SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : I love the book of Revelations

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Joyful_Heart

I love the book of Revelations

Rev 1:5-8 ...and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler over the kings of the earth. To Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood,and has made us kings and priests to His God and Father, to Him [be] glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.

Rev 1:7-8 Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. Even so, Amen.

"I am the Alpha and the Omega, [the] Beginning and [the] End," says the Lord,"who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."

Rev 3:20-22 "Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me.

"To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.

"He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.

2:26 And he who overcomes, and keeps My works until the end, to him I will give power over the nations—

So many more gems from this Book. Glory to God.

2012/4/10 12:53Profile

Re: I love the book of Revelations

It's Revelation... singular. Not Revelations. Only one revelation, that being of Jesus Christ.

:-)

Krispy

2012/4/10 13:03
pilgrim777

Re:

I love the book of Johns. (There is 4 of them). ;-)

2012/4/10 13:22Profile

Re:

I think you mean John's books... lol

Krispy

2012/4/10 13:29
Joyful_Heart

Re:

Awww Praise Jesus! I stand corrected.

Still love that Book. And I have been enjoying John(s) as well lately. Just going over Rev. and my notes & underlined Scripture. Just wanted to share a couple. There are so many awesome ones there. It is Revelation but I get so many revelations in it. PTL.

I like how the word "overcomer" is used so much in the book too. We must be overcomers, we must.

Oh, that we will all have a passion for Jesus & to have many, many revelations of Him and to come into a deeper, maybe a simple, but deeper love relationship with Him. That's what I want & long for myself & for others.

Love you brothers!

Abiding in Him
by His great grace & mercy.

J_H

2012/4/10 13:32Profile

Re:

Hope that didnt offend you J_H... We was just having a little fun...

Krispy

2012/4/10 13:51
Joyful_Heart

Re:

No offense at all Krispy. I loved it. We need a little humor around here. Godly humor that is. But thank you for asking Krispy. That was nice. Appreciate both you and Pilgrim.

2012/4/10 13:59Profile
Sree

Re:

Quote:

There are so many awesome ones there. It is Revelation but I get so many revelations in it.

I have many times referred this book as revelations and I find it right because I get many revelations from it. Also the title of this book is man given. John did not give any title to his writing. I find 'revelations' to be much suitable title to this book. It is just my take on it.

2012/4/10 14:35Profile
MaryJane

Re: I love the book of Revelations

Greetings Joyful_heart

Thank you for sharing this with us. The first time I ever read the book of Revelations I was eleven years old. I remember my dad gave me some book that was written about the coming tribulation and all this bad stuff that was going to happen to those who did not believe in JESUS. I remember feeling so afraid by it all but at the same time it captivated my attention like no other. After finishing the small booklet I began reading the Bible and Revelations was the book I study most and often. I guess you could say it became an obsession for me but not in a good way. The older I got the more fearful I became about future events. This went on for a really long time and honestly it led me into some very dark times of fear and worry. After coming to the Lord this obsession and "need" to know really did not go away, in fact it wasn't until I let and let JESUS change my view of things that I finally found peace. It was when I stopped looking at this wonderful letter of encouragement as a giant puzzle to be solved and embraced the wonderful words of hope through out that I could finally read through and have comfort. This letter, this revelation of Jesus is so filled with hope for every believer that it sustains us through any daily trail or tribulation we might face...God is pretty awesome in how HE cares for us in every way and detail!!

God Bless
mj

2012/4/10 15:27Profile
pilgrim777

Re:

Always love your posts, Joyful. Your self-deprecation is refreshing.

I used to take myself too seriously, until I realized how wrong I was about everything. Life is so much better casting my burdens on Him rather than trying to handle them myself.

Blessings to you all,
Pilgrim

2012/4/10 15:51Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy