SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : “Scotland Awakens to God!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

“Scotland Awakens to God!

Just for you JIG....

EDINBURGH, Scotland (FR) – A billboard in the Scottish capital city of Edinburgh reads “Scotland Awakens to God! Thirty Years of Decline Are Over!” One might expect such a message to be broadcast from a small, enthusiastic church. But this billboard sits in front of the headquarters of the Church of Scotland. Christian spokesmen within the mainline denomination as well as evangelical leaders from other churches all agree that Scotland is now experiencing the beginnings of a national revival.

Scotland has experienced revival in every century since 1500. According to church leader David Anderson, “Apart from minor and more limited awakenings such as the Welsh Revival of 1904 and the Lewis Revival of 1949-50, this is in fact the first century since the Reformation when Britain has not known the outpouring of the Spirit.” Anderson then added, “Is this mere coincidence, or could it be that in the last decade of the 20th century we are going to witness across the face of our land a movement of God on a greater scale than any experienced in a previous time?”

Although church attendance has been on the decline in Scotland in recent years, reports are now surfacing that the growth of Christian churches and ministries is now accelerating. This has been accompanied by a renewal of interest in prayer for national revival. For example, plans are now being implemented to set up weekly and monthly prayer breakfasts for Christians in each of the 56 local government districts in Scotland. In Edinburgh each month hundreds of Christians meet together to pray for the city and revival. Just last Easter the city’s largest concert hall was filled with more than 2000 Christians praying for revival.

Anderson, who leads a congregation in the Gorgie area of Edinburgh, reports that an early morning prayer meeting in his church – which began in January of this year – has now moved to a large hall because of the increased interest in prayer. Miraculous events have accompanied the movement; in Sutherland, a mother was recently converted after hearing her small son pray for her for almost two hours. In the Highlands, a man with no church connection was literally “smitten by the power of God and deeply convicted of his sins.”

Anderson, who released this report added, “The fact is that, during the past 20 years and all over Scotland, in villages, towns, and cities, hundreds of praying groups have sprung up on a scale unprecedented in this century.

2012/4/6 5:31Profile
CHILDofGRACE

Anyigba, Kogi State, Nigeria

Re: “Scotland Awakens to God!

This is good news. Thank God. May God cause this revival to spread across the world esp in America in answer to the prayer of His faithful saints. AMEN!

2012/4/6 7:49Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Quote: Is this mere coincidence, or could it be that in the last decade of the 20th century we are going to witness across the face of our land a movement of God on a greater scale than any experienced in a previous time?”

Oh yes....

2012/4/6 8:18Profile

Re:

HI Colin, I wanted to remind you of a conversation that we had four years ago, although I was mistakingly calling you Robert and you graciously did not correct me :)

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=22081&forum=36&5

This was before I invited Greg to have a revival conference in Greenock. I praise the Lord if there is a cloud in the sky in Scotland, for the land is desperate for the rain of God to fall. There have been small groups of Christians praying for revival for years, little burning embers. I was priveledged to meet many of them at the conference. And then one year later when Times Square church brought so many people to Greenock, 230 of them , just flooding the land with love and some mighty preaching from Carter Conlon, challenging the church to rise up.
http://scottishwarriors.wordpress.com/a-coming-reformation/

bro Frank

2012/4/6 9:11
learjet

Re:

Praise the Lord for this! This is very encouraging and great to see please keep us updated this really lifts my spirit!

Much peace!

2012/4/6 9:25Profile
JoanM

There ARE still Sons of Scotland left.

I would love to read/see any reports on this if you could post them. I think Faith Mission is there.

Is this report from the Anderson that Pastors Destiny church?

Thanking God, who remembers the death of His Son
Joan

2012/4/6 10:26Profile
lylewise

Celina, Texas

Re:

We Saints often seem defeated by the way things are going both politically and economically in a kingdom in which we have no citizenship. To hear of the Spirit of God mercifully moving amongst various peoples around the world is so praise inspiring. Dead rebellious people with no hope and then God moves and behold, life springs from death. Generations and generations with few voices and then, mercy is poured out upon many. Is this not a wonderful time to behold the workings of our Great God and Savior.

2012/4/6 10:35Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Quote:
Anderson, who released this report added, “The fact is that, during the past 20 years and all over Scotland, in villages, towns, and cities, hundreds of praying groups have sprung up on a scale unprecedented in this century.

This is very encouraging to hear.

When God intends great mercy for His people, the first thing He does is to set them a-praying. - Matthew Henry

In Christ,

Ron

2012/4/6 10:43Profile
UntoBabes

Oregon

Colin,

How old is this report, how accurate, what is the source, and who is Anderson?

I just would like to search it out further.

Thanks.

2012/4/6 10:59Profile

Re:

HI untobabes,

I believe and perhaps brother Colin can confirm, that there is no revival going on as such, but that the clouds are gathering. My parents just arrived from Scotland and they have no reports of revival...............bro Frank

2012/4/6 11:43

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy