SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Is this merely coincidental????

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Is this merely coincidental????

Mark Driscoll, Brent Yin, Danny Kennisten all with brain cancer? Ok. I cannot help but ask if this is merely coincidental or all out spiritual attack on pastors? I have heard that satanic groups do cast spells and pray against pastors. Is this what we are dealing with here? If so it is even more urgent to pray protection over our pastors? Or please somebody tell me I am overeacting here. I would almost welcome that over thinking we are looking at demonics.

Bearmaster standing down.

2012/4/11 20:17

Re: Is this merely coincidental????

Would have to see what these men had in common, as far as cancer causing environments - like cellphones, wifi, diet, environment.
I heard on a radio program the other night that cancer is up - way up. I forget the exact statistics, but I 'think' childhood cancer was up by 10,000 since 1950, besides breast cancer was up and diabetes. I'm sorry I can't remember all the counts but they were all outrageous. They were blaming it on vaccines and food stuff and pesticides, etc..

I didn't know that Denny Kenneston had it. Will pray for them and thank you for letting us know.

2012/4/11 21:22
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

To put it in perspective: There must be hundreds of thousands of pastors in this world. I'm sure thousands of them have the same affliction.

2012/4/11 21:24Profile
onemite

Hi bearmaster,

Jesus' death on the cross that was followed by the killing of countless other believers by crucifixion may also be seen as a spiritual attack, but even then, Gods will was not hindered.
Ephesians 6 says," For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand."
Ephesians goes on to describe the various armor, which is the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Jesus said that He is the vine and we are the branches, if we remain in him, he will be in us. We also know that satan cannot touch Christ. Therefore, let us continue to abide in Christ by humbling ourselves under the mighty hand of our Father, resisting the devil so that he will flee from us.

Even under the old covenant, in Numbers 22:11 when Balaam went to curse Israel, God said “... you shall not curse the people, for they are blessed.”

None can curse what God has blessed.

God says in Isaiah 54:1

15:14-
" Indeed they shall surely assemble, but not because of Me.
Whoever assembles against you shall fall for your sake.
Behold, I have created the blacksmith
Who blows the coals in the fire,
Who brings forth an instrument for his work;
And I have created the spoiler to destroy.
No weapon formed against you shall prosper,
And every tongue which rises against you in judgment
You shall condemn.
This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord,
And their righteousness is from Me,”

and in Ephesians 1:
18 "I pray that your hearts will be flooded with light so that you can understand the confident hope he has given to those he called—his holy people who are his rich and glorious inheritance and what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe, according to the working of His mighty power which He worked in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, far above all principality and power and might and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in that which is to come.
And He put all things under His feet, and gave Him to be head over all things to the church, which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all."

I conclude that nothing can come upon us that God has no control over. The enemy may strike, but even God can and will use it as a tool for our good if we continue to humble ourselves before him and remain in Christ. Then He may heal our bodies, He may heal our wills, He may use it to draw others, but He will always use it for the good of those who love Hm and who are called according to His purposes and always for His own glory.

2012/4/11 21:33Profile

Quote:
I have heard that satanic groups do cast spells and pray against pastors. Is this what we are dealing with here?

Hope you don't mind if I voice my view of what the Scriptures say about "spells" - they cannot do anything to a true believer - especially not take a believers life with an illness.
Greater is He that is in us, than he that is in the world.

With all that's coming down the pike and aimed at us - it's best to know who we are in Christ and not believe or give the enemy more power than he has.
Physically take our life - yes - as you well know, but by witchcraft or voodoo or satanist's wishes - NOPE.

GOD Bless you!

{eta} didn't see onemite's post. Yes, satan had to get GOD's permission to inflict Job.

2012/4/11 21:41
Lysa

East TN for now!

Where did you read that Mark Driscoll has brain cancer? I couldn't find it anywhere in internet land. I did find where the new leader of Acts 29, Matt Chandler, had brain cancer.

I think it's terrible that the people listed do and will pray for them but I was just wondering about Mark Driscoll.

God bless,
Lisa

2012/4/12 4:59Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Preachers are not immune from afflictions that trouble the rest of mankind. They are subject to the same laws of death as we. My preacher/grandfather would declare the devil works harder to tempt them then the rest of the people because of their position of influence. In the end they all die, like the rest.

Whether these incidents of brain cancer in preachers is an attack of the devil or not, I would be more concerned about them compromising the Gospel and teaching others to do likewise. This not only kills the soul it will be instrumental in leading people to hell and there is no release from that once there. A godly person can die from brain cancer and be ushered into the presence of God and that would be eternal bliss.

My perception of life and brain cancer (we had a 25 YO daughter die from it, so we have been there-done that)...

ginnyrose

2012/4/12 8:15Profile
pilgrim777

Re:

To put it in perspective, I know several believers that are not "Pastors" that have had different kinds of cancer, including brain cancer. Some have died from it.

It is not about being a "Pastor" or not.

May the Lord help Denny (Heal him) and his family during this time.

Pilgrim

2012/4/12 9:52Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy