SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : House or Home Church Movement...you experience?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread

House or Home Church Movement...you experience?

When we lived in Maine, we got together with 3 other couples on Saturday evening. We'd enjoy a meal and fellowship together and then gather in the living room of this old farm house. There we would wait on the Lord. If you felt led to sing, you sang; testify, you testified;read a Psalm, you read a Psalm; and so on.
By the end of the evening, reflecting back it was not difficult to discern Who was in charge and directing. It was all around one central theme. But there was no agenda. The whole was not seen until the parts were assembled together. It was wonderful. It was faith building. I really miss them.

I have not yet been able to get anything like that going here in Louisiana. But I sure would like too. I think this is real church, like in the book of Acts.

So what's your experience. Let's share and edify one another. Oh by the way, I'm not at all in harmony with this "G-12" movement that is a current fad. It does not stand up scripturally, imho.

Hugs in Him,

Lahry

2005/2/2 15:35

Re: House or Home Church Movement...you experience?

Not sure what the G-12 fad is...

We house church. Our experience is much the same as yours. One major problem I have found is that once someone finds freedom from the man-made way of doing church... the level of committment to ANY body of believers is usually very low. I find that frustrating.

But all in all... I wouldnt do it any other way.

Krispy

2005/2/2 15:39

Re: Krispy..

Hi,
Do you find that internet fellowship such as this helps?

2005/2/2 15:46
dougkristen

Re:

http://www.letusreason.org/Latrain24.htm

I found this link about the G-12 movement.

Grace,
Doug

2005/2/2 15:59Profile

Re:

Quote:
Do you find that internet fellowship such as this helps?

For me personally... this is not what I consider to be true fellowship. I mean, it is... but it's certainly not as intimate as it would be if we were all sitting in my living room. Only 2 or 3 people on here know my real name is not Krispy. On here you have to guard yourself... true fellowship is transparent.

I do find forums like this to be beneficial because this is where I learn a lot from everyone, and it's where I learn to articulate my position on different topics. I do make friends... like I said I have 2 or 3 friends who have come to this forum from another one. But it's a much different friendship than I have with those in fellowship who I see on almost a daily basis.

I don't believe the internet should be anyone's "fellowship"... unless you live in an igloo in Alaska by yourself... thousands of mile from civilization.

Krispy

2005/2/2 16:56
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re: House or Home Church Movement...you experience?

Quote:
Oh by the way, I'm not at all in harmony with this "G-12" movement that is a current fad. It does not stand up scripturally, imho

Could you please elaborate? I would like to know what you disagree about it.

2005/2/2 17:54Profile
jeremyhulsey

Re:

While I didn't make that quote I'll say that the G-12 is nothing more than a rehashed, warmed-over version of the Sheparding movement. The best article I've seen so far about the G-12 is this one:

[url=http://www.banner.org.uk/apostasy/cell-church9.htm]Banner.org--THE GOVERNMENT OF TWELVE (G12) [/url]

2005/2/2 18:13Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

I have read some of the arguments about g-12. I see some things that are totally wrong with the arguments. One quote was this (which was in the link you posted)

Quote:
WHOA. Hang on a moment there! This makes the plan of salvation, and the mission of Jesus about "discipling the nations" (ruling them in a religious government) and not about individual relationships with the Saviour.

Thats nothing of the mindset of the people. I have not read many articles about Bethany World Prayer Center and there use of " G-12", but i have MET them. The are not all about "governing" people, but seeing them truely born again and discipling them. They are the most humble people I, honestly, have ever met. It is crazy to think that a church that has a prayer room open 24 hours a day is all about themselves. How many churches do you know of that has a prayer room that is open 24 hours aday? I dare to say not many.. I'm not saying i am going to say that g-12 is God -ordained or for every church or anything like that. All i know is that these people have a heart and a yearning for people to be saved and discipled. I personally see nothing wrong with praying and fasting to see someone get saved and then disire christ to be formed in them through much prayer and disciplship. Im sure no one is denying that discipling belivers is biblical.. are they? All i know is that before my church started the cellular vision my church was LAZY! Oh yeah the people would come to church and listen, amen ,and all the other stuff. But now the people cry for souls to be saved. Im not defending the government of 12, saying its from God or not, i just know the heart of the people (or the ones i have met) that are doing this. My church has seen more people saved this last yr then ever before. It is not because of a plan or strategy. It is because of much prayer and fasting. People say that it is man centered. How can you say that someone that goes through weeks of disciplship classes, memorized lots of verses (all which is required to even have your own cell group) is focused on themselves. Let me point out that anything "spiritual" can be done fleshly. You can witness and be fleshly. If you are not doing it for the glory of GOd. I know that the people who I have met that are doing g-12 are sincerly wanting to see souls saved( building the kingdom of God), and not there own cell group (or kingdom).

2005/2/2 19:13Profile
moreofHim

Re:

Here is another thread that was started last Feb. on the subject of Home Churches

[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=1279&forum=35#7509]Home Churches[/url]

In Him, Chanin

2005/2/3 8:01Profile

Re: Hey there Preach...

Sir,
The last thing I wanted this thread to be, was a thread about G-12. Want to start one on that subject? Please do.
Furthermore, I want to say that you make many valid statements about home groups and people in G-12. I do believe that most are hungry for souls. But Christ never established a "government of 12". He established a government of One, Jesus Christ being the head of the church.
It is my understanding, and please correct me if I'm wrong, that in addition to it's "govenmental leadership" training, they insist on you going to an "encounter weekend". There, among other things, they teach you how to, according to these leaders, get victory over your carnal or sin nature. Their "methodology" is not at all biblical, as I understand it. Perhaps more can shed light on this. If you start another thread on G-12, I'll comment on my experiences with Bethany home fellowships.
What I had hoped for, was that there are others out there who have enjoyed home meetings without heavy organized church influence, and would like to share a testimony about it. Edify and encourage. That is my heart. \o/

2005/2/3 8:07

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy