youG5213 for your sake.G1223 G5209

Mat 1:22 NowG1161 allG3650 thisG5124 was done,G1096 thatG2443 it might be fulfilledG4137 whichG3588 was spokenG4483 ofG5259 theG3588 LordG2962 byG1223 theG3588 prophet,G4396 saying,G3004
Luk 21:34 "But keep watch on yourselves, or your hearts will become dulled by carousing, drunkenness and the worries of everyday living, and that Day will be sprung upon you suddenly like a trap!
Luk 21:35 For it will close in on everyone, no matter where they live, throughout the whole world.
Luk 21:36 Stay alert, always praying that you will have the strength to escape all the things that will happen and to stand in the presence of the Son of Man."

And the word WAY
WAY
G3319

μέσος
mésos; fem. mésē, neut. méson, adj. Middle, in the midst.
from, meaning from the midst, from among, away (Mat_13:49; Act_17:33; Act_23:10; 1Co_5:2; 2Co_6:17; Col_2:14; 2Th_2:7)
With all of the above in mind the verses can be read as the following

And, brothers, we entreat you, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and of our gathering together to Him, for you not to be quickly shaken in the mind, nor to be disturbed, neither through a spirit, nor through speech, nor through letter, as through us, as if the Day of Christ has come.
Do not let anyone deceive you in any way, because that Day will not come unless first comes the falling away, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition,
the one opposing and exalting himself over everything being called God, or object of worship, so as for him "to sit in the temple of God" as God, setting forth himself, that he is God. Dan. 11:36; Eze. 28:2
Do you not remember that I told you these things, I yet being with you?
And now you know the falling away, and the man of sin the son of perdition, must happen before Christ comes.
The Son of perdition is the one opposing and exalting himself over everything being called God, or object of worship, so as for him "to sit in the temple of God" as God, setting forth himself, that he is God. Dan. 11:36; Eze. 28:2
The Son of perdition will be revealed in his time.
For the mystery of lawlessness already is working, and is holding back now, until it comes into existence out of the midst. And then "the Lawless One" will be revealed, "whom" "the Lord" "will consume" "by the spirit of His mouth," and will bring to nought by the brightness of His presence. Isa. 11:4
The Son of Perditions coming is according to the working of Satan in all power and miraculous signs and lying wonders, and in all deceit of unrighteousness in those being lost, because they did not receive the love of the truth in order for them to be saved.
And because of this, God will send to them a working of error, for them to believe the lie,
that all may be judged, those not believing the truth, but who have delighted in unrighteousness.
PROPHECY MUST BE FULFILLED BEFORE JESUS COMES
JESUS SAID IN MATTHEW Mat 26:54 How, then, are the Scriptures to be fulfilled that say this must happen?"
God has placed a strong burden on my heart for his body today to be not deceived as Paul says, but to trust in the Lord and surrender our whole lives to him so that when the above happens and those things spoken of in Matthew, Daniel and Revelations comes we will have a faith in Jesus that will not be shaken, in my heart I have a strong burden for those not aware of what is coming and have in their minds that they will not suffer as well as will not go through the falling away, when these above things happen I believe their faith will be shattered , and they will be easily led astray.
Mat 24:10 Then many will lose faith. They will betray and hate each other.
Mat 24:11 Many false prophets will appear and deceive many people.
Mat 24:12 And because there will be more and more lawlessness, most people's love will grow cold.
Mat 24:13 But the person who endures to the end will be saved.

JESUS SAID IN MATTHEW ( WILL I REALLY FIND FAITH)

2012/4/13 21:44Profile
psalm1

Re: The Coming of Jesus

Did you include these in your study?

1 Thes 4
15For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

16For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

18Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

Mat 25
10And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.

11Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.

12But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.

13Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

Rev 13
16And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

17And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Rev 19
7Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.

8And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

2012/4/14 23:44Profile
psalm1

Re: The Coming of Jesus

Quote"God has placed a strong burden on my heart for his body today to be not deceived as Paul says, but to trust in the Lord and surrender our whole lives to him so that when the above happens and those things spoken of in Matthew, Daniel and Revelations comes we will have a faith in Jesus that will not be shaken, in my heart I have a strong burden for those not aware of what is coming and have in their minds that they will not suffer as well as will not go through the falling away, when these above things happen I believe their faith will be shattered , and they will be easily led astray.
Mat 24:10 Then many will lose faith. They will betray and hate each other.
Mat 24:11 Many false prophets will appear and deceive many people.
Mat 24:12 And because there will be more and more lawlessness, most people's love will grow cold.
Mat 24:13 But the person who endures to the end will be saved.

JESUS SAID IN MATTHEW ( WILL I REALLY FIND FAITH)"

A much greater concern,according to Jesus is that we watch for his coming. Minimizing the pre trib rapture is a faith robbing position.

Look at these life-imparting verses

"17And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

20He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

21The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen."

Can we pray the following prayer that Jesus commands?
Luke 21:
36Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

2012/4/15 19:01Profile
budgie

Re:

Praise God
I agree totally, To watch, is to be alert, to be focused, to be faithful, like I said God has placed a burden on my heart to encourage others to trust in Jesus now, to build their relationship now, to be intimate now, and to be ready now.
To not be side tracked with the tickling of the ears
It is a really Good study on Luke 21:36 and it is a very strong warning to us Dont sleep stay alert and pray in total need
Look at the preceeding verses because the word (therefore) has been used, then look at all of the Greek words used in verse 36 and especially look at where and how the words Watch, Pray, Worthy, Escape, From and come to pass has been in all other verses in the New Testament.
You will see the amazing work of Christ working in us and also the need for us to really depend on him no matter where we walk.
I can provide the study if you wish, but sometimes it is better for us to search the scriptures and allow the Holy Spirit to show us his truth.
It is an amazing word that quickly, when he comes it will be quick, in the twinkle of an eye

2012/4/15 22:04Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy