SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Catholic Filipinos Nail Themselves to Crosses to Re-Enact Jesus’ Suffering on Good Friday

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Catholic Filipinos Nail Themselves to Crosses to Re-Enact Jesus’ Suffering on Good Friday

Thousands of people gathered in Philippine villages to watch devotees being nailed to crosses as they marked Good Friday by re-enacting Jesus Christ’s suffering, a yearly — not to mention mildly gruesome rite that continues even as church leaders discourage the practice.

Nine men wearing crowns of twigs on their heads were crucified for a few minutes by villagers dressed as Roman centurions in northern Pampanga province’s San Pedro Cutud village. At least eight other people were nailed to crosses in neighboring villages.

The spectacle reflects a unique brand of Catholicism that merges church traditions with Philippine folk superstitions. ...

read more: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/filipinos-nail-themselves-to-crosses-to-re-enact-jesus-suffering-on-good-friday/

2012/4/7 2:33Profile
joliboy11

Philippines

Re: Catholic Filipinos Nail Themselves to Crosses to Re-Enact Jesus’ Suffering on Goo

hello I'm from the Philippines.. yes Catholic leaders does not support this but Catholic devotees are the participants of these... it just been a culture and a tourist attraction...

need your prayers brothers... I notice that "born again" Christians here are imitating American churchianity(entertainment/prosperity preaching)

though there are reformed churches on other parts of the country but I think not around me...

please pray for us..
may the Real Jesus be revealed among us...

2012/4/7 8:03Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy