SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Message by Art Katz, Please Listen

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
lylewise

Celina, Texas

Re:

Art is not a stand alone. Corrie Ten Boom seems to have held to the understanding that it is naive that the saints will be withhelld from persecution.

2012/4/9 20:57Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quote:

What caught my attention was the brother believes he will be martyred, even by his own people. So what fo we know about him. I know he is Jewish. Is he from Israel? Is he Canadian or American? Is he still living?

Art died back in 2007 surrounded by friends and family at the Ben Israel fellowship in his bed. He had a very rare and painful medical condition that ultimately took his life. I forget the exact nature or name of the disease. But it was a lung issue of some sort that greatly reduced his oxygen levels, and the ability of his body to function. If you listen to his sermons with a sense of history, you will notice that his voice changes greatly over the years. Compare a sermon from the 1970's to something in 2005. His voice changes more than what can be ascribed to just old age. It was ultimately his disease catching up to him. You might say it slowly suffocated him.

2012/4/9 21:16Profile

Re:

He got sick in 2005 and was later diagnosed with polyarteritis nodosa [PAN], then later they were told that it was some 'unidentified form' of vasculitis but then back to PAN. An autoimmune disease that causes inflamation of the arteries and organ damage because of that - the cause of that disease is unknown but The LORD knows the mystery behind these diseases and Art knows now.

eta - this was the announcement from the Ben Israel's update page that day ...

June 28, 2007 (7:30 PM Central Time)

The Lord took his servant home at 7:20 pm. He went very peacefully. He was surrounded to the last with his family, the Ben Israel family, and faithful friends.

2012/4/10 2:23

Re:

It is sad in one sense this servant has departed to be with the Lord. But in another and greater sense we rejoice he is in the literal presence of Christ. Art's ministry to us will surely live on in his messages. And for sure, Brother Art, will continue to speak to us from heaven. I look forward to listening to more of his messages.

2012/4/10 9:04

Re: Staff

Greetings brother,

I think Lylewise best expressed after your post what I was trying to convey. So I will not go back and rehash. It was not my intention to namecall or insult. A lot of good and godly people hold to both views of the rapture.

But I do think Cory Ten Boon and Art Katz are trying to call the western church to the reality we will be persecuted and possibly give our lives for Christ. Persecution of Christ followers is not limited to what we call the 10/40 window. On a personal level Paul said those who want to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted. So even in the west, ones walk with Jesus will invite persecution. Tragicly this persecution can often come from other believers.

Brother wish you blessings of Jesus. Whatever our rapture views may be, we all agree the best view is Jesus.

Kindest sincerity,

Bearmaster.

2012/4/10 9:27

Re: Saints

Brother Hmmhmm posted a link earlier in this thread to an SI compilation, To Live Is Christ. It is a compilation of SI archived messages on martyrdom ehich includes Art Katz. This is not gloom stuff but good soul filling protein. I found tears streaming down my eyes but then in the next instant shouting Halleujah to God. This is good stuff!!!!

I found myself asking, why is this stiff not being preached in our churches. I feel like the scribe who found the Torah which had not been read in several years..

The compilation is only 30 or so minutes but WOW. To coin a word from our charismatic friends this stuff is annoited. If you have not listened to this or even if you have do please listen to it again. It will blow you away. But do have a box of tissues standing by.

Again great stuff to take you into the throne room.

Bearmaster.

2012/4/10 10:28
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

bearmaster

In teh compilation are snippets from these sermons if you desire to "feed" more on this subject, i share because these had through the years been messages that had an impact on my sojurn.

The Theology of Martyrdom by Dean Taylor

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=15168&commentView=itemComments

Truth, Love, and Self-Sacrifice - the Weapons of Christ and the Christian by Josef Tson

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=11444&commentView=itemComments

Zac Poonen excerpts are from his series called
From babylon to Jerusalem (also available on SI)
http://www.cfcindia.com/web/mainpages/from_babylon_to_jerusalem.php

From Babylon to Jerusalem dont know exactly which but in the book of DANIEL and ZECHARIAH. It is worth going through them all. HIGHLY RECOMENDED!

2012/4/10 11:17Profile

Re:

hmmhmm posted: a good listen of several featured speakers on SI compiled into one message on this subject. https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=17113&commentView=itemComments

You're right, bearmaster - this is excellent - very much so.

2012/4/10 18:41

Re: Heart is Challenged

I have only listened to 4 messages by Art Katz but my heart has been challenged. The last message of One Thing You Still Lack was very penetrating. We may think that giving all for Jesus is laying aside the things of this world. But when Art speaks of having to put a beloved pet to death to follow Christ, this really puts ones heart bare before Christ. We find ourselves trembling. Then asking what is God asking me to lay on the altar to follow him.

With Abraham it was his son. With Jesus his life. With Art his German shepherd. What will it be for me? ???

I have noticed some threads have been started over whether we can lose our salvation. Perhaps after listening to One Thong You Still Lack you find yourself asking as I did, Have I ever entered into salvation?

Bearmaster standing down in some soul searching.

2012/4/11 15:33
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

bearmaster

fellow moderator and brother Paul West said one time that listening to brother Art is like willingly lay down on an operation-table under the doctors knife...(I massacred his quote since he is more gifted with words then me) but i have found it to be true, it is impossible to listen to Gods word preached with a prophetic edge and go away unaffected by it.

The message One thing you lack touches on the very inner core of our human nature, and the words of our Lord "go sell all your possessions and come follow me" are heavy words, the spiritual meaning of this is tremendous and should help us focus on living eternally NOW.

the sacrifice is different for all of us, the question is dare we pray God to reveal it to us? its a dangerous prayer that could cost us everything, but we know it is worth it eternally.

2012/4/11 16:13Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy