SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Godly sorrow and repentance over sin

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
brothagary

Re:

hi jim ,,,,,lord jesus preached repent and believe the gosple ,,,it wasnt just believe ,,,john the baptist preached repentence ,,,paul preached repent and believe ,, peter said repent everyone of you ,,why would we not call people to repent from sin ,lets be bibical and not strain the message through a sive ,and extract just the shiny pieces ,,its all gold brother jim all gold ,even repentance is a gift granted from the refiners fire

the holy spirit works and convicts men through calling them to repent from sin towards god and believe in the good news thats why we should use the word repent

2012/4/4 2:57Profile
passerby

Re:

Indeed, it is to repent from sin not just from 'sins', in other words from being a sinner, a rebel, and unbeliever of Christ.

Repentance and faith in Christ goes hand in hand.

2012/4/5 5:58Profile

Re: El-Bethel

You said -Every time we sin we thrust the dagger into the heart of God.

This is NOT true!! God in Christ has completely dealt with mankind's sin forever. Sin is no longer an issue with God.
God Himself was in Christ on the cross reconciling the world unto Himself.

2 Cor 5:19, "To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Heb. 9:28, "So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation."

1 John 3:5, "And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin."

Col. 2:14, :Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;"

2012/4/5 9:39
El-Bethel

Re:

You ARE wrong tuc. All the verses you quoted are true to the one who comes to God with repentance. But if a repented believer sins again, it grieves God.
"Do not grieve the HolySpirit" cried the apostle, who claimed himself as a chief of sinner at the end of his life. He gave this exhortation not the world but to the Ephesian Church.
If sin is not an issue with God, there is no need for Him to write Revelation Chapter 2 and 3.
If I donot forgive anybody from my heart, I know MY FATHER GOD would revoke my forgiveness. That's what Jesus Christ taught.
You don't have a different Bible, do you?

1Tim 5:20 Those who continue in sin, rebuke in the presence of all, so that the rest also will be fearful of sinning.
Sin is a serious issue with God even today when we sin and don't repent.

Just read the Bible, you will know the heart of God.

2012/4/5 14:25Profile
Sree

Re:

Quote:

All the verses you quoted are true to the one who comes to God with repentance.

Amen. There is nothing wrong in the verses. All the verse of Eternal security that people who do not believe in Repentance post here are true. But the verses are applicable only when you are in Jesus, if you have unrepented sin in your life you cannot be part of Jesus until you repent.

I will compare them to people who are trying to draw money out of a Cheque (check) that is not written in their name. It is true that what they have in their hand is a real Cheque (like what they quote is real verse) but it is not for them to claim.

2012/4/5 15:30Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, be sure , your sins will find you out. we who are born again are living two lives ; one in the spirit and the other in the flesh. our spirit lives are in Christ and are protected by the blood of the cross but our fleshly lives are the source of sin and the penalties of sin fall on our lives here on earth.an obese person(me) who has buffeted his body too much and is now using a walker to move and has other problems with simple movement. we had a young lady here at the ministry with 3 kids who backslid and fell in love with an 18 year old man . in one month she was fired from her job and lost her children to her ex husband ,was evicted etc. we had a bible school student who was doing very well and had a good job in the ministry; his brother came to visit with him for two weeks and brought his favorite drugs with him. in that two weeks ; the brothers tried to kill each other and wound up in the hospital and then in jail.the student was fired ,evicted,kicked out of school.they both are back serving the Lord for the Lord said that no man can take you out of my hands;not even you.i could site many more examples. peter would be a good one.jimp

2012/4/5 17:47Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy