SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Breaking news: new tsunami alert

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sonofthunder

Son Of Thunder i come from a land down under, due south at the bottom of your work globes

Breaking news: new tsunami alert

Possibly the 8th biggest eartquake since 1900 has struck the pacific island of indonesia and recorded a 8.7 in magnitude Quake sparking a tsunami alert. Subsequently an after shock followed not long after the initial quake recording a hit of 8.2. Authorities are concerned and a tidal wave reaching 6 meters in height could be expected to reach certain provinces - panic has broken out in certain regions as people also try to reach higher ground. Tremours were felt as far away as india and thialand.

2012/4/11 8:04Profile
sonofthunder

Son Of Thunder i come from a land down under, due south at the bottom of your work globes

Re: Breaking news: new tsunami alert

The two tsunamis that caused widespread destruction and major loss of life in indonesia in 2004 and Japan more recently registered Quakes in magnitude of about 9.0-9.2 in scale size. This one is just under that but still peaked at 8.7 which is BIG...MIGHTY BIG!!!

2012/4/11 8:30Profile
MaryJane

Re:

I am praying for those in these areas. There is a lot of understandable fear and panic as people seek to get to higher ground. I read that this quake and after shocks are some of the strongest that have been felt since the 1900. I believe it said this latest earthquake would be in 8th or 9th place.

God Bless
mj

2012/4/11 8:59Profile
Joyful_Heart

Re:

New post on SUBI News

Sumatra tsunami
by emlynsubi

SU South Asia Regional Director Ravid Navaratnam has asked for prayer for those affected by today’s earthquakes and possible tsunamis:

"pray for the people who may be affected by the Tsunami this afternoon in Sumatra. Sri Lanka is also on alert- very specially the Eastern, Southern and South Western coastal areas. Its 4 pm. There's an alert warning in the capital Colombo city western coast areas.Offices have closed early and train services on the coastal line is suspended. A bit of a tension in the city of Colombo as people living 2 km radius from the coast are advised to evacuate by a private TV channel. The state news alert has just sent in a tsunami warning and for people on the coastal belt to be on alert. The SUSA regional office and the RD's residence is about a km from the coast! Please uphold the situation in your prayers and also very specially for the people directly hit surrounding Sumatra Island.
The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble.He cares for those who trust in Him. Nahum 1:7."

2012/4/11 11:53Profile

Re: Breaking news: new tsunami alert

tweets: http://rt.com/news/earthquake-indonesia-tsunami-live-updates-783/

2012/4/11 12:03

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy