SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : What does this Day mean to you ???

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sonofthunder

Son Of Thunder i come from a land down under, due south at the bottom of your work globes

What does this Day mean to you ???

To a lot of people These four days represent holiday making or fun times, a time for recreation and a time for pleasure! However, for Christians around the World ...This day is a holy celebration and a commemoration of Christ's Rising from the dead! Indeed he rose on the third Day, according to the scriptures (Amen)!

Contrarywise Whilst the non believers see Today as a time of rest and recreation Protestants and catholics around the Globe are pausing to reflect on the significance and solemnity of what these Days mean to them.

And so today as we shut-out the hustle and bustle of every Day pressures to earn a living and put food on the table for our families ... we NOW take time out for spiritual inventory and to reflect on what God did in Christ - for us !!!

Indeed what is traditionally known as Easter with Good Friday and Resurrection Sunday being the two Major Days - it is by no means brethren a time for revelry or pleasure making - but rather a time of solemnity and celebration in commemoration of Christs death and resurrection.

Indeed this Day represents a lot of different things to a lot of different people worldwide - but for the Believer however it represents this:

~~ Hope for humanity
~~ The hope of all the world
~~ The foundation of all Truth
~~ The Faith upon which we Stand
~~ The Good News Of The Gospel That We Preach

WHAT DOES THIS DAY MEAN TO YOU ???

In answer to that question a lot of Words immediately spring to mind For example: Life, hope, promise, eternity, everlasting life! However what about the Word victory! Death has been defeated! Mortality swallowed up, and the word terminal has been terminated once and for all at the foot of the cross! Thanks to Christ the firstfruits of them that slept. (Amen)!

THEREFORE OUR FAITH IS NOT IN VAIN:

Because of the FACT of the resurrection our faith is rock solid and the promise of the "hereafter" assured! Totally assured and in fact 100% Garanteed. ( conditionally Garanteed ) but nevertheless Garanteed.

WE PINPOINT ALL OF OUR HOPE AND FAITH IN THIS?

Indeed the pinnacle of our hope and very Faith culminates in 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 which sums up the Christian message in brief " how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; and that he was buried, and that he rose again on the third Day according to the (script)ures. All foretold mind you in advance by God's prophets. But confirmed by actual "eyewitesses" yeah indeed over 500 actual eye witnesses confirmed the firstfruits of them that (slept) as being undeniable, irrefutable and indisputable proof that Jesus of Nazareth did triumphantly rise from the dead in bodily form. ( for handle me for a spirit has Not flesh and bones Luke 24:39 ) indeed brethren because he lives we live! And we have a sure and certain hope that is totally and unequivocally assured. No other philosophy or belief system can promise such things let alone match what we have !!!!

THEREFORE WHY WOULD YOU HAVE FAITH IN ANYTHING ELSE?
( 1 corinthians 15: 14-17)

If immortality and incorruption is a sealed and real thing (which it is) then you would be crazy and foolish to put your faith in anything else than Christ's Death and resurrection. Indeed though it is foolishness and weakness to the world - but to us who BELIEVE the Cross the power of God unto Salvation.

WHAT DOES THIS "DAY" MEAN TO YOU??

If you answered - it is everything and means everything to me then like me you can rejoice Greatly in what (God did in Christ on this Day). You can sing like me because he Lives " i can face tommorow, because he lives all fears are Gone" friends because he Lives the Grave has No victory! And because he Lives O Death where is Thy Sting? Amen!

In closing i will ask the same question that i opened with:

WHAT DOES THIS DAY MEAN TO YOU ???

Friends today is one of the most important days - if NOT THE MOST IMPORTANT DAY OF ALL TIME ...because if for no other reason "the princes of this world would never have crucified him had they knew the hidden wisdom of God! Its a significant Day in history because? Jesus Spoiled principalities and powers and made a public show of them openly triumphing over them - in it! That is the Cross. His Cross!!! Amen!

2012/4/7 22:11Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy