SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Apostolic Foundations by Art Katz

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
Jeremy221

Re: Apostolic Foundations by Art Katz

FREN-06 Jeremiah - Prophet to the Nations by Art Katz

Topic: Jeremiah
Description: nil

2012/4/10 14:50Profile
Jeremy221

FREN-07 Samuel the Prophet by Art Katz

Topic: Samuel

2012/4/11 15:02Profile
Jeremy221

FREN-08 Elijah the Prophet by Art Katz

Topic: Elijah

Quote:

Deep  (March 28/2011)
Reviewed by: much2nice
I only gave 4 stars because of French interpretation which takes a little longer to listen to, but it is a 5 star message. I am stunned at the compromise in the Church that art points out, and that I have truly been guilty of myself. I am so thankful for this man of God and his messages. His was not an easy ministry. When a prophet disturbs our status quo and complacency, he is rejected,even hated, and I think Art experienced a lot of that. But I hear not only his heart, but the Heart of God in this message.

2012/4/12 15:04Profile
Jeremy221

FREN-09 Elijah - Prophet of Fire by Art Katz

Topic: Elijah

2012/4/13 16:26Profile
Jeremy221

FREN-10 Thy Kingdom Come by Art Katz

Topic: Kingdom Of God

2012/4/14 6:41Profile

Re:

I have likely listened to 90% of Art Katz' sermons. Trust me when I say, Art was not only NOT "pre-tribber", but Art held to the thought that most who embraced such a theological eschatology did so (consciously or sub-consciously) because they couldn't stand to embrace the possibility that God would call us into any form of suffering for His Glory's sake. Art would regularly make it clear that such a thought was a signal of the modern (especially the American) church's comfort mentality and even spiritual immaturity. I'm not saying this to "start a debate", but just stating clearly where Art stood on the issue.
When I got truly born again, I didn't immediately check into Bible College (I graduated from that years later and spent years having to again "unlearn" many watered down confusing traditions of men I was attempted to be "re-trained" with there!). I was born into the Kingdom as I surrendered in a prison cell facing 20 years for the 2nd degree felony of Organized Crime under the RICO racketeering act invented for the prosecution of the mafia. My initial "Kingdom Education & Theological Schooling" consisted primarily of being in a solitary cell, locked up alone, fasting, and reading scripture and praying every waking hour. Being quickly baptized with His Spirit (w/ no one laying on any hands, nor trying to force me to fall over), I just was primarily taught by the Spirit through the Word.
It never even crossed my mind the idea of some "pre-trib" rapture where we escape all suffering, testing, and persecution. When I was first introduced to such an idea, I thought "where do they get/see that in scripture?" Their response was usually: "God wouldn't allow His saints to have to endure such things". Really? I already got Voice of the Martyrs periodical and wondered "where then was God for these saints in these people's estimation and understanding of suffering and persecution?"
When they showed me the 1 or 2 scriptures taken alone out of entire context by which they hinged their entire eschatology, I thought "wow, what shoestrings to hang upon!!" I'm not being contentious or proud, so hear my heart, but just entirely honest with you. I had seen a "post-trib" eschatology (at least a mid-trib could be somewhat of a supportable position, but to escape all suffering and persecution at the end of all things entirely?) even in the types and shadows of the OT prophets, the sayings/teachings/parables of Christ, the epistles, and Revelation.
In fact, when I looked back and saw that I was soveriegnly saved from death miraculously over a dozen times before I was even born again (gun put to my head and the trigger pulled as the gun jammed, overdosed on drugs many times, horrible head-on car-wrecks that should have killed me, jumped in several street-fights by a whole crowd of young men and beaten profusely even with a tire-tool once in the head, etc., etc.), I knew I was saved purely by the Grace of God and that if I was called one day to suffer or die for Christ's name sake, then it was a glorious gift the Father granted me to suffer for His name sake. If not, then my very life was to be a living sacrifice day by day for the Glory of Christ. I have stumbled many times along that course, but He has picked me up and carried me forward by His grace.
The pre-trib stance to me is a foreign mystery to what I see in scripture, what I know in the calling of "taking up our cross and following Jesus", and what I know/see in my own salvation and life in Christ experiences in this world. Especially in the particular gifting which the Holy Spirit saw fit to use me in the Body, I neither see it, nor see how we could hold to such teaching if we are taught merely by scripture, and not by men & their books of doctrine. Oh church, do not spend all your time on this earth reading the books of men and lining up with them, but read and line up your thoughts and hearts with the Word of God! Don't read Calvin and Tulip, and the Five Pillars of Calvinism! Nor read Armenias & Finney's doctrinal writings! Read the Word of God! Fast, Pray, ask the Father for the Holy Spirit to help you see, and read God's Word. Then your understanding will be based on the Words of God, and not the doctrines and traditions of men!
May the Grace of Christ, the Soverign love of the Father, and the "seeing" which can only be through the Power of the Holy Spirit be yours in abundance as you humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, Blessings and peace,
Jeff Marshall

2012/4/14 9:56
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Jeff I really appreciate what you've shared. You are right to focus wholly on scripture for the derivation of your eschatology and theology in general. Many young believers are spoonfed Calvin or Arminius at birth and thus grow up to be doctrinally-jaded and overly defensive when their sacrosanct convictions are challenged.

My testimony of salvation actually parallels yours; though I did not encounter Christ in a jail cell, I encountered Him on the eve of going into one - and as such, was spared a very lengthy incarceration by His sovereign grace.

I'm very happy we have brethren like yourself visiting SermonIndex. It keeps things real here. God bless you and enjoy your weekend.

Brother Paul

2012/4/14 10:18Profile

Re: Jeff

Brother such a glorious testimony you shared! Your theological education was where the persecuted learn. In a jail cell. When I read io your experience I think of Bunyon and Wormbrandt who went to that same seminary and graduated with high honors. For truly you walk with esteened company.

I agree with your admonition to stay in the word only. I just listened to a sermon by Keith Daniels on the importance of desiring scripture only. The link is under Articles and Sermons and entitled The Word of God. After listening to it spent about 3 hours istening to my digital New Testament. Such a blessing. Would that God give me a greater craving for his sweet word alone.

What was most encouraging about Keith's message was how the word impacted people like Moody and how God used Moody to bring revival to Chicago and Scotland. All because he read the Bible. So simple it scares you. Yet what woukd happen if we woukd but immerse ourselves in his word. Would we but see revival in our lives, churches, communities, and nations. Surely reading Calvin or Tulip will not do that. Only the word.

By the way. Moody had no formal education having dropped out of the 6th grade. He was an unschooled, ordinary man that God used. But then so were Peter and John. Jeff you are in good company. Brother much blessing be on you. For I believe you will be used mightily of Jesus.

Bearmaster.

2012/4/14 10:41

Re:

In the message "Surrounding by a great cloud of witnesses"'- an excerpt from Art Katz:

"Notice the verbs of tonight, 'seeing' & 'knowing'. True faith is much more than the subscription to correct doctrine. It's seeing what is invisible. The things that are heavenly. It's knowing that you have in heaven a more enduring substance That is better. 'Therefore cast not away your confidence which hath great recompense of reward. For you have need of patience that AFTER you have done the will of God you might receive the promise' (Hebrews 10:35-36).
Can you live for the AFTER? AFTER this life? The life to come. The eternal life. The true life. This is only momentary and passes away. This is only preparation for that which is eternal. 'Yes I know that brother' (you might say), but are you living as though you know that? THEN are you a witness unto Him. "For you have need of patience that AFTER you have done the will of God you might receive the promise. For yet a little while and He that shall come will come and shall not tarry." (Hebrews 10:36-37).
Are you expecting His coming? 'Well, it's doctrinally true I know (you'might say).' I didn't ask you THAT! Because the apostate church also will believe what is doctrinally true! Believing is not subscribing, believing is EXPECTING! And living in the anticipation of His coming! That will be fearful for the unbelieving-he comes as judge! The heaven and earth will flee from the face of Him who comes! But those who have been faithful to the Word of God and the testimony of Jesus, and didn't take the mark of the beast, and resisted this system, whatever their suffering- He will vindicate them in that day! His coming will be a glory and a triumph and a joy! And He brings His reward with Him! That endures and doesn't pass away! for He that will come shall come! Do you believe that? Are you living as though you believe that? Are you witnessing as though you believe that? That's the faith!"

God Bless brother Katz for his faithfulness to the truth for the Gospel and the Glory of God's sake while he was on this earth!
Blessings and peace,
Jeff Marshall

2012/4/14 10:51

Re:

Thank you Brother Jeremy221 & Jeff.

Art was 'real'. I suppose that's why some 'churches' wouldn't have him back.
I've met a number of Brothers here that could lead us through a storm and yes, that is reassuring to us that need that strength and non-self-seekingness in leadership positions.
Pastorfrin was one, and I've met a number of others here since. Grateful to & for them.

Thank you again, for all of these sermons, Brother.

2012/4/14 10:55

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy