SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Justified

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
MaryJane

Re:

by jimdied2sin on 2012/4/9 10:31:08

let me add that I have gotten spanked big time by the Lord for making bad judgments from bad motives in the past and never in a million years would suggest that to anyone.
-------

Exactly this kind of sharing with another believer
must be done in love and in Him! When done in
Christ sharing in this way, admonishing one
another and encouraging one another in Christ
is such an amazing expression of His love for
each other!!

God bless
Mj

2012/4/9 16:56Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Jimdied2sin

Quote:
Quote:
Quote by Lisa "I will stand before God and have “HIM” correct me and tell me THAT I loved too much or had too much mercy.”

Jimdied2sin: Paul would have corrected you too. We need to be careful that what we call mercy, God may call sin. There is always error on both sides of the highway of holiness. We shouldnt be to spiritual to take Pauls rebuke - when the situation truly calls for it and our heart motive is right.

1Co 5:11 But now I am writing to you not to associate with anyone who bears the name of brother if he is guilty of sexual immorality or greed, or is an idolater, reviler, drunkard, or swindler--not even to eat with such a one.
For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Is it not those inside the church whom you are to judge? God judges those outside. "Purge the evil person from among you."

Brother Jim, I am not offended in the least and did not take it personally! I know where you are coming from; I used to come from the same place but I no longer abide there anymore.

Believe you me, I have been spanked by the Lord!! But NEVER have I been spanked (by God) because I refused to judge someone and instead love them, never so far!

God bless you, brother!
Lisa

2012/4/10 8:21Profile
Sree

To Judge or to Save

With reference to my very first post in this thread. I am not advocating believers judging one another. The only person I have to judge is I myself. I am not saying that I need to judge another person. Even Jesus himself did not come to the world to Judge anyone during his first coming.

John 3 -17:-For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him.

If Jesus himself did not judge anyone how can I who is called to walk like him can Judge someone?

When Jesus spoke to the Samaritan women he did not Judge her as ungodly women but instead he saw her as a women who needs God. That is why he compared her (and Samaria) to a field that is ready for Harvest for God. But while speaking with the women he also showed her sin by saying the 'Man you are living with is not your husband'. So to show the sin of someone which he/she is committing by ignoring the spirit is not Judging but saving their soul from Sin. And one does not need to give a sermon to bring conviction, just one line like how Jesus spoke is enough.

For example when you see a man caught up in Lion's den, if you keep walking without helping him and thinking his life is going to end soon then you have already judged him as hopeless. But instead if you help him to come out of Den you are not actually judging him but instead saving him. Sin is much worse than Lion!!!

2012/4/10 10:56Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re: To Judge or to Save

I am in no way using this thinking to judge the hearts of others :)

I use this thinking to look at my own heart, I found that sin is sin and though we are all unique in our own special way our reasons behind sinning are usually about the same. And so if I can look at my heart in light of others mistakes I can shine light on areas that are dark in my own heart.

I really do appreciate the dialogue that has taken place on this topic it has taught me a lot and I would definitely like it to continue :)

2012/4/10 14:54Profile
MaryJane

Re: To Judge or to Save

Sree wrote:For example when you see a man caught up in Lion's den, if you keep walking without helping him and thinking his life is going to end soon then you have already judged him as hopeless. But instead if you help him to come out of Den you are not actually judging him but instead saving him. Sin is much worse than Lion!!!

I realize now how unloving, and sinful it was for me to stand by and see another who proclaims to love Jesus and say nothing to them when they are living in open sin. If I truly examine my motives in those times it was because of self not out of any real love for my fellow brother/sister in Christ. It was awkward and uncomfortable to confront another person, I always worried about how upset they might be and I missed opportunities to share the love and light of JESUS with them by speaking truthfully.
I have repented of this kind of cowardice but it is still difficult. There really is a difference between sharing the truth and giving correction in another believers life and judging them.
Having a brother/sister share the love of Christ with me by pointing out sin that I am walking in when I may not even be seeing it has been a huge blessing to me. I see now those who loved the most were the ones who risked the most by being honest, sometime painfully honest, but honest in HIM!!

Thank you Matthew for the thread it is a blessing.
God Bless
mj

2012/4/10 15:11Profile

Re:

Lysa said:

"I know where you are coming from; I used to come from the same place but I no longer abide there anymore."

Jim:

So if you were in Corinth when Paul wrote this would you say "sorry Paul - I know where you are coming from but I moved on from that place"..

"But now I am writing to you not to associate with anyone who bears the name of brother if he is guilty of sexual immorality or greed, or is an idolater, reviler, drunkard, or swindler--not even to eat with such a one. For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Is it not those inside the church whom you are to judge? God judges those outside. "Purge the evil person from among you."

2012/4/10 17:18

Re:

MaryJane said:

"Exactly this kind of sharing with another believer
must be done in love and in Him! When done in
Christ sharing in this way, admonishing one
another and encouraging one another in Christ
is such an amazing expression of His love for
each other!!"

God bless you sister MaryJane. Since returning to SI, I have been really encouraged to read what the Lord has been doing in your life.

On a related note, I have had people rightly rebuke me but from a wrong motive and I had to humble myself and say like David:

"If he is cursing because the LORD has said to him, 'Curse David,' who then shall say, 'Why have you done so?'... It may be that the LORD will look on the wrong done to me, and that the LORD will repay me with good for his cursing today." 2 Samual 16

How much better if it had been done in humility and love...

-Jim

2012/4/10 17:23
rbanks

Re:

James 2:11-12 (KJV)
12 So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.
13 For he shall have judgment without mercy, that hath shewed no mercy; and mercy rejoiceth against judgment.

Just consider a long with the other scriptures because I think there are some today who arrogantly think that they are called to function in the same apostolic office as did the Apostle Paul and yet not truly understanding the anointing and leading of the Holy Spirit that must accompany the function.

No pun intended... blessings from brother rbanks

2012/4/10 22:16Profile

Re: Annointing and Functioning

I have to agree with your statement. We are told 'not to think more highly of ourselves that we ought' 'even according to the measure of faith given'. I have fallen into this trap myself many times in my imagination. Thankfully I have limited this foolishness to my mind and have been retrained from actually claiming those foolish thought as true. I have often wondered about the great boasts and claims which are made today by a few and I have come to the thought that perhaps a little revelation of God, has provoked a lot of self importance. Great claims declared and trumpited over any people will result in an outcome. But what outcome really when you consider how many saints have been defrauded of their true libery in Christ Jesus' only to follow a man.

Paul himself, as you know was thought less of in person by the Corinthians when present with them, but was said to have weighty letters. Somehow the Corinthians came to despise this Paul who was present, but admired the Paul who was abscent. This is of course not to commend the Corinthian attitude. It only demonstrated that when the saints of God walk in their own strength they seek even stronger men to lead them.

How very different it is for those who have imagined themselves to be like Paul today. Some are living like kings and it appears that the Lord has given them over to it. In their persistence they have made their own way and rejected Christ 'who though strong to save others' in weakness 'could not save Himself. Its all very sad and troubling because one knows the root of it, but to speak against it brings immediate and terrible rebuke from these men.

In the end I would rather keep my mouth shut than risk impressing the elect of God with foolish words. A letter on the other hand can be studied; gone into and rejected if it is seen to be lacking substance.

Surpassing revelation was Paul's portion in Christ, but he would not take his stand on it; rather prefering weakness when present for Christ sake. Today the Lord permits things which in the time of the early apostolic church could not have been possible. I have no doubt that this has to do with the fact that the apostles themselves were a restraining influence; in that God used them exceptionally and fearfully. Also apostacy must and indeed has come, even as Paul warned that some of those who laboured with him, were already of that spirit.

This age is filling up fast, and I truly am troubled by many of the things I hear and see being done in Christ name. May God Himself and Christ have their way with us lest we too stumble because of pride and greed and drunken power. Amen.

2012/4/13 17:00
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: jimdied2sin

Quote:
Quote:
Lysa said: "I know where you are coming from; I used to come from the same place but I no longer abide there anymore."

by jimdied2sin:
So if you were in Corinth when Paul wrote this would you say "sorry Paul - I know where you are coming from but I moved on from that place"..

"But now I am writing to you not to associate with anyone who bears the name of brother if he is guilty of sexual immorality or greed, or is an idolater, reviler, drunkard, or swindler--not even to eat with such a one. For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Is it not those inside the church whom you are to judge? God judges those outside. "Purge the evil person from among you."

Brother, I do not deny that scripture in 1 Cor 5 but let’s trace this back... I responded to Matthew and Sree called me out over that and then I responded to him and then you called me out on my response to Sree; can you see that this is dissolving into something that I don’t even know where it’s going. Do you even know what you are trying to chastise me over?

I cannot for the life of me understand why people get bent out of shape when I say “I” would rather err on the side of love and mercy than on the side of judgment. Brother, you can disagree with me and still go to heaven!! (huge grin) As I can disagree with you and still go to heaven too!

God bless you Jim!!
Lisa

2012/4/13 18:20Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy